Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    I wish they would reverse all the old revamps and just make new dungeons instead of ruining old ones.
    Or introduce a dungeon/raid difficulty toggle for the originals.

they should make Drakkisath hit for 10 million dmg and the only viable strat would be hunter kiting 8)

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Hi. So, UBRS will be the new classic heroic.
    I'm personally not a fan of this dungeon. I know it would fit the expansion well with all the orcs inside, but i would have loved to see something different.

Was thinking of a different one. Perhaps Blackfathom Deeps. I really liked that one.
    Or perhaps a revamped Dire Maul (still gotta be big like the original one though, thats what i loved about it.).

Or perhaps the Wailing Caverns. Really love that zone!

So, which one would you have liked to see instead of UBRS?
    UBRS was my favorite raid...LBRS and BRD and ST i dont want to hear about them even..its ur opinion
    but i say way to go Buzzard xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    As long as they don't integrate the dungeons into the ongoing story like Deadmines and Zul'gurub, they will suck most likely.
    Revamped DM wasn't junk because it wasn't integrated. It was too long and too stupid, that's all.

Deleted
    None ... I hate revamps ... and it seems that revamps are the only thing blizz can come up with nowadays.
    On another note ... I really liked ZF and ST

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Revamped DM wasn't junk because it wasn't integrated. It was too long and too stupid, that's all.
    You get me wrong.

DM was integrated, they told the story why the Defias are suddenly back and why the Bosses are in this Instances.

Personally i enjoyed the DM remake very much, because it actually felt like a decently made 5man Instance, Encounters were nicely designed for 5man standards and that the Last Boss is actually Heroic only made the heroic version even better and for a 5man Boss Vanessa was really unique and good designed.

It's not an instance for farming Valor / Justice points for sure, but running this instance was really fun, at least for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    rip sunken temple
    No doubt. They ruined one of the greatest dungeons in the game with the revamp of ST.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quite frankly the classic dungeons are long past "showing their age" and are an absolute drag to run. I quite enjoy the updated ragefire, scarlet dungeons and scholomance at low levels with their high paying exp and decent looking gear drops only to leave them a couple of levels later and return to the 9 year old ancient history of WoW.
    Don't get me wrong, I loved those dungeons when they were current but should they really be the dungeons that new players judge this game on at the early levels?

I would have made the decision long ago to update them and bring them up to standard of other updated classics by now. I'm looking forward to UBRS simply because of how much I dislike the old one and it's rather silly layout. In fact, the silly layout that all the old Blackrock stuff had really irked me.
    Butts.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    They're taking the old dungeons that were long and fun and turning them into MoP zerg fest like dungeons. It's a shame really.
    Well they've been zerg fests for quite some time now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Well they've been zerg fests for quite some time now.
    Believe it or not, some people remember what dungeons were like before the nerfs, revamps, streamlining and power creep. They were challenging and rewarding. UD Strat was tough as it was. If you were bad at pulling you could easily wipe the group with all the trash and pats in the streets. Then if you wanted to do the 45 min Baron run, you really had to be good and know your way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Believe it or not, some people remember what dungeons were like before the nerfs, revamps, streamlining and power creep. They were challenging and rewarding. UD Strat was tough as it was. If you were bad at pulling you could easily wipe the group with all the trash and pats in the streets. Then if you wanted to do the 45 min Baron run, you really had to be good and know your way around.
    I believe Blizzard is trying to make heroics challenging in WoD; but rather than difficulty, some people remember the old dungeons being very long, and therefore rewarding upon completion in that sense. Will you be satisfied if WoD Ubrs is challenging tuning wise, but takes less than 30 minutes to complete for a capable group? Or would any significant change to the length, mob density and/or mechanics cause you to see it as a shadow of it's former self?

