Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Grim of Sac rotation?

Hello there everyone, I recently got my warlock to 90 and headed into SoO after hitting 496 ilvl. I am playing with Grim of Sac and I know its not the optimal way to go about playing. My question however is about the rotation. I read through the guide posted here in the warlock forums and while it is helpful on just about everything you could possibly want to know, it does not specify any change ups to the rotation for Grim of Sac just that "When you use Ember consumers is more important." Is there any change up to how often/frequently you cast chaos bolt and shadow burn?

10+ Year Old Account
    IF you were using them properly before, no, they're just trying to emphasis that casting as many CB's/SB's as possible with int procs/with CD's up is more important with GoSac, since the buff those receive is proportionally larger.

Yeah, I think nothing really changes in destruction using GoSac, but because your finishers hit 20% harder or whatnot, it's more important to manage them well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    Hello there everyone, I recently got my warlock to 90 and headed into SoO after hitting 496 ilvl. I am playing with Grim of Sac and I know its not the optimal way to go about playing. My question however is about the rotation. I read through the guide posted here in the warlock forums and while it is helpful on just about everything you could possibly want to know, it does not specify any change ups to the rotation for Grim of Sac just that "When you use Ember consumers is more important." Is there any change up to how often/frequently you cast chaos bolt and shadow burn?
    A lack of information doesn't necessarily mean it's missing. It just might not be needed.

There's no difference in how you play. You just have to be aware that timing when you use your resources is more important. You'll lose out more if you are bad at timing, and you'll gain more if you're better.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, note that it's basically even on single target now, assuming you're a player who knows when to cast SBurn and CBolt, and when not to.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, thanks for the advice guys.

@Brusalk I am learning when and when not to cast them, still a bit up in the air as to the best moments but I am getting there.

Again thanks for the help and responses guys.

Awesome, thanks for the advice guys.

@Brusalk I am learning when and when not to cast them, still a bit up in the air as to the best moments but I am getting there.

Again thanks for the help and responses guys.
    No problem!

Even I am still learning the best times to cast them, and I'm not sure I ever will have an encounter where I get it 100% right. I just try my best and think about how I could've timed by abilities better by looking at Havoc CDs, ICDs, when I actually casted Consumers, etc. The reason I love Destro is that there is so much complexity in how to execute an encounter.