Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    If you end up having to soak a malice taking multiple stacks (I have a certain malice that specifically requires me to do this) its also impossible to survive it without sac pact.
    Not true. Our strat calls for the warlocks to soak a 4 stack of malice while assuming no heals from a healer (we usually get some, but assumption is that we won't). with Dark Bargain this is not an issue.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JV Chequer View Post
    Don't be an asshole with your raid members, in a good core you need sometimes swallow your pride - like in sha of pride - and let ppl help u.
    Guys, I'm not saying it in a negative way. I'm not being an asshole to anybody in my raid. I'm simply saying that I'd much rather put my disc in a position where he can just focus on hitting the boss so we can just get past the P1 check as fast as we can. I'm feeling that I should just be able to solo the engineer to allow that extra damage on the boss, that's all.

If I felt I needed the help a long time ago, I would've done that already, and I don't make a post. I'm capable of putting out 4 million on the engineer, it's just useless if the cast finishes as the 4 million happens. So I came to the forums to this thread, made a post for suggestions, brusalk gave me some great ones to try and I'm going to. A lot of my attempts were without any sort of cooldowns outside of engy gloves, so if I really wanted to, I'll just make an adjustment so it's not an issue and have a cd always running, or brusalk's suggestion to me will work, or I send my disc with me for one of them. One thing I'm not mentioning is that while being on engineers, I had the timing down on some pulls where I was still logging anywhere from 13 million to 20 million on garrosh (much more often on the lower) in phase 1 anyways, so if I have to take some of that away, I will.

But when I say pride, I mean what makes logical sense for where the damage should belong from each player. That's it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    half of 700k is still 350k to the entire raid, far from unnoticeable. This is made worse by how efficiently your guild is at getting through the phase. The faster you do it the more hits of annihilate you take which can get really sketchy.
    You need to rush for the first one. We push DPS as much as we can in the second phase so we can take our time in the second intermission. It's possible but not really a huge deal to deal with empowered MCs, so we just make sure everybody has the buff in the second intermission and engage once everyone gets them. It's different in the first intermission because you obviously don't have much time and dealing with empowered whirling corruption is basically a wipe that early.

We save raid CDs as much as possible in the first phase and make sure people have all of their defensive CDs up for the first intermission. Our raid composition isn't very good as far as cleave goes, nor AoE stuns so our first intermission isn't all that good (true for a lot of 10 man guilds). We can't reliably wait for everybody to get the buff, and have brute forced through it with 9-10 annihilates with like 5-6 people missing the buff. Don't need raid CDs or big defensive CDs at all in the second phase following the first intermission, so we just go for speed in the first intermission and 'try' to get the 50% DR on the more 'squishy' classes. This got us more attempts on the boss ultimately.

It's annoying when the majority of the 50% DR buffs in the first intermission are in the middle pack. But yeah, if you have enough DPS we just have a very long second intermission and only get like 3-5 annihilates because he won't start casting until you actually hit him.

I really can't figure out why people are trying to argue against a no cost solution to not taking damage for 6 annihlates. I know all these things tojara and practice them in raid, doesn't stop me from minimizing damage taken on myself where I can. also any time spent not dpsing the boss in any intermission is damage lost going into the next phase. The time in an intermission is fixed, so if you hang out for an extra 10s to stabilize things you *are* doing it at the cost of 10s of dps on the boss.

Hell I even make it easier on other raid members by intentionally not getting the buff in the 2nd intermission since those things are buggy as hell and just cooldown in conjunction with the raid cd's and take no damage for 6 annihlates.

Really don't get why me telling someone how to not take damage during an intermission at no cost to the main phases or anything else for that matter calls for paragraphs about obvious things that don't refute *not taking damage during an intermission because why wouldn't you*

From a 25 man perspective, making a destro lock do engineers seems pretty ridiculous. You don't send your top damage to do a bitch job when you can send other classes like rogues/spriests/hunters.

Offering my perspective on soloing engineers...
    Firstly run AD...

1st engineer: I pop ds in the normal opening -> fnb immo -> (fnb incins) -> 1 fnb conflag -> gateway to engineer
    DS and possibly some buffs will be up and 2x chaos bolts should easily kill it (shadowburn if not)
    (I don't use synapse here)

2nd engineer: If you're having trouble with this engineer you can pop ds for an easy kill but I save ds for the intermission so synapse + 2x conflags + 2x chaos bolts + incins/fel flames and shadowburn will leave you with 1-3 seconds to spare. Make sure you have 2x conflags or you'll probably fail without ds (Bring a disc if you're not confident)

If you want to be even safer while saving a ds for the intermission, you can easily kill the first one without ds with opener buffs but you'll be holding 2 ds charges for a minute.
    Last edited by Delequoi; 2013-12-29 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathral2 View Post
    Guys, I'm not saying it in a negative way. I'm not being an asshole to anybody in my raid. I'm simply saying that I'd much rather put my disc in a position where he can just focus on hitting the boss so we can just get past the P1 check as fast as we can. I'm feeling that I should just be able to solo the engineer to allow that extra damage on the boss, that's all.

If I felt I needed the help a long time ago, I would've done that already, and I don't make a post. I'm capable of putting out 4 million on the engineer, it's just useless if the cast finishes as the 4 million happens. So I came to the forums to this thread, made a post for suggestions, brusalk gave me some great ones to try and I'm going to. A lot of my attempts were without any sort of cooldowns outside of engy gloves, so if I really wanted to, I'll just make an adjustment so it's not an issue and have a cd always running, or brusalk's suggestion to me will work, or I send my disc with me for one of them. One thing I'm not mentioning is that while being on engineers, I had the timing down on some pulls where I was still logging anywhere from 13 million to 20 million on garrosh (much more often on the lower) in phase 1 anyways, so if I have to take some of that away, I will.

But when I say pride, I mean what makes logical sense for where the damage should belong from each player. That's it.
    Vathral and pride, what? Don't believe it
    Vathral being an asshole to his raiders? Nope can't believe that one either

Good luck on Garrosh hunting for those still out there, WTB more 10 man US kills

infracted for minor spam
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-12-31 at 05:11 PM.

Just dropping a reminder that personal stuff that brings nothing to a discussion, is best left out of a discussion. If you have anything you wish to take up with another forum user, do so via the PM system we have.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud