Deleted

Considering buying a 780 Ti this week

Hello! I am currently using a 6970 and thinking about upgrading to a 780 Ti this week, but I'm not sure. What do you think? I will use it to get better graphics to BF4 and SMITE, but also to secure being able to play on max quality when Wildstar comes out!

I guess I just want to hear opinions on what your choices would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 780ti is a great card, if you're looking to max out games with a single GPU then either that or the 290/290x are the way to go.

What are your specs? CPU etc. and how much do you want to spend. It would help to know that.

780ti will last alot longer than 290, honestly a videocard that runs constantly at 95c while gaming will not last a long time also think of the temps inside your case with a 95c videocard in their if your running one of the newer cpu's like 3770 or 4770k it defo will contribute to that overheating aswell.
    PS all MMOs run better with Nvidia, its like they are all developed with them in mind, makes sense though since Nvidia is the most popular gpu maker by far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ineko View Post
    A 780ti is a great card, if you're looking to max out games with a single GPU then either that or the 290/290x are the way to go.

What are your specs? CPU etc. and how much do you want to spend. It would help to know that.
    I use i7 2600K cpu, which I am planning on increasing at one point. I also have 950W if I remember correctly, so there's plenty of electricity to go around. And 8 GB memory. I'm only using one screen and not that much programs active at once, so I don't really need more for the moment. :P

Edit: I am willing to go up to $1100 for a graphic card. Money is not an issue, but I am not someone that throws in money for another ~2% advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    780ti will last alot longer than 290, honestly a videocard that runs constantly at 95c while gaming will not last a long time also think of the temps inside your case with a 95c videocard in their if your running one of the newer cpu's like 3770 or 4770k it defo will contribute to that overheating aswell.
    PS all MMOs run better with Nvidia, its like they are all developed with them in mind, makes sense though since Nvidia is the most popular gpu maker by far.
    They're made to run at that temperature.

OT: Either that or a 290x, if you decide to 290x wait for aftermarket cards to be released.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking to get one this week grab the 780ti, if you don't mind waiting you could see how to the 290x performs with an aftermarket cooler.

If I were you I'd just pick up the 780ti, I'm not sure if it would even be useful for you but I absolutely love shadow-play.

Thread moved to the sub-forum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    They're made to run at that temperature.

OT: Either that or a 290x, if you decide to 290x wait for aftermarket cards to be released.
    Every GPU is made to handle 95c, still doesn't make it a good thing.

Anyway 780 Ti is the better card, if you are willing to pay the price premium.