Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Family guy: brian is coming back?!

I found this article today

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...n-8990714.html

Seems he's coming back!

yeah, it seemed him dying was a PR stunt...ratings were probably down last season, so they probably thought killing him would generate buzz for the show (and lets be honest, it did)

Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    yeah, it seemed him dying was a PR stunt...ratings were probably down last season, so they probably thought killing him would generate buzz for the show (and lets be honest, it did)
    I really didn't like vincent so i'm happy with this!

Deleted
    A nice little PR stunt

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    I really didn't like vincent so i'm happy with this!
    yeah, kill vinnie please

The irony of it all is, Vinnie may have done more damage than help to the show.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    The irony of it all is, Vinnie may have done more damage than help to the show.
    i agree, i had a feeling he just didn't fit in the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Stayfrostee View Post
    Not probably, all the animated shows on Fox have low ratings now. He did it because he wanted to copy the Simpsons who were also killing off a character this season (and ended up with having 2 gone due to a voice actress' death).

Deleted
    It was a stunt designed to hurt the show. Seth has admitted he wants it to end so he can move on to new things. ironicly this will probably just strengthen the shows ratings

15+ Year Old Account
    I always believed they killed him off temporarily just to give MacFarlane some extra time for his new tv-show.

The Family Guy foolproof method for gaining extra viewers:

Step 1. Kill off a beloved character and introduce an intentionally terrible replacement. Sit back and bask in the nerdrage while making statements that the beloved character is truly dead, he's not coming back, etc.

Step 2. Hint at the beloved character's return despite what was stated in step 1. Giggle with glee as your fanpuppets dance.

Step 3. Bring back the beloved character, probably kill off the terrible replacement in a delightfully ironic manner that will be referenced for years to come by the fans.

Step 4. Profit.

It's terribly manipulative genius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a way of gaining extra viewers to be honest, killing Brian is the first step in killing the show.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

I haven't seen the new season of Family Guy. It has just lost it's appeal as it seems Seth's time is being spread thin. Seth's stardom might be dimming... With them quietly canceling the Cleveland Show, and now just cheap ploys to gain viewership for Family Guy is just sad.

Honestly, I would like for Family Guy to end and go out with it's name still in tact. I hope it ending would help Seth start focusing more on film. I really loved Ted, and I wish he could funnel his creative energy into film going forward.
    Last edited by Shadowwolff; 2013-12-09 at 04:08 PM.

I always assumed that his death would lead up to him being like a ghost type character where he appears to give advice or help.

of course. how else is seth gonna spew his liberal doucheness? i mean, i've got some pretty left views. but brian just sounds like a jackass, and the episode with rush limbaugh made his character look ridiculously pathetic.

Did anyone really think Brian wouldn't come back at some point? Ofcourse it was all just a very obvious stunt for more ratings. I'm actually suprised people still watch this show at all

Quote Originally Posted by Wikkr View Post
    It was a stunt designed to hurt the show. Seth has admitted he wants it to end so he can move on to new things. ironicly this will probably just strengthen the shows ratings
    It might be too little too late for pissed off and estranged fans. Why jump through hoops to lower ratings and start anew when you can just announce the series finale? Doing so would hurt your new cause and make fans lose faith in your abilities and motives on account of your whims. I believe he announced that he wants FG to end and suggest hurting the show to save face for declining ratings. People don't hire famous voices to destroy their own projects from the inside.

...People didn't expect this for some reason?

Just replace Arnie with Peter Griffin.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

My interest in Family Guy has kinda waned, and this little stunt hasn't changed that. It is amusing that media still falls for the "Death of Superman" style stunts these days tho, heh.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom