Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joppas View Post
    Would join a que instead of spamming /4?
    who spammed /4? it was always lfg in trade on our realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    You're slightly missing my point. The "kicks" mentioned in my post would almost never happen, because people, for the vast majority, weren't stupid enough to play in the manner I described in my post.
    Like hell they weren't. I remember the perfect runs where nobody did anything stupid and wiped the group. I remember them because they were rare. Like goddamn unicorns. Even long after gear should have made them trivial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I wouldn't expect much to have changed. LFG players are on par with what your average pug was capable of.
    Agreed.
    I met good players and I met players that made me (a wow noob at the time) go "WTF, is this guy serious?".

Imho LFG would have been friggin awesome back in the day, because realms were populated enough for them to make it realm only.
    That would have completely eliminated the downside of being anonymous and getting away with everything.

The truth is, I ran both Heroic Shattered Halls and Heroic Shadow Labyrinth only once the entire expansion, for the attunement quest. Heroic SH was very tricky, as our only CC was chain fears (3 priests, a warlock and a warrior). I ran the lower wings until I got exalted with the relevant factions.

But. Normal Shattered Halls, Shadow Labyrinth and other 68+ dungeons were as hard and probably harder than MoP heroics, and were actually useful for gearing up, both for Heroic dungeons and for Karazhan. (I'm thinking of MoP heroics at launch; by now they are much, much easier than max level BC normals were, or max level vanilla dungeons for that matter.) This to me bolsters the case for applying the heroic scenario model to dungeons: easy matchmade groups for starter gear (and valor/badges), harder premade groups for bonus valor and a chance at better gear.
    Last edited by hablix; 2013-12-10 at 02:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    90% of the specs would not be viable for that LFG and everyone would have to be in a viable spec to manage to finish any of them .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathnick View Post
    This BS is so popular these days. The overall population got more aware about raids, mechanics, addons, etc - YES. But that doesnt mean people where less skilled. My personal experience tells something totally different.

I rarely had desaster runs in BC (and those where usually rather fun because you actually talked to the people in your group). This was not because the dungeons where piss easy (rather the opposite) but because people actually focussed on running the dungeon and knew what they where doing instead of just beaming in to collect some points.
    Your personal experience and mine were different then. /shrug. And I said people were less skilled because more were new to the game. Now, a majority of people you run into have played for 5+ years. You didn't have that back in TBC. I know I'm much more skilled now than compared to when I played in TBC. Maybe you just got worse over time?

The majority would have used LFD for normal dungeons, but the participation would have dropped considerably with heroics due to the facts that 1) they required getting keyed and 2) they were a lot harder. On the flip side, it probably would have helped players get geared faster without relying so much on friends/guild members.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihth View Post
    Why? TBC peaked at 11,5m and I dont think LFD brought in any more players. WLK grew by 0.5m players, and if I recall correctly both the peaks (at 12m) were before and way after LFD.
    I doubt LFD had much impact on subs overall one way or the other. Early phase of WoW subs was characterised by massive growth, modern phase dominated by decline due to age. It's actually very hard to see anything in-game having any effect given the scope of those overall trends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics would of been nerfed

and i would of been mad

like i am right now (Check my sig)

When they introduced LFG, it gave them no reason to nerf dungeons to pointless grind
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.