View Poll Results: Would you accept NO mounts til 6.1?

Voters
446. This poll is closed
  • NO! I'm a hypocrite who only wants other people's fun removed from the game without losing my own.

64 14.35%
  • No! Though I do sympathize for people losing what they enjoy until 6.1.

109 24.44%
  • YES! Bring on the full immersive and dangerous experience I crave!

273 61.21%
Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Poll : Would you accept NO mounts til 6.1?

So, I think my position is pretty well documented. So, here's a question for you anti-flight people.

You want true immersion. You want real danger. But you want mounts? Pft, that's not either. True immersion and mounts, even by Blizzard's definitions, is complete mount removal. The world of Azeroth at 60 wasn't really as dangerous as it was before level 40. When you had to walk everywhere on foot. When you relied entirely on flight paths or tipping mages to get you around from place to place, zone to zone.

So, if you want both of those back, why aren't you rallying up the troops to take it to the highest levels of both? In short : you don't really want either. You just want to strip others of the thing that they enjoy while keeping the thing you enjoy.

So, let's see who'd be willing to put their money where their mouths are. Who'd buy WoD if it gated ALL mount usage?

I'm gonna get a good chuckle out of the results. Poll incoming shortly.

Chosen to close the thread as it seems closer to baiting, as well as the biased poll.

Please don't make threads like this.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-12-08 at 05:45 PM.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Flying mounts completely remove you from any sort of danger. Ground mounts dont. /thread
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

No, just no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Flying mounts completely remove you from any sort of danger. Ground mounts dont. /thread
    Done Timeless Isle lately? Pretty sure I just mount up and run past everything in sight. Next!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the poll?
    And no i won't, nor my best friend or my gf play until flying back, 2 other friends one will stop too, other can't wait for WoD and will play, that's a small poll of 5 people who play wow, 4 will stop because of flying, with zero intention to play until flying back (and if fly isn't back, a good chance no back at all)

There's danger while on ground mounts?

Wow, you're bitter. Also missing the point.

Flying mounts means avoiding all danger entirely. Ground mounts still have you in the midst of enemies who can daze, knock you off your mount, etc. You're also still at the level where immersion takes place: the ground.

Removing flying mounts and ground mounts are two separate things that would have very different results.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't you be smart enough to understand that locations are DESIGNED for curtain movement speed?
    If blizzard had idea of removing all mounts they would just make all the distances 2x smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Done Timeless Isle lately? Pretty sure I just mount up and run past everything in sight. Next!
    That is a lie and you know it. You cannot run through ANY place with equal level mobs without even giving a care for mob type/placement, especially not Timeless Isle.

Love the loaded poll question too... You completely lose all credibility when you do that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

That is a lie and you know it. You cannot run through ANY place with equal level mobs without even giving a care for mob type/placement, especially not Timeless Isle.
    The only mobs on Timeless Isle that pose any danger whatsoever are the big priest guys near ordos that are off in the corner and you never have to go near.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't people manage to make a decent poll here...
    Aye mate

I don't understand the poll answers. Why is there no option for "No, I'm not a douche and I would never ask for this anyways."

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd play WoD either way. My enjoyment of the game is independent of the type of mount that I use or the usage of a mount at all.

I like my mounts though. I have many. It would be very sad to not be able to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The only mobs on Timeless Isle that pose any danger whatsoever are the big priest guys near ordos that are off in the corner and you never have to go near.
    Try running through those berserkers that are half way up the hill and let me know how it goes. The question is not whether they are hard to kill, its whether you can just mount up and run through them without a care like you would be able to do with flying.

Imho mounts both flying and ground are less "immersion breaking" than teleports, if blizzard really want to force peoples out in the world doing events etc the first thing they where supposed to remove or heavly limit are all the teleport inside the game

lfd/lfr teleport
    bg teleport
    portals
    summons
    all the object that teleport you around (cloacks, tabards, rings etc)

from my experience in terms of pvp the best wpvp i've see was at the summoning stones or outside bgs entrace,
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Try running through those berserkers that are half way up the hill and let me know how it goes. The question is not whether they are hard to kill, its whether you can just mount up and run through them without a care like you would be able to do with flying.
    Then what's the point? Stop and kill mobs that aren't hard? I just bubble+rocket boost if they aggro me anyway.

If you want to use danger as a reason then the mobs better be dangerous.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiana View Post
    Shouldn't you be smart enough to understand that locations are DESIGNED for curtain movement speed?
    If blizzard had idea of removing all mounts they would just make all the distances 2x smaller.
    So? It's be immersive and dangerous without any mounts, just like vanilla up until 40. That's what you all want, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I wouldn't accept it... and I'm pissed that they're removing flying until 6.1 for no good reason as well.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Seriously people, stop deluding yourself - it doesn't matter if you accept it or not or whether you like it or not, it will be. It's time to stop talking about it, until AFTER you have experienced it. Then, and only then, will your opinions on the matter carry any weight. Blizzard is developing this game, not the player-base. You are the consumer, and after you have consumed it, you can review it.

Quote Originally Posted by Morendo View Post
    Seriously people, stop deluding yourself - it doesn't matter if you accept it or not or whether you like it or not, it will be. It's time to stop talking about it, until AFTER you have experienced it. Then, and only then, will your opinions on the matter carry any weight. Blizzard is developing this game, not the player-base. You are the consumer, and after you have consumed it, you can review it.
    Generally the point of test phases is to get consumer feedback. I know beta hasn't officially started yet, but we're still in the test phase.