Deleted

Question about Playstation 4 (PSN)

Edit: First question answered, read down a bit to the next edit.

I don't see a specific Playstation/Next-Gen Consoles sub-forum, therefore I'm asking here. Anyway, I want to know if the Playstation Store on the PS4 is connected with the Playstation Store from the PS3, for example; I've bought Borderlands 2, MGS2, Sonic 2, and a shitload of other smaller games on my PS3, and I wanted to buy Metal Gear Solid 3 to bide the time over a little bit until my PS4 comes, but I'm not going to do it if I have to pay for it again when the PS4 comes out (if I want it again), otherwise I'm just going to wait. I can't really find this answer online via google either or on the Playstation 4 website.

Thanks in advance for replies!

EDIT: Then I'll ask another question, the way that Gaikai is explained as making older Playstation Games streamable, but it doesn't say "some", or "most", or "all" Playstation games, It just says Playstation Games, I can't find an answer to this either - anyone know?
    Last edited by mmocb2d52b93c1; 2013-12-08 at 10:33 PM.

The PS4 is not backwards compatible, so those purchased games won't work on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    The PS4 is not backwards compatible, so those purchased games won't work on it.
    Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 are Playstation 2 games, so I can't imagine that's the problem, I just want to know if those games I bought are linked to my PSN Account, and that I can just go in and download them again?

PS4 is not backwards compatible. Until Gaikai comes, there's no way of playing old games on ps4.

Oh, and answering the question specifically - it's connected, all bought games are bound to your psn id, HOWEVER ofc, ps1/2/3 games are only visible on ps3.
    Last edited by Aurigo; 2013-12-08 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 are Playstation 2 games, so I can't imagine that's the problem, I just want to know if those games I bought are linked to my PSN Account, and that I can just go in and download them again?
    No games linked to your PSN account are carried over to the PS4. As mentioned, the PS4 isn't backwards compatible with games, either digital or physical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No games linked to your PSN account are carried over to the PS4. As mentioned, the PS4 isn't backwards compatible with games, either digital or physical.
    Then I'll ask another question, the way that Gaikai is explained as making older Playstation Games streamable, but it doesn't say "some", or "most", or "all" Playstation games, It just says Playstation Games, I can't find an answer to this either - anyone know?

Also, thanks for the clear-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Craakar View Post
    Then I'll ask another question, the way that Gaikai is explained as making older Playstation Games streamable, but it doesn't say "some", or "most", or "all" Playstation games, It just says Playstation Games, I can't find an answer to this either - anyone know?

Also, thanks for the clear-up.
    You will have to re-purchase any game you want to play using the Gaikai streaming service. As far as what older PlayStation games will be available on it, there's no word. Sony's goal is to have the entire PS1/2/3 library on it, but it will be a very long time before that happens. I'd honestly expect a minimal library at the start that will slowly grow over time.