Deleted

Upgrading my Inspiron 530

I'm looking to update my PC a bit for gaming. I was just wondering if someone could look at my system specs and tell me how to eek the most performance out of this 4 year old PC.

And...yes I know my computer is old

Dell Inspiron 530
    Processor: Processor Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz, 2500 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
    Ram: Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
    Display: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family

Just wondering which parts will mostly need upgrading and budget is around £200. Also can you recommend the parts I'll need.

Oh wow. By the time you're done upgrading it to run most games, you'll probably have replaced everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, unfortunately you're looking at a full system upgrade. I'd start with this to give you a platform to work from, and go from there. What OS do you currently have? Is your hard drive SATA or IDE?

PCPartPicker part list
    CPU: Intel Core i3-4330 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor (£96.07 @ Ebuyer)
    Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£35.71 @ CCL Computers)
    Memory: Kingston Blu Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory (£50.15 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £181.93
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

A new system, even at a budget of 300-400 dollars will benefit more than the upgrades. Beside that, in the past DELL requires specific RAM or MOBA to even boot the system. It may not be the case anymore, but after all an off the shelf rigg tends to very well balanced in the way that PSU's are giving enough power to system, but not any for an additional GPU or even a new CPU.