Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoD Classic heroic

Hi. So, UBRS will be the new classic heroic.
    I'm personally not a fan of this dungeon. I know it would fit the expansion well with all the orcs inside, but i would have loved to see something different.

Was thinking of a different one. Perhaps Blackfathom Deeps. I really liked that one.
    Or perhaps a revamped Dire Maul (still gotta be big like the original one though, thats what i loved about it.).

Or perhaps the Wailing Caverns. Really love that zone!

So, which one would you have liked to see instead of UBRS?
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Lower Blackrock Spire
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

Old sunken temple, it was huge and long

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    If they do the same thing as the last 'classic heroic' then we won't even recognize the place :P

Remember! They pick a dungeon that fits the story.
    Dire Maul is great, but I don't see that fitting an Iron Horde-story.
    I know! But then i remembered the Deadmines. It fits a tiny questline and nothing more tbh. Ofc with a revamped world, and deadmines being so popular it was a nice choice.

I also don't really see a connection between MOP and the scarlet dungeons :P
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

No one.

As long as they don't integrate the dungeons into the ongoing story like Deadmines and Zul'gurub, they will suck most likely.

Just because the Instance is inhabited by Orcs doesn't mean it will fit into the rest of the setting, it's just so weird when you queue for dungeons, get all the time into Instances which have a tie to the current expansion and then you suddenly stand in Scarlet monastery and bash the Scarlet Crusade for the 1000th times.

If they put in at least a small questchain that leads to UBRS i'd change my mind, but it will most likely appear out of nowhere like Scholo and Scarlet Monastery.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like that they're picking a dungeon related to the content of the expansion. The revamp will probably change the lore to say that "during their early attempts at invasion, the Iron Horde established a base of operations in Blackrock Spire."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They said they're updating 2 dungeons in WoD one of them being UBRS but other one is not LBRS. We still don't know which one the second one is but I'm kinda hoping it's Zul'farrak. Why? Because every expansion needs a troll dungeon/raid and we haven't seen Sand Trolls(Farakki?) do anything for awhileeeee apart from Sul being present in ToT.
    Last edited by Adoxe; 2013-12-08 at 05:36 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NonameXADX View Post
    They said they're updating 2 dungeons in WoD one of them being UBRS but other one is not LBRS. We still don't know which one the second one is but I'm kinda hoping it's Dire Maul or Zul'farrak. Why? Because every expansion needs a troll dungeon/raid and we haven't seen Sand Trolls(Farakki?) do anything for awhileeeee apart from Sul being present in ToT.
    Or, you know, it could NOT have a troll dungeon for the first time ever.

I think the 2nd one, if it exists (which I doubt), will be either ST or BRD. Continuing a theme of "Iron Horde gathering places from their initial invasion."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Ubrs works for me. Loves me some ubrs.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Some of my best wow memories are in UBRS so I don't feel I will like it. Same with how I now dislike going to Deadmines because it just isn't the same.

I wasn't a fan of Shadowfang Keep before the revamp, and I think they did a good job with that.

Let's wait until we see the final product.

I'm surprised they didn't do Stratholme yet. I always figured that was an old classic that would be great for challenge modes and stuff.

UBRS has the kind of linear design that works really well with the post-Vanilla style of dungeons, though, so I can see why they picked it. It'll be neat to see what kind of changes they make.

Sunken Temple would be cool if they redesigned it to include some of the older areas (or the outside instance bits) as part of a less confusing layout. It lost a lot of its "temple" feel when they cut it down to one chamber and a couple of square rooms.

brd and brs was always my favorite instances, mainly because it was so big that you got lost in them

however with blizz new direction of dungeons only taking max 15min... im guessing they will take away 2/3rds of teh content and half the bosses.. so cant say im overly hyped about it. And a blackrock spire tuned like a mop heroic? you will be pulling entire rooms at a time even with an afk healer.. sounds like a great way to ruin a good memory..

They're taking the old dungeons that were long and fun and turning them into MoP zerg fest like dungeons. It's a shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    They're taking the old dungeons that were long and fun and turning them into MoP zerg fest like dungeons. It's a shame really.
    Fun? They weren't fun. They were fucking chores, that's what they were. It took me about three runs to completely hate BRS and want to never go back there ever again. To bad i still didn't have my onyxia attunement. I don't think i ever actually completed the instance.

I heard they were redoing UBRS.

I'm preparing myself to see half the instance instantly removed, the trash nerfed and reworked so it doesn't do those massive knockbacks, the rookery reworked completely so retards can't leeroy jenkins the mobs anymore, shadowhunter will probably be removed, no one does her these days anyway, if they keep the Rend blackhand fight in I can pretty much count on my seal of ascension no longer being able to summon Vael during the encounter. Basically everything I love about LBRS/UBRS will be removed and it will get turned into a 3 room 3 corridor zerg fest.

I am already pissed I can't summon extra bosses when I run my guild members alts through the instance. I have the items from the dungeon set, I would purposely carry these items for extra bosses for extra loot and EXP for people.

I miss old scholomance, with its phyiscal immunity trash mobs, it's summonable extra bosses, both for the dungeon 1 set-> dungeon 2 set, and the gargoyle boss, I miss the rooms upon rooms of necromancers everywhere and labs and research stations all over the place, it really felt like a school of necromancy.

I miss the ashbringer RP in the old Scarlet Monastery, who the hell is this new old codger who replaced Renault in the cathedral? And what happened to Fairbanks?

Stratholme I don't mind, they broke the instance in two, it was quite long, and the mobs on one side were lower level than the other so that was fine, but the essence of the instance remains pretty much intact, this was not the case with scholomance, and based on current trends with reused vanilla dungeons in new expansions you can expect a similar butchering to happen to UBRS/LBRS
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    No, it isnt. All Blackrock instances are useless, even while leveling people are skipping them because they reward horrible EP and the current community has no idea how to do them.

They'll be gone for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blackrock Depths!!

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    the current community has no idea how to do them.
    Which, frankly, isn't any different from back when they were level cap instances. I still remember the complaining when they were capped to 5/10 man instead of 10/15.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would reverse all the old revamps and just make new dungeons instead of ruining old ones.