Deleted

Heroic raid extension

I know a lot has been asked about this, but i couldn't find an answer.

My guild is planning to extend an heroic save at spoils heroic (killed) this wednesday. We are going to try Thok, so if we kill him no problem arises and we go on with the schedule, but if it doesn't die within thursday evening we want to reset and start the raid back to Immerseus hc.
    Is this doable?

The point is: can i extend a heroic save, go in and try a boss, not killing any, deactivate the lock later and clean the raid from Imm heroic?

Thanks a lot for reading and answering.

No, if you extend a raid lockout and then zone in on heroic you will be saved to that heroic lockout regardless of whether or not you pull a boss.

Deleted
    True; if you enter a raid that has been extended, entering that raid will force you to accept that lockout thus prevent you from killing the first bosses. Depending on your average ilvl I'd rather do a 10/11 clear on Wednesday tho, if possible, as you should have i570 in your raid to go on for the last three heroic bosses. Despite the long run to Thok after a wipe you will most likely not have long tries until you wipe (e.g. compared to Garrosh HC), so you are able to kill him in two evenings.

Deleted
    Thank you for your answers! I asked this because we won't be able to raid on mon and tue this week, thanks for replying! :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CardboxHero View Post
    I know a lot has been asked about this, but i couldn't find an answer.

My guild is planning to extend an heroic save at spoils heroic (killed) this wednesday. We are going to try Thok, so if we kill him no problem arises and we go on with the schedule, but if it doesn't die within thursday evening we want to reset and start the raid back to Immerseus hc.
    Is this doable?

The point is: can i extend a heroic save, go in and try a boss, not killing any, deactivate the lock later and clean the raid from Imm heroic?

Thanks a lot for reading and answering.

Nope. If you zone in and accept the lockout everyone in the raid who zones in and accepts will become saved to 10/14h without being able to return to fresh.

I guess I dont really know your raiding schedule or how long farm takes you but until garrosh ~ extending is never really worth it.
    In my alt alt 10 man we just got 10/14h raiding 1 night a week 5 hours and we usually manage to get throu farm and have a couple hours for progression in our limited time.
    Last edited by Felocity; 2013-12-09 at 10:47 PM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight