Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

How did your gold making go this year?

Mine went well. I'd never focused on accumulating gold but I had always had "some." I would make it and then mostly spend it.

At the start of 2013 I had 200-300k total distributed around various toons as a result mostly of working hard at crafting during the first 2-3 weeks of the expansion. Around then I decided I would like to get to 1M total (Altoholic) gold. And as of last week I did. I will finish out the year at around 1.1M total.

I'd be happy and interested to chat about it and hear what y'all are up to also.

It was an interesting year for me, very 'spurty', but I did manage to hit 1m on a single toon, so I switched to a new bank toon with the excess as start up funds, lol. I also rerolled onto a high pop server to play in those waters.

Overall, a satisfying year!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elorii View Post
    It was an interesting year for me, very 'spurty', but I did manage to hit 1m on a single toon, so I switched to a new bank toon with the excess as start up funds, lol. I also rerolled onto a high pop server to play in those waters.

Overall, a satisfying year!
    What size is the AH on your "old" realm?

Mine is 7-9k items ... 1k *cough* of which are my listings.

What do you mostly do to make gold? Most (but certainly not all) of my profit comes from reselling, primarily transmog gear and 409-450 blues.

I started this year around 1.1M

I currently have 1.6M onhand.

I rid myself of a lot of gold in various ways. I have every TCG mount and pet, blew 250K on full priest T3 for my mage, etc.

My "gold acquired" stat for the toons on my account added up comes out to about 5.9M, but I've acquired (and spent) over double that if counting gold obtained through the trade window for services or sales.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    sitting on 2.5M, spent over 1.5M only on mounts, started with roughly 1M. let's say 3M and something made

I'm only making 3-5k profit each day, I'll get there eventually.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I never really paid attention to the size of the ah, tbh. It was Drenden, with a realm pop of about 7-9k, if I remember. I did it mainly through enchants, engineering (4 sky golems sold in the first month, 2 crafted, 2 flipped) and early-on crafting. I also had some luck with flips, but not gear as much as mats in markets where it didn't pay to add value through creating. That active shuffle got me about 100k before they nerfed it, too. Never really had much luck for tmog, sales were slow, and I didn't like the long waits. Before mop, I did well with j/c and twink greens, but that died off some, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started the xpack with about 750k and i'm down to about 250k right now thanks to bmah. I changed servers and there is a lot more competition in the new server's ah. I've been thinking about taking a break from wow so I haven't put the time and effort into farming gold i did in the previous expansions.

Deleted
    Think I've made just about 1 million in the last 6 months or so, doing farm on 11 characters, got 7 alchemists, 5 tailors and atleast one of every other profession. Selling anything I can from professions, gems, glyphs, living steels, epic armor from the daily cooldowns on various professions, shoulder enchants, leg enchants, royal satchels, etc etc...

Playing on a server with a completely dead alliance side kinda sucks, but then again I'm not sure a really big server would be any better, unless you wanna sit in stormwind all day, undercutting.

Started with like 10k ended up with making that almost daily .

Goldmaking was a bit slow, currently sitting pretty on 1.3-1.4M and slowly going up. As soon as something intresting pops up on BMAH (like Invicible) i'll be out 1 mill. If anyone sees it on theirs feel free to PM, i'd transfer a guild in a heartbeat

10+ Year Old Account
    300k, up to 1.2 million. Currently on 800k after buying some mounts and BoEs for my alts.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

10+ Year Old Account
    It went pretty ok at the start of the year. Maybe about 600k from 2k. Then I went on a spending spree buying some mounts etc, stopt making or selling stuff and drained my supply to 8k in total atm :-P

Deleted
    up about 4.8 million over this time last year, and spent 999,999g on a mimrons head off BMAH

I still don't understand how some of you guys make so much gold...

I started around 50k, and have accrued upwards of 200k, but that's it.

Started a new account after a 3 year break and made ~600k so far, but I kinda spent it all on BMAH and stuff like that...
    However if I wasn't spending it, I probably wouldn't be making more.

Wasn't really doing serious goldmaking but I decided to set up a rotation of making cloth for bags on two tailors, jard's cds on two engineers for Sky Golems and also the quick daily cd on my BS and LW for epics. Somehow wound up at half a million gold, starting from around 250k, so it actually worked surprisingly well.

P.S. It's probably obvious to everyone but I highly recommend auction addons. I finally got around to downloading auctionator, and only use it in a simple way but my god has it saved a lot of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Can't find exactly how much I had at the start of the year but I vaguely remember having around 300-400k last christmas and am at 2.6M before xmas presents this year. Probably earned around 4-5M this year.

I made so much gold it was disgusting. Once I figured out my alchemist could make primordials for my JC and cut out the middle man, I started pulling it in. Agile Primordials went for 800 at the minimum and thank god the JCs didn't flood the market with em, so the demand was always high.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Killerolav View Post
    Playing on a server with a completely dead alliance side kinda sucks, but then again I'm not sure a really big server would be any better, unless you wanna sit in stormwind all day, undercutting.
    I posted 97 glyphs today, all undercut bar 5 or so within 10-15 minutes. Much fun.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh