Deleted

[Elemental]: What changes would you like to see in WoD?

Keep it realistc, we wont get a class revamp yet. But probably a rarer legendary than the cloak in MoP. ^.^

From the top of my head, I just can think of a few points:

*Earthquake no channel - just place it somewhere, and it quakes
    *make some totems like cap totem into a normal skill. I thought of this: Electrified Air(?): combo of totemic proj + cap totem but less of a clusterfuck to use
    *less stat juggling. We've to balance int/mastery/haste and also sometimes even crit, whereas most other classes are simply focusing on 1 maybe 2 stats
    *Ankh no CD / resets like on Ra-den and Sha
    *Execute skill, which replaces Earth Shock with 7 charges below 20% - I thought of a slow moving ball-lightning type of spell
    *actual fun minor glyphs, not what we got in 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Keep it realistc, we wont get a class revamp yet. But probably a rarer legendary than the cloak in MoP. ^.^

From the top of my head, I just can think of a few points:

*Earthquake no channel - just place it somewhere, and it quakes
    *make some totems like cap totem into a normal skill. I thought of this: Electrified Air(?): combo of totemic proj + cap totem but less of a clusterfuck to use
    *less stat juggling. We've to balance int/mastery/haste and also sometimes even crit, whereas most other classes are simply focusing on 1 maybe 2 stats
    *Ankh no CD / resets like on Ra-den and Sha
    *Execute skill, which replaces Earth Shock with 7 charges below 20% - I thought of a slow moving ball-lightning type of spell
    *actual fun minor glyphs, not what we got in 5.4
    The Earthquake thing just sounds like too much of a rip off of Rain of Fire. Maybe buffing it's damage OR something like targets effected by EQ take 10%(?) increased nature damage whilst stood in EQ. I'd like to see it get used more since at the moment its borderline useless and it would be nice to move away from spamming Chain Lightning.

I like the current Capacitor in combination with Projection, though I think it's only really useful (in PvP at least) glyphed because of the sheer amount of reaction time you get if it's not. Make the glyph baseline and make Totemic Projection usable whilst stunned (the amount of times I've been lol-fluke-stunned just as I drop my capacitor and then am unable to move it is countless.

I like the current stat priority for Elemental, and it's not like we don't just stack the hell out of one stat. The stat priority variations at different gear levels are a good thing in my opinion and shouldn't be changed.

Ankh also resetting cooldown after a wipe would be a nice quality of life fix (since a raid could just wait around after a wipe for the CD anyway if they really wanted) but I can't say I'd care much if it didn't get changed since reincarnation is already powerful.

I'd rather pass on the execute thing, too many classes already have one and if you only want an execute for the damage increase then that's an entirely different issue all together.

I'd only really be interested in a single target damage increase. Buffing Lava Burst is boring and has already been done too much, plus it has too many implications in PvP, so I'd suggest buffing Lightning Bolt by 20% or so. It feels like Elemental is really bottom of the pack when it comes to single target.

Either buff or nerf the damage of Earth Elemental, just don't keep it as it is now. If you want it to be usable as a DPS increase (as it is now) make it so it does meaningful damage - and also fix the taunting off tanks rubbish it still does despite it 'having been fixed'. If you don't, nerf its damage by ~20%. Currently it's just really annoying.

Will we see adjustments on the amount of stats we get from Elemental Blast to make it competitive in WoD? I'd like to see Elemental Blast stay competitive, I really enjoyed using it.

Target switching - The way FS and LvB interact with each other makes Elemental terrible at switching to targets that will die quickly. No idea how I'd change it without drastically changing elemental... ideas please!
    Last edited by Anzen; 2013-12-08 at 06:28 PM.

Less RNG. Ele is already known for being one of the easier specs to play, and I'd like to be able to pull off some really awesome things purely because of my skill, and not because a bunch of procs decided to go off all at once. Having a good chunk of my DPS (Lava Surge, Rolling Thunder/Fulmination, Echo/Overload) be completely out of my control and purely determined by RNG is kind of boring.

Deleted
    - Remove Flame Shock CD or seperate Shock CD's
    - Capacitator Totem has a 2 Button Use, first use to drop it, second use to trigger it and the stun duration is based on the time channeled (e.g. 2,5sec channel, 2,5sec stun) with 5sec being max duration, just like now
    - making other spells more viable in AoE situation to avoid CL Spam only
    - combine frostbrand and flametongue weapon to one enchant (e.g. frostfire), more like an enhancement change
    - stormlash off GCD
    - take the maelstrom concept to elemental and make lavasurge procs less random (e.g. every flameshock tick reduces lavaburst cd or you get surge stacks for flame shock ticks, for every stack you get 2sec reduced CD on your next lavaburst, max stacks of 4, something like that)

just a few quick thoughts

I've seen most people agree that Fulmination and EQ should interact in some way. Here's my idea:

Fulmination: Also increases your EQ size and duration by the number of charges consumed. This cannot cause EQ to last longer than 40s. Size cannot exceed 300% of original.

This would work pretty much like a combination of defile and conductivity, and would make for a much more interesting AoE rotation with EQ, CL and Fulmination.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    The Earthquake thing just sounds like too much of a rip off of Rain of Fire. Maybe buffing it's damage OR something like targets effected by EQ take 10%(?) increased nature damage whilst stood in EQ. I'd like to see it get used more since at the moment its borderline useless and it would be nice to move away from spamming Chain Lightning.

I like the current Capacitor in combination with Projection, though I think it's only really useful (in PvP at least) glyphed because of the sheer amount of reaction time you get if it's not. Make the glyph baseline and make Totemic Projection usable whilst stunned (the amount of times I've been lol-fluke-stunned just as I drop my capacitor and then am unable to move it is countless.

I like the current stat priority for Elemental, and it's not like we don't just stack the hell out of one stat. The stat priority variations at different gear levels are a good thing in my opinion and shouldn't be changed.

Ankh also resetting cooldown after a wipe would be a nice quality of life fix (since a raid could just wait around after a wipe for the CD anyway if they really wanted) but I can't say I'd care much if it didn't get changed since reincarnation is already powerful.

I'd rather pass on the execute thing, too many classes already have one and if you only want an execute for the damage increase then that's an entirely different issue all together.

I'd only really be interested in a single target damage increase. Buffing Lava Burst is boring and has already been done too much, plus it has too many implications in PvP, so I'd suggest buffing Lightning Bolt by 20% or so. It feels like Elemental is really bottom of the pack when it comes to single target.

Either buff or nerf the damage of Earth Elemental, just don't keep it as it is now. If you want it to be usable as a DPS increase (as it is now) make it so it does meaningful damage - and also fix the taunting off tanks rubbish it still does despite it 'having been fixed'. If you don't, nerf its damage by ~20%. Currently it's just really annoying.

Will we see adjustments on the amount of stats we get from Elemental Blast to make it competitive in WoD? I'd like to see Elemental Blast stay competitive, I really enjoyed using it.

Target switching - The way FS and LvB interact with each other makes Elemental terrible at switching to targets that will die quickly. No idea how I'd change it without drastically changing elemental... ideas please!
    You have a lot of good points here, but the only that will work is your EQ idea. Because that would me we would use it for single target and Blizz does not want aoe spells being used for single target.

Your other points however are really valid
    Honestly I think having EQ do nature dmg instead of freaking Physical dmg would fix all the issues