Thread: LFR Idiocracy

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yes, it really is a problem that a small percentage of the raiding population consider themselves VIP's. Those walls are coming down over time but a large portion of the complaining about Raid Finder from the beginning--even before it was launched--was this. And still is to some extent. "They don't deserve to see raids" is the most obvious form of it these days.
    Rather, it is they don't deserve to see the raid in this easy difficulty. It is like saying Call of Duty should not have an easy mode, but only medium and hard. By then skipping the easy mode, the player will immediately have to start with medium difficulty which provides a more steep learning curve. However since the real challenge is the hard mode, the extra challenge on normal mode is fine. It also gives a different meaning to "I killed Garrosh".

    Consider also that anyone can really get their legendary cape. If you can do it only on normal or heroic (or gasp, only heroic 25 man!!) it means the effort you had to put in getting the reagents is higher which means the reward is higher too. Right now, I have a very easy time getting the cloak on my alts in LFR, while my alts cannot get in Flex groups cause "too low ilvl" which means I have to resort to easy mode which does not drop much if anything, except for reagents.

    There is something to say for both arguments and I suggest all those who have a firm viewpoint to try and understand the other PoV and think outside of the window.

    And in the end this is the system we got now, the one of multiple difficulties for multiple playerbases. LFR is the easiest, and most of those who complain throughout this thread aren't the target base.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  2. #282
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,393
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Rather, it is they don't deserve to see the raid in this easy difficulty. It is like saying Call of Duty should not have an easy mode, but only medium and hard. By then skipping the easy mode, the player will immediately have to start with medium difficulty which provides a more steep learning curve. However since the real challenge is the hard mode, the extra challenge on normal mode is fine. It also gives a different meaning to "I killed Garrosh".

    Consider also that anyone can really get their legendary cape. If you can do it only on normal or heroic (or gasp, only heroic 25 man!!) it means the effort you had to put in getting the reagents is higher which means the reward is higher too. Right now, I have a very easy time getting the cloak on my alts in LFR, while my alts cannot get in Flex groups cause "too low ilvl" which means I have to resort to easy mode which does not drop much if anything, except for reagents.

    There is something to say for both arguments and I suggest all those who have a firm viewpoint to try and understand the other PoV and think outside of the window.

    And in the end this is the system we got now, the one of multiple difficulties for multiple playerbases. LFR is the easiest, and most of those who complain throughout this thread aren't the target base.
    I try to understand and as somebody who raided seriously throughout Vanilla and TBC I feel I can sort of understand it.

    But 99% of the complaints against LFR seem to boil down to "I want to be a special snowflake" in one form or another. They miss people stroking their e-peen in Ironforge and being able to tell scrubs about how cool a boss is that they'll never experience.

    I understand people feel it lacks epicness, and to some extent I can sort of agree, but unless you're in a cutting edge guild that forces you to run it for set bonuses, then it's completely optional.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I try to understand and as somebody who raided seriously throughout Vanilla and TBC I feel I can sort of understand it.

    But 99% of the complaints against LFR seem to boil down to "I want to be a special snowflake" in one form or another. They miss people stroking their e-peen in Ironforge and being able to tell scrubs about how cool a boss is that they'll never experience.

    I understand people feel it lacks epicness, and to some extent I can sort of agree, but unless you're in a cutting edge guild that forces you to run it for set bonuses, then it's completely optional.
    If you are in a cutting edge(HC) guild, most of your gear should already be better than the next tiers LFR gear, for the exception of maybe trinkets or setbonus if you miss like 1 piece. I was in good combination of HC and Normal gear from ToT and the only thing I have ever done in LFR SoO is Immersius to try and get the amp trinket (28 kills 18 bonusrolls shared over 4 difficulties and counting (FML)), stayed for a Protector kill once just for lols. Was there some upgrades in LFR, yes, but I decided to not bother.

    What I personally hate about LFR is that if you dont have gear, it is the only way to get good gear, (Timeless gear really do suck in comparison) to later get into normal/HC raiding. Tier 2 LFR should NOT (IMO) have better gear than Normal Tier 1. So that people that does raid Normal or above should not "need" or "feel forced" to run LFR. I personally loath the whole LFR thing, but since I raided ToT HC, I did not need to run LFR SoO to get better gear.

    I could agree on maybe same ilvl, like equal amount of int on a chestpiece in Tier 2 LFR and Normal Tier 1. There are alot of Normal guilds out there that does not raid heroic, and IMO, they shouldnt be "forced" to do LFR for better gear when their plan is to progress in Normal mode of the same tier. I am fine with Flex ilvl however.

    LFR raiders probably does not agree. But again, IMO its better to screw over LFR raiders with a bit worse gear than make Normal raiders find 14 upgrades in the next tiers LFR.

    That it gives the "same gear" i dont really give a crap about. I have my Heroic tag on my gear, and my Heroic achievments, that is plenty enough for me to feel "special" and should be for the rest aswell.

    Maybe im a bit biased since I have always raided HC and in my head that feels like the norm of raiding (even tho it is far from it). But had I not raided HC and ONLY Normal, I would hate looking at the loottables and see 14 possible upgrades from LFR. Luckily for me in some HC gear, it was just a few pieces I didnt bother to try and get in LFR and waited for Normal or Flex(In the 3-4 weeks ish we ran guild flex) upgrades instead.

  4. #284
    The reagent problem could easily be fixed:

    4% extra chance to drop a reagent on a higher difficulty.

    So say it is 14% on LFR. 18% on Flex. 22% on Normal. 26% on Heroic.

    Higher difficulty, higher reward, and still gives everyone the chance to get their legendary cape.

    It would create an influx of the not-so-overgeared-but-still-geared players in Flex.

    (Number might have to be tweaked to 3 or 5, not sure.)
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaman View Post
    What I personally hate about LFR is that if you dont have gear, it is the only way to get good gear, (Timeless gear really do suck in comparison) to later get into normal/HC raiding. Tier 2 LFR should NOT (IMO) have better gear than Normal Tier 1. So that people that does raid Normal or above should not "need" or "feel forced" to run LFR. I personally loath the whole LFR thing, but since I raided ToT HC, I did not need to run LFR SoO to get better gear.
    Not a bad idea. A simple change that would act as a discouragement for people who does not like LFR but feel the need to do so to supplement their gear.

    I would not make it inferior though, may the same item level as the previous tier. It also remove another item level from the game. It already has too many in my opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •