Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Oh God... that ending... haven't felt so sad since the ending of TWD season 1.

I found the episode rather short and Gareds plot felt too much like filler, all that happened were zombies and a pointless death for Finn. Mira's plot wasn't as great either compared to previous episode, picking sides with either Cersei or Tyrion was interesting though. Rodricks and Ashers plot were both great, I loved Ramsay Snow being a cruel bastard at the beginning (RIP Arthur) and how Rodrick dealt with the traitor. The traitor by the way is the one you didn't choose as sentinel. I absolutely loved the pit fighting scenes.

That ending though, it has to be the hardest decision of any Telltale game yet. I choosed to let Asher behind, because I didn't want to give Gryff the satisfaction of see'ing Rodrick getting killed with his smug face. I want Rodrik to have his revenge, I really hope he gets to kill both Gryff and his father in the end. Its interesting to see that the results are very close to 50-50. It\ll be interesting to see how the final episode is handled, they could be entirely different depending on whoever you left behind in this episode.

I felt like the episode was weak. The traitor made no sense whatsoever. It should have been the maester ( imo ).
    http://i.imgur.com/EGjJHxl.jpg

Seems the choices don't matter AT ALL. Not even a bit. I left everyone behind to defend the stronghold and there was no sign of fighting. When I came in, Arthur was dead and royland, who fought and defended with me against the whitehill soldiers, betrayed me for as I was no Asher. So he SELLS asher out. Really?

I spared him for some extra information even though I upset Talia with it. He tells of this plan that kills Asher upon his landing. WITH THIS IN MIND, RODRICK STILL STOOD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SQUARE. Waiting for the trap. Even Asher didn't fully trust the empty harbour and yet, he still walked in.

I keep making choices to remove as much threat as possible and in the end it does not matter. Same with Mira.
    I haven't stolen from marge nor have I forged a letter. I burned the decree from Tirion to leave no evidence behind.

As with Fin, I fully expected him to die as he could be killed last episode, and then he did within 5 minutes.

I don't know, Wolf among us and The walking dead gave me an ILLUSION of choice but Game of Thrones doesn't even give me that.

As for the last episode, I think Talia will be the next clementine. A lot of your decisions impacted Talia so I guess if you lied to her a lot, and kept her dumb. The game will end in a bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post
    I felt like the episode was weak. The traitor made no sense whatsoever. It should have been the maester ( imo ).

Seems the choices don't matter AT ALL. Not even a bit. I left everyone behind to defend the stronghold and there was no sign of fighting. When I came in, Arthur was dead and royland, who fought and defended with me against the whitehill soldiers, betrayed me for as I was no Asher. So he SELLS asher out. Really?
    This episode is indeed the weakest so far, there are some really good explanations to why on the TellTale forums. But to say it short it didn't feel like you were making any major decisions except at the very end, and this episode only showed that major decisions from previous episodes don't even matter at all. Like either leaving or bringing the Glenmore guards, either way Arthur dies and the rest is being send home. Killing Beshka's slave master only added a few more dialogue options at Daenerys and she ddin't give a shit either, you'll still get the same reward. The reveal of the traitor is definately the most dissapointing one, it doesn't make sense to me to have either of them betray me, especially Duncan. Should've been either the maester or lady Forrester.

I was really looking forward to this episode because episode 4 was just great, but this felt short and rushed. While the other episodes last almost 2 hours, this only lasts 1 hour and 20 minutes. There are also a lot of Gryff soundfiles that haven't even been used, instead he just stands there with a smug face just watching. I can only hope they pick up with episode 6 where some major changes has to happen, depending on who you save at the end. But I predict episode 6 will very heavily focus on Gared and Mira, while Asher/Rodrick will just sit around in Ironrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Extrakt View Post

I spared him for some extra information even though I upset Talia with it. He tells of this plan that kills Asher upon his landing. WITH THIS IN MIND, RODRICK STILL STOOD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SQUARE. Waiting for the trap. Even Asher didn't fully trust the empty harbour and yet, he still walked in.

