Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The Spike VGX Awards Summed Up in One Photo

Can we please never do this again? I thought the awards were honestly better than in previous years with more focus on the developers. But... the terrible hosting just dragged it right back down.

Source: http://n4g.com/news/1408791/the-spik...p-in-one-photo
    Last edited by muckraker18; 2013-12-08 at 04:32 AM.

The hosting was great...
    Whats the problem? dont like a serious host who makes up epic jokes?

And jeff or geoff (whatever his name is) is just generally brilliant host, he was hosting in blizzcon aswell.

I'm reading he managed to piss of a very large number of people with his deadpan jokes.

Almost makes me wish I watched the thing.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

It was fucking horrible not even a surprise Fallout 4 announcement could of saved the massive cluster fuck of this show. How little respect the jackass in the black and white shirt showed for the developers and gamers as whole was anger inducing.

And the final performance what the hell was that?

Some nobody (Sorry if anybody is a fan of the 1st guy, but I don't recognize him) and the guy from The Soup/Community? Huh, prolly not what I'd expect from hosts of something about video games, but as long as they don't try to act above the subject matter, I suppose they would work as well as anybody else *Shrugs*
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I know the VGA's are a joke and have been nothing more than a giant marketing event for years now, but this years was absolutely terrible IMO. The production value took a massive dive. I'm talking about going from the big stages of previous years to the bar or whatever they were in, but I'm talking about everything. It felt like they hadn't rehearsed the awards at all and were basically improvising half the time, and it felt like they were confused as to what to do (both the hosts and the people in charge of the cameras etc.) more often than not.

Honestly, the only thing that was remotely interesting/decent was the No Man's Sky trailer. Beyond that, I spent more time cringing than anything else.

I truly hope they either bring up the production value to previous years again, or never do this again. Because between some of the awards being obviously for marketing purposes (Bioshock Infinte best FPS, seriously?), and the horrible production quality and some of the bad decisions made during it, it did nothing but make gamers look like a bunch of immature kids pretending to take steps towards adulthood : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I know the VGA's are a joke and have been nothing more than a giant marketing event for years now, but this years was absolutely terrible IMO. The production value took a massive dive. I'm talking about going from the big stages of previous years to the bar or whatever they were in, but I'm talking about everything. It felt like they hadn't rehearsed the awards at all and were basically improvising half the time, and it felt like they were confused as to what to do (both the hosts and the people in charge of the cameras etc.) more often than not.

Honestly, the only thing that was remotely interesting/decent was the No Man's Sky trailer. Beyond that, I spent more time cringing than anything else.

I truly hope they either bring up the production value to previous years again, or never do this again. Because between some of the awards being obviously for marketing purposes (Bioshock Infinte best FPS, seriously?), and the horrible production quality and some of the bad decisions made during it, it did nothing but make gamers look like a bunch of immature kids pretending to take steps towards adulthood : /
    The awards have been a joke since they dont seem to be voted on at all just who ever pays the most gets the awards they pay for.

Oh Winger...you so crazy
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Some of the winners seriously deserve a big facepalm.

**Best Shooter, Bioshock, which had AWFUL FPS mechanics and it was so fucking uninteresting that the only thing that kept me going was the story. What the hell seriously, I thought this was the Shooter category, not Story category. CoD: Ghosts is Arcade, Metro was fairly standard at gunplay and was mostly about survival, you could complete many levels without having to shoot anyone. BF4 by FAR has the best gun play out of the 4 options in both handling, amount of guns and the amount of accessories for each gun.

**Best PC Game, Gone Home, I'm sorry, what? Battlefield 4 was released also on Consoles, but they couldn't find anything else but some Indie games that really had nothing to do with popular or interesting enough to play for many hours? Graphics of all the 3 indie games do not represent PC Gaming. I'm not saying BF4 should have won the overall category, but the competitors they chose were mindblowing(ly bad).

It makes you think who the hell actually chooses these? IGN's paid/biased reviewers? Retarded people who think CoD is the best game in the world because it's so simple everyone can play it with their potato computer? Come on.

I'm not biased towards BF4 in every aspect, but comparing Indie games against multi-million projects is silly and saying a game(Bioshock Infinite) has better Shooter experience with 6-7 guns with fixed accessories than a game with 82 Unique Guns with +30 accessories for EACH gun + class related weapons(GL, RPGs, Explosives). It's just totally silly to even compare them.

That mchale dude is an epic mcdouche.

He is only slightly behind Greg Miller from IGN in the most annoying people on the internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Some of the winners seriously deserve a big facepalm.

**Best Shooter, Bioshock, which had AWFUL FPS mechanics and it was so fucking uninteresting that the only thing that kept me going was the story.
    Agreed, that one made no sense to me. If you are going to have a Best Shooter category, wouldn't you base it off of the shooting mechanics? I'd be fine with Bioshock Infinite winning a story award but come on.

Also I'm sorry but GTAV does NOT deserve GOTY. There was too much going against it in terms of bugs and gameplay annoyances.

This was a terrible VGX, more terrible than usual.

i think the hosting has nothing to do with how much vgx sucked. Even if chuck norris hosted with some of the hottest chicks in the world standing next to him nude couldnt save the show. I felt like all the content they showed was pretty meh and thats being nice. Donkey kong? no thanks another interactive book but with a borderlands skin? ill pass. Then the stuff i was really waiting to see like destiny, witcher3, the division and titanfall had lame trailers/info. A division trailer talking about how realistic stuff like lighting was going to be, a titanfall reveal that showed another class of titan, and mediocre witcher and destiny trailers.

Quote Originally Posted by Icaras View Post
    Some nobody (Sorry if anybody is a fan of the 1st guy, but I don't recognize him) and the guy from The Soup/Community? Huh, prolly not what I'd expect from hosts of something about video games, but as long as they don't try to act above the subject matter, I suppose they would work as well as anybody else *Shrugs*
    Geoff "Dorito Pope" Keighley is a nobody? He's basically the face of video game journalism and has been for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    Geoff "Dorito Pope" Keighley is a nobody? He's basically the face of video game journalism and has been for years.
    He's talking about Joel Mcsomething, the tall guy.

I never watch these, because they seem like an even bigger joke than the movie awards, but this time i honestly think i will watch the achieved video for some comedy. The guy probably knew it was going to have really bad production value and Jeff did a real heroic effort to look professional. I think without him the set would have burned down.

Quote Originally Posted by sqicychiqotles View Post
    I've never heard of him. If he calls himself "Dorito Pope", I assume it's a good thing I never heard of him, cause I'd probably hate him for being such a tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    I've never heard of him. If he calls himself "Dorito Pope", I assume it's a good thing I never heard of him, cause I'd probably hate him for being such a tool.
    calls himself "Dorito Pope"
    a tool
    Well you got the latter right at least...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The guy from community obviously had no idea about gaming in general, read from the script constantly without looking away from it and kept making shit ass jokes, he had no emotion or anything. He was by far the worst host i've seen in a long time, geoff was alright though.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Agreed, that one made no sense to me. If you are going to have a Best Shooter category, wouldn't you base it off of the shooting mechanics? I'd be fine with Bioshock Infinite winning a story award but come on.

Also I'm sorry but GTAV does NOT deserve GOTY. There was too much going against it in terms of bugs and gameplay annoyances.

This was a terrible VGX, more terrible than usual.
    We all know how a majority of these games won.

$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    He's talking about Joel Mcsomething, the tall guy.

I never watch these, because they seem like an even bigger joke than the movie awards, but this time i honestly think i will watch the achieved video for some comedy. The guy probably knew it was going to have really bad production value and Jeff did a real heroic effort to look professional. I think without him the set would have burned down.
    It's hard to laugh at this because I just feel bad for everyone involved...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    (Bioshock Infinte best FPS, seriously?)
    Hey at least that's slightly better than gone home as best pc game
    or gtav as best soundtrack

He doesn't call himself that, but the rest of the internet
    I think this article sums up it nicely
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ble-of-doritos