Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[MANHWA] Tower of God

Tower of god is about a boy who has spent all his life trapped in a cave - like he belonged there. Until a girl finds him and she becomes his best friend. One day she tells him she won't be coming back because she is going to climb a tower, and if you climb to the top you can get anything you ever wanted.

He leaves the cave and chases after her and climbs the tower to try and find her.

This has to be my favorite manga period next to the 7 seeds. It starts off a little slow but once the supporting characters come in it is amazing and when part 2 started it was a breathe of fresh while sticking to the characters.
    Last edited by zito; 2014-02-18 at 04:32 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

hmm might check it out, will post later if i started reading
    Be passionate about the craft, achievements, events and community.
    But do not worship the machine, pedestal nor system.
    You cannot afford to be blind, for yourself and others.

OH MY GOD YOU DID IT. Well I said to in the Noblesse thread.

I'll make this thread. Well all I need is one more person lol.

Btw you don't really get a wish if you climb the tower, that's kind of poor wording that could lead to a misconception. It's more like that at the top of the tower, anything a person could want exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I like the concept, might have to pick this badboy up, how many chapters are out and how long is it expected to run?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like something along the lines that "Tower of Druaga" worked along. Might give this a read, though!

Deleted
    This manga is so brilliant.
    Has some of the most enormous plot twists in anything i've read/seen ever.
    10/10 would recommend.

It's a manwha not a manga.

It has likeeee 150 or so chapters out right now. Each season is 80 chapters ish apparently and apparently the author said there will be 5-6 seasons.

Guys I have to tell you though, it's not just about reading the chapters. The author has a blog where he has an "afterward" about the chapter he writes explaining things a little and talking about where the plot is going.

The other thing is that the universe is HUGE. Imagine the detail of the amount of people in the One Piece story, but times five, and the size of the tower is 134 floors. So the author has some blog posts about certain characters and it makes it so fucking fun to read and interact with the stories themselves. He even has "gossips" about certain things, quick 1-2 lines things for fun. Example: "character x buys clothes for character y, much to character y's embarrassment."

Long story short, you have to read more than just the chapters to get the full experience, but it's so good.

This sounds cool, is it animated?

Animated? Nah. I heard it has it's own Korean RPG game or something like an MMO.

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detai...=1&weekday=mon

There's a link to the...prechapter just so anyone can see the art. (Fuck with me for posting links moderators, I dare you.) Comic gets released on naver website, it's not like a manga where a weekly book is published, so it's easy to see and spoilers are easy...but it's in Korean lol. (The art gets a lot better btw.)

ACTUALLY ACTUALLY I'm gonna do you guys one better.

http://comic.naver.com/en/list.html?titleId=183559

There is an official english translation for it. I'm not gonna lie, the translation is shitty compared to what manga websites do so ehhhh. Just check it out. (Once again, that's an official link, I dare a moderator to try to infract me.)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh forgot to say the english translation only goes to like chapter 12. It's just to test how the english people like ToG I guess.

Oh man, I'm glad there's a thread about this manhwa, it's very good. I randomly stumbled across it on a manga site because it was showing good reviews...ended up reading the first 20 chapters in one sitting. It starts a little slow but man does it get awesome. I definitely prefer it to most of the stuff out right now, with Berserk/Claymore being the other good offerings in the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Oh forgot to say the english translation only goes to like chapter 12. It's just to test how the english people like ToG I guess.
    Mangapanda has it translated all the way up to the current chapter. Read it all I say!
    Last edited by Notos; 2014-02-16 at 10:26 PM.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Started reading it a while ago, not far in but it is interesting. But damn it is long:P Need to get back reading it because it does seem really interesting

Lol Notos...do you know who you're talking too.

1. Ya of course I'm updated to latest chapter, Tower of God is the meaning of my life.
    2. Mangapanda doesn't translate anything, it's mangacow and batoto that do the actual translations.

Just saying. I read latest chapter and woah, I'm about to have a new signature.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's a great manhwa indeed.

Been reading it for a bit over a year now, myself.

I highly recommend it! Good story, good characters and very decent art, whats there not to like?

EDIT: Actually started re-reading it and noticed all the authors extra-lore-stuff at the ends of some chapters. Really interesting. I've also noticed a lot of stuff I missed on my first read-through... Started re-reading 2 days ago and currently just starting on the Workshop-battle part.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2014-02-18 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Lol Notos...do you know who you're talking too.

1. Ya of course I'm updated to latest chapter, Tower of God is the meaning of my life.
    2. Mangapanda doesn't translate anything, it's mangacow and batoto that do the actual translations.

Just saying. I read latest chapter and woah, I'm about to have a new signature.
    Hehe I'm not here often so truth be told I have no idea but I love the hell out of it too!

And sorry, I didn't mean to say that mangapanda itself translated them, just that they have the chapters up which are translated and for whatever reason that's where I do my reading.

And finally...I want to see the fully awakened thorn (spoiler I guess?) like right meow, but I have a feeling that's going to be put off for a more important fight.

Baam kind of has to use it since Reflejo is basically a B rank regular.

I dunno, so far it has just been reacting to his shinsoo, and of course he doesn't know how to ignite it. Considering the purpose of the thorn it seems a little early to hand its full power over to Baam.

If he has the full Thorn powers then I expect him to be killing some guardians so...ya. It's too overpowered for him to use right now on a B rank regular. In fact, I think even the upgrade to his Shinshoo is too much to be using. Koon and Baam are probably top 10 overall E rank regulars, and Rak is probably top 25. Koon is a genius lightbearer from the 10 families and Baam is a fucking irregular that's copied dozens of moves. The 3 of them should be able to take on one B rank regular without Baam's shinshoo upgrade.

Glad to see there are other who are enjoying this manhwa. I started to read it since it still had around 40 chapters, and it kept me up until this moment. I'm not a big manga fan, but I can honestly say that this was the igniter of manga reading for me! Before that, I didn't pay any attention to mangas at all.

Updated title to Manhwa

:P
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    Glad to see there are other who are enjoying this manhwa. I started to read it since it still had around 40 chapters, and it kept me up until this moment. I'm not a big manga fan, but I can honestly say that this was the igniter of manga reading for me! Before that, I didn't pay any attention to mangas at all.
    I'd say this is pretty different than your average Japanese manga, which is why you may be enjoying it more. There are a lot of cultural tropes that manga make use of which are missing here (because it's Korean and not Japanese), which makes it a breath of fresh air to some degree.