BRD would be interesting and make since due to its proximity to UBRS, LBRS could be redone as well. If they really wanted to make things interesting, in my opinion turn Blackrock mountain into a giant raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Fun? They weren't fun. They were fucking chores, that's what they were. It took me about three runs to completely hate BRS and want to never go back there ever again. To bad i still didn't have my onyxia attunement. I don't think i ever actually completed the instance.
    So, because you were spectacularly unsuccessful at running an old dungeon, to the point of hilarity, they were "fucking chores"? They could actually be quite (opinion) fun - long, sprawling adventures, especially LBRS.

I confess I do detest what they're doing/have done to old instances - Scholomance, Sunken Temple, Wailing Caverns, Scarlet Monastery, Deadmines, utter shells of their former selves. Utter shells.

If they were going to actually revamp one without gutting it of its soul, and adding random tacked-on RP that makes no sense, I'd vote for Maraudon. Especially waters. Beautiful instance.
    Last edited by Constraint; 2013-12-09 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    I confess I do detest what they're doing/have done to old instances - Scholomance, Sunken Temple, Wailing Caverns, Scarlet Monastery, Deadmines, utter shells of their former selves. Utter shells.

If they were going to actually revamp one without gutting it of its soul, and adding random tacked-on RP that makes no sense, I'd vote for Maraudon. Especially waters. Beautiful instance.
    Was this an attempt at being extremely hipster?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Was this an attempt at being extremely hipster?
    Explain. How is disliking new, shortened, extremely linear zergfests in comparison to their original incarnations classified as "being extremely hipster"?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Fun? They weren't fun. They were fucking chores, that's what they were. It took me about three runs to completely hate BRS and want to never go back there ever again. To bad i still didn't have my onyxia attunement. I don't think i ever actually completed the instance.
    They were a lot more fun than Jade Temple or Stormstout Brewery. I'll take dungeons that have some sort of engagement, whether it's cc or challenging as opposed to mindless aoe zerg fests any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    Explain. How is disliking new, shortened, extremely linear zergfests in comparison to their original incarnations classified as "being extremely hipster"?
    Compared to their old, longer, linear zerg fests? I don't see much of a difference.

- Old Scholomance: Somewhat linear, last boss was a pain in the ass because you had to clear out all of the rooms; the bosses really didn't do anything threatening except for Rattlegore hitting really hard. The new version is very linear but has more interesting boss mechanics, and it's more interesting aesthetically imo; but I'm sure you'll say otherwise.

- Sunken Temple didn't change at all? They just removed the other half of the instance which was really tedious and devoid of difficulty. Jumping down to kill that last boss was kind of cool after activating all the statues or whatever (it's been a long time I forget).

- Wailing Caverns seems the same as before except they removed a hallway I think and made the patrol guy run instead of walk.

- Scarlet Monastary is pretty much the same layout as before with some minor additions (the shield event and the chained dogs). All the bosses have been improved significantly.

- Can't really say much about Deadmines as I've been horde for 6 years and only did the old one once. But the new Deadmines was one of my favorite heroics in Cataclysm.

Saying that these instances are "utter shells" of their former selves is a complete exaggeration; and it's a terrible attitude going forward tbh. How is Blizzard supposed to bring back an instance when people like you have seemingly un-achievable expectations.

I'm not opposed to the revamp entirely, it may have been fun whilst it was current content (well despite the fact you were in a dungeon for hours which there was no certainty of completion and if your item dropped it would probably be ninjad by someone of the wrong class and spec but people seem to forget that some of those old 5-15 mans were a chore more than a fun adventure. I'm also banking that like me players who had 2-3 hours spare for a bad UBRS run now have real life commitments and if a heroic took more than 30 minutes they would complain. Now also account for the fact that all it takes these days is for a person to die once for them to bitch at the tank / healer and then leave the group) but it isn't current content anymore and with the power level 55+ characters have now it is a doddle compared to back in Vanilla. Most of the revamps have been done pretty well aside from (imo) Scolomance and ST which were complete massacres.