I keep making choices to remove as much threat as possible and in the end it does not matter. Same with Mira.
    I haven't stolen from marge nor have I forged a letter. I burned the decree from Tirion to leave no evidence behind.

As with Fin, I fully expected him to die as he could be killed last episode, and then he did within 5 minutes.

I don't know, Wolf among us and The walking dead gave me an ILLUSION of choice but Game of Thrones doesn't even give me that.

As for the last episode, I think Talia will be the next clementine. A lot of your decisions impacted Talia so I guess if you lied to her a lot, and kept her dumb. The game will end in a bad way.
    Agreed entirely. Royland was my traitor as well and his reasoning made absolutely no sense. He kept talking about how he cares about the family and wants to keep them safe...even after Rodrik asked him why he'd betray them to the Whitehills. This makes no goddamn sense. There's no indication that him doing this would keep the family safe. The family he professes to care so much about he betrays to the person who wants them dead more than anyone else? That was such a godawful narrative choice. Easiest choice I made the entire game was to kill him. Furthermore why the fuck would he release Gryff? That makes NO SENSE.

You're also spot on with sparing him. That does literally nothing to the outcome of the final scene. You can't prevent one of them from dying, even if you spare the traitor and they tell you about the ambush. I can at least SOMEWHAT understand Duncan slightly more as the traitor. The implication is that he was reporting on you to stop the Whitehills from being even worse because he's against warmongering, and Royland is totally warmongering. But even that choice makes little sense.

Finn's death was obvious the second he knocks Gared out of the way and begins fighting the Wight. Telltale ALWAYS does this to characters you can choose to take with you (or save, in the case of Ben in S1 Ep4 of Walking Dead). Since they aren't good enough storytellers and/or don't want to waste resources on stuff not everyone will see, those characters often survive for another episode before dying or leaving the story.

I'm with you all the way about feeling that GoT is just, left and right, removing any illusion of choice you might have even THOUGHT you had. I mean, sure, Walking Dead and Wolf Among Us did that, but they weren't nearly as obvious. Margaery will always hate you. No matter what you do. You could kiss Sera's ass the entire game, protecting her at every single turn (as I did since she seemed like Mira's only friend in KL), and she will still leave you in this episode. You could stop Beshka from killing the Master and Dany will STILL not give you any of her forces. I could understand her not doing so if you let Beshka kill him, but she flatout lies to you if you don't and stop the Master's death. That is completely, 100%, out of character for Dany. And even if you don't get the gold from Dany, you still will get the pit fighters regardless. Beshka's choice affects nothing. Having the gold affects nothing. Your choice doesn't matter at all.

Harkening back to my point about Telltale being lazy/not wanting to waste resources, I am 100% certain both the Sentinel and the surviving brother will die in the final episode. Telltale obviously wants to do a GoT season 2, and there's absolutely no way they'd write four separate storylines for the next season if they keep (for me) Asher and Duncan alive by the end. I think you're onto something, the surviving Lord will die, and Mira might come home and become acting Lord (Assuming Ryon dies at some point mainly because I don't give two shits about him). Or somehow Talia will take up that mantle if Mira dies or whatever else. I know the whole hullabaloo about females being Lords, but whatever.

Perhaps the most interesting part was the Tyrion/Cersei dynamic (Once again I find King's Landing, by far and away, the most interesting part of this game), even though I knew for a fact that if I somehow got the information she wanted out of Tyrion, she'd never help me. So once Tyrion flatout asks if Cersei sent me, I just told him everything. And after watching other people's playthroughs where they try to lie and find out, it still doesn't matter. Tyrion calls you out and the guard still admonishes you for screwing up. In the end the choice to lie or not doesn't matter. You didn't get Cersei's information, which I guess was the point since maybe she was just testing you? But even if that was the case, you still fail regardless of if you lie or not. Tyrion sees right through you. Another choice that didn't matter.

I really, really hated that they brought back Ramsay Snow in the end of the last episode and the beginning of this one. Don't get me wrong, I love the character, but it's such a shallow and lazy plot device to force more drama into the story. Making Rodrik and the other Forresters walk around saying how much they're going to, one day, get revenge on the Boltons is a joke. They have to realize the vast, vast majority of the people playing the games have probably, at least, watched the show, if not read the books like myself. And the simple fact is that Ramsay Snow is alive at the end of GoT Season 5 and A Dance With Dragons, both of which end after the current game's timeline. It got to a point where in this episode I was yelling at the game to stop having Rodrik talking about how the Boltons would pay. They aren't going to. 100% guaranteed.

Finally, where the hell was Tom? They were building him up to be an important character and he's entirely absent. How about Gwyn? How about Ryon? No updates on any of them. Why did Elissa Forrester get like 1 line the entire episode when they last four they've shown her to be intimately involved in what was going on. How about Maester Orengryn?

This was VERY clearly the weakest episode thusfar. It felt like they were making an epic conclusion and realized they promised 6 episodes instead of 5, so they chopped off the first third of the finale and shoved it out the door under the guise of a standalone episode.

I couldn't even appreciate the final choice in the end because I saw it coming the second I realized both Asher and Rodrik, each of whom I played as POV characters, were in the same place. And while it was a bit sad, the disappointment of the rest of the episode just really didn't make me care that much. In the end I think the only choice that matter AT ALL was who is alive at the end of the episode. The rest of them either makes no sense, or are just completely out of character for the non-PCs.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-07-27 at 04:30 PM.

So the finale came out.

And I thought it was absolutely TERRIBLE. I legitimately hated 90% of it.

Especially regarding Mira's fate and how no matter what you did, there's only two endings you can get for her. And both are awful.

The north continued to be entirely irrelevant and I've not cared about it since we got there.

The finale was very disappointing, I mean we know what to expect from game of thrones overall but the plot lines were clearly left unresolved which makes me believe there's a second season, it simply cannot end like that and it sucks for Mira you're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

So much for choices mattering and play throughs being shaped by our decisions.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2015-11-18 at 06:48 AM.

They clearly are setting up Season 2.

Too bad I'm not buying it.

You can't not resolve every single storyline. Still absolutely no clue on why the North Grove was ever important. And you're given the option to just totally abandon it and march south.

None of Mira's politicking matter, at all.

Ryon and Talia will always survive in the weirdest way possible. For example, I had Asher survive and chose to ambush. Talia was there when Ludd arrived in the background and then two minutes later he asks where Talia was, and gets suspicious for no reason because she's apparently not there.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I think the difference between the show and the game is that while watching the show, characters are making decisions based on their own accord (The writers, obviously, but you know what I mean), but in the game YOU are making the decisions.

So when the game tries to replicate the show and make 99% of what you choose to do end up screwing you over, you get to a point where you just give up caring.

I literally got to a point at the latter half of the episode where I was considering just turning it off because no matter what I did, the Forresters were always going to be fucked, and no matter what I did the basic course of events will still occur.

Oh and I'm not upset because there was no happy ending. Of course there wouldn't be. I'm upset because no matter what I did, I couldn't change anybody's fate outside of Mira either being dead or being imprisoned for the rest of her life after Morgryn rapes her so he can have heirs.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-11-18 at 08:27 AM.

Well I don't feel sadness nor happiness, I feel nothing. The episode felt rushed, choices meant nothing despite telltale often flaunting that they do. When I played tales from the borderlands I was sad when it was over because it was a great ride, I don't feel anything positive towards that last episode.

Mira either ends up dead or the guys slave and you know just by keeping her alive she'll end up being relegated to a Christa/Omid style situation, making a brief cameo but other than that doing absolutely nothing.

And as you mentioned the north grove has literally no impact on anything nor is it explained, we spent Gareds story in season one, doing nothing, it's so anti climatic and yes I didn't expect a happy ending, there's no such thing in the GoT universe.

It was quite a long wait for the finale to release, I heard they were working on this episode some more to make it even better. Yet other than some rushed storylines and conclusions, this episode suffered from stuff like some lagg with the characters animations. And in some occasions you couldn't hear what the characters were saying, just the English dub that you can enable. I've also noticed stuff like missing objects that people were carrying, in one example when you betray Ludd at the diner, the first sellsword that stabs a Whitehill guard doesn't even hold a sword while its still doing its animations. I'm not sure what they've been doing with their extra time but it sure as hell didn't go to the technical aspect.

My thoughts on each storyline:

Rodrik/Asher: This is the one I was looking forward the most, due to all the differences by which Forrester you decide to save. There are actually quite a lot of chances, the only time it gets almost 100% similiar is near the end when Rodrik/Asher fought the Whitehills at the gate. I like how they handled Beshka, who was being very cynical in Rodriks playtrough and formed an uneasy Alliance with Rodrik. Her ending stays the same regardless of whatever you do, making it extremely possible that she and Ryon return in the next season and she might even be playable.

The one big difference between both playtroughs is how people don't look up to Rodrik as much as Asher. The sellswords didn't even want to fight for him if it wasn't for Asher paying them. And Ludd was actually afraid of Asher, while with Rodrik he didn't hesitate to just attack Ironrath the moment they arrived. I liked having to sneak around Whitehills camp and try to assassinate Ludd/Gryff, I choose to kill Ludd and felt extremely satisfied. There'll always be one of the Whitehills surviving, no matter what you choose. Ashers scenes at the diner were also quite good, especially the Gryff fight. Though his death didn't felt as satisfying with Asher. The final battle was actually quite epic, with Harys the ''final boss'' and losing your mother to him. I found this a pretty strong playtrough for both characters and this episodes highlight.

Gared: Well, Gared finally finds the North Grove... in the very last episode. It was nice to finally see what the North Grove really is, though the new characters felt a bit cliché'd (typical wildlings who don't trust outsiders, even if your filled with prove that you were send). I liked the secret that the new girl kept behind by controlling her warriors. The major choices you had to make were quite obvious to me, I gave Cotter a painless death (after everything he did for me, it was the elast I could give him) and I decided to remain in the North Grove because whatever it holds might be to valuable to lose. A decent storyline but felt kinda rushed.

Mira: The weakest storyline where I wasn't satisfied with how it ended. To start things off, everything you did in the previous episode apparently never happened at nothing was brought back up. But they do however bring up your murder with the Lannister guard and make a huge deal out of it. Morgryn being a betrayer felt like a suprise, but he got off way too easy with his evil deeds while there was nothing I could do to get for a solid ending. At first I refused to marry him and expected someone to save me at the last moment during the execution, yet noone even bothered. I was always 100% nice to coal boy and Sera, having served both margaery and Sera, yet apparently none of that matted at all. You die regardless of what you did in the previous episodes. I then tried the other ending which made me just sad, to see the coal boy executed for saving my life, and having Mira be a slave to Morgryn for the rest of her life. I'd rather choose my ownd eath then.

Overall its only a decent episode that could've been better. Its obviously setting up for a season 2, which they announced that would happen shortly after the episodes release. I'll probably still buy it, but then I want things like the technical issues fixed and making my choices from season 1 actually matter a lot. I do think they get better with the choices as they've shown with the different Rodrik/Asher playtroughs, but it needs to be brought to a higher level.

Extremely disappointed in the final episode. Didn't even know it was released until this morning and it feels like I've been waiting forever.

It feels incomplete, and yes I know its setting up for season 2 but damn. Mira died in my game which sucks. Guess I'll replay another save and see what happens with her..

Worst episode in all the Telltale Games I've played so far (Wolf, Back To The Future, and Borderlands). I always played every episode twice, but this one I really have no urge aside to see if/how Mira lives..