Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    And I love outland. Such a sigh of relief once I get past the absolute torment that is 1-58 full of linear, non-challenging questing experience with too much travel time. Outlands is really fun IMO. Then I get to Northrend and hate my life again...
    Only thing that beats Outlands leveling is 80-85 zones. So refreshing
    This has to be a troll.

Mod Edit: Please add something constructive when posting.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2013-12-13 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zia View Post
    Hellfire used to be full of players, all very excited in a new expak rush. World PvP, questing, fel reavers, Shattered Halls that we couldn't zone in, Magtheridon's rumbling voice that we didn't know where it was coming from, new instances ramparts and blood furnace,demons and hellboars and other monstrosities everywhere. It was a blast in the first week of TBC. It served its purpose and now deserves some peace and respect.
    Oh I know, I remember it on launch night, and yes it was exciting to be on another world, but the zone style for me is just one I dislike, I like colourful vibrant zones, hence why those 2 zones don't do it for me :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Might be a bit of nostalgia talking, but I love questing through outland, all you need to do these days is stay queued in the dungeon finder, and quest through hellfire and if you do all of it, I only did 3 quests to ding 65 so I could go to nagrand.

Definitely looking forward to going back, back there in WoD!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Just travelled there again after 3 years and ugh forgot how depressing and dated it is, I remember now why I don't venture outside Nagrand
    I love outlands, love leveling there and I'm quite upset when I have to leave. One of my favorite continents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just travelled there again after 3 years and ugh forgot how depressing and dated it is, I remember now why I don't venture outside Nagrand
    Idk man, I always favoured Zangarmarsh over all the other zones. No other zone is like it...

Every time I see Hellfire my heart drops. I hate the Outland levelling zones. None of them interest me remotely. I prefer the 1-60 zones.

Outland was, and remains one of the worst questing experiences as a whole I've experienced in WoW. The quests are boring, the zones are monochromatic (literally red, blue, green purple zones, etc) and the uninspired, lackluster overarching story was disheartening and made me lose interest.

That said, I know it was their first MMO expansion, and they've been constantly improving on everything since then, so sometimes it's not fair to look back and shit on something. There were a few things that stood out as fun when I did them the first time, like the bombing runs, and of course the Fel Reaver is always fun to be terrified of.

That said, I am absolutely looking forward to Draenor. I loved it in Warcraft 2, and I love the concepts they've done of it thus far.

10+ Year Old Account
    To each their own. I've detested Hellfire, Blade's Edge and Shadowmoon Valley since TBCs release. I've absolutely loved Zangarmarsh, Nagrand, Terokkar and Netherstorm, however. Dated? Sure - that's what happens when time passes over a number of years. Weird, I know.

I just liked how varied the zones were. Instead of traveling from a forest to plains to another forest to mountains to more plains to evil plains to more plains (Jade -> Four Winds -> Krasa-> Kun'Lai -> Townlong -> Wastes -> Eternal Blossoms) you go from red desert to marsh to forest to plains to mountains to mana wastes to volcanic wasteland (Hellfire -> Zanga -> Terokkar -> Nagrand -> Blade's Edge -> Netherstorm -> Shadowmoon) - it's just so much more variation. WotLK's the same - sure, the overall map looks somewhat akin to a patchwork quilt, but at least it provides variation in zones, instead of a few different shades of green/brown.

Hoping WoDs map's somewhat similar. Huge difference between each separate zone. Really give each zone a completely unique feel.

Deleted
    Nagrand is a horrible zone. Too brightly coloured

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phan View Post
    Nagrand is a horrible zone. Too brightly coloured
    Agreed, that grass and those rocks are absurdly bright. Them greens and browns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Outlands how it is now. I loved it then too.

But I'll agree to disagree. Also, yes, you should get twitter or FB or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outland is depressing indeed. Farming netherwing eggs now... I tried to farm them in Cataclysm, but gave up multiple times. A few days ago I decided to head over to Shadowmoon Valley again, did my netherwing quests and dailies... found about a dozen netherwing eggs in like 2 days. Got revered in like 4 days... it is fucking terrible. Still need about 18k rep for exalted. Never played TBC, but now I understand how those people must've felt back in the good ol' days.

Normally I only venture into Outland like once a week when I farm ashes of al'ar. Once I am done with those netherwing dudes, I will only go to Outland for the ashes of al'ar.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

I dunno, the only 2 zones that really made me feel a bit blergh were Hellfire and Blades Edge
    Personally, i love Hellfire Peninsula. I love the look and feel of the zone, and mixed in with the music i can literally get shivers. I loved the look of Blades Edge, but i absolutely hate questing there.

I'm not a fan of Outland either. Sure, the flora is peculiar and varies quite a bit. A bit too much even. The claycup huts of the Mag'har also sadden me and I generally don't like the lore of TBC besides blood elf content.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Each to their own I guess, all of outlands is still the best and most memorable place to re-visit, dated =/= bad or depressing --- But unfortunately that does seem to be the way general society is swinging.

And I think you just think because it isn't bright like Nagrand (which was largely un-harmed in the tearing of Draenor) and doesn't have the dark remnants of said tearing in the atmosphere -- I don't see where you get your dated logic relative to any outland zone to the beloved Nagrand.

Either way, you've just got me in the mood to go visit the beautiful Outlands

The questing archetype / style / overarching story of going to different panda village, and helping them with "One who must fight his own demons" the same boring repeating "penny drop" was over used chaotically throughout the whole expansion, up until the very last boss --

But Pandaria was largely, brighter, so therefore must be better Each to their own

Going back to a fully realised Draenor is just what Warcraft needed, I'm glad to be back, see you soon Durotan/ Ner'zhul/ Guldan
    Last edited by Ellihs; 2013-12-13 at 09:54 AM.

Nagrand and the forest portion of Terokkar are bleh. Rest of the map is gorgeous and with desolate and brutal zones (visually) such as Blade's Edge it's joy to play through every time. Too bad that experience is always over long before it really gets started so bleh.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf ? leveling in outland is like the best leveling experience ever , you can grab quests in bulks and go do them in the order you want, every zone is different and unique, how can you hate it? northrend is a drag tho, linear as fck , zones look blunt and almost the same with the exception of sholazar basin. cata questing is fine exept CLICKING ON THOSE FCKIN SQUIRRELS wtf blizz...

Deleted
    Well look at MoP. Imo the only zones that were any fun in Pandaria are Jade Forest (best zone EVER) and Valley of Four Winds. Aside from those, the qeusting in Krasarang, Townlong Steppes and especially Dread Wastes was atrocious, worse then any Outland zone ever. Kun Lai Summit was only getting better near the end, but still not fun imo.

Personally I think qeust designs yes are outdated, but Outland zones themselves are still quite fun imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    wtf ? leveling in outland is like the best leveling experience ever , you can grab quests in bulks and go do them in the order you want, every zone is different and unique, how can you hate it? northrend is a drag tho, linear as fck , zones look blunt and almost the same with the exception of sholazar basin. cata questing is fine exept CLICKING ON THOSE FCKIN SQUIRRELS wtf blizz...
    I'm not a big fan of Cata as an expansion, but man oh man, qeusting in Vashj'ir was one of a kind experience. I don't think we'l ever see such awesome adventure in WoW ever again. I was quite dissapointed by community feedback and Hyjal just being that much more populair it sent a direct message to the devs. But oh well, thats democracy for ya xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I only liked Nagrand in TBC, hated levelling everywhere else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    This has to be a troll.
    It doesn't really. I see a lot of people complaining about Outlands here but the truth is Outlands is super mega awesome opposum ultra fast compared to any other expansion. I've seen someone write you get through Outlands in 2-3hours which is BS but I get over Outlands in 2 days every time by playing about 5 hours each day.

There are a lot of dungeons which equal a lot of dungeon quests, the dungeons are pretty big or small so you either clear really fast or you get a hefty amount of xp. Dungeon queues are pretty fast for some reason, even as a DPS you have to wait about 5-10min max.

I usually reach 70 in Terokar forrest because in Outlands for the reasons above I only quest when I wait for dungeon queues and it works like a charm. I wish they did so in Wrath aswell because those 10 levels are imo the slowest ingame and it's interesting to see so many people thinking otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Paincake View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Cata as an expansion, but man oh man, qeusting in Vashj'ir was one of a kind experience. I don't think we'l ever see such awesome adventure in WoW ever again. I was quite dissapointed by community feedback and Hyjal just being that much more populair it sent a direct message to the devs. But oh well, thats democracy for ya xD
    Vashj'ir was pretty cool but the devs stabbed that idea to death by not developing a good underwater gameplay. This game gets completely out of control once it involves something underwater or in the air like the wind boss in Cata and so it just isn't playable long term. I wish they did something about it and we could experience more stuff like that.
    Last edited by mmoc89cd2727d7; 2013-12-13 at 10:22 AM.