Thread: Blood Avoidance

Blood Avoidance

Pretty short and simple question. I have not gone avoidance in a long time. What stats are Blood DK's gemming and reforging for it? Going to try it for Heroic Seigecrafter. He is trucking me and since Blood Shield doesn't effect Magic damage (cause we eat and keep the stacks on Heroic) I don't need to gem or reforge into Mastery.
    Last edited by skmage; 2013-12-09 at 09:10 PM.

Deleted
    I would be going

hit/exp to 7.5%
    mastery to 215% buffed
    parry

I go for a full avoidance build (Hit/Exp > Parry > Dodge > Mastery). Currently sitting around 130% mastery unbuffed.

The advantages of this build can be found in various threads, but what it comes down to is Riposte and RP generation through Scent of Blood.

If you are re-gearing specifically for Blackfuse and if burst magic damage is too high, consider more stamina where available. You can also use spellshattering if really necessary. As usual, though, I think the best tool for magic damage is AMS.

However, even though there may be big magic hits, there is still a lot of physical damage. Blood Shield may not block magic damage, but it still reacts to magic damage and gives you better absorption versus the physical aspects of the fight. Autoattacks will still be a good chunk of the boss's damage, especially when frenzied.

That being said, if you want to gear for avoidance, it seems that presently the better avoidance stat is Parry, and you should still hit/exp softcap first. If possible, reforge dodge into parry and never reforge into dodge when you can reforge into parry instead.

From other threads:

Avoidance is more attractive now because you get 1.75x returns from dodge/parry rating, due to Riposte- 100% as EHP/avoidance, and another 75% as dps/crit.
    Balancing Dodge and Parry rating technically gives the best total avoidance %, but Parry is currently superior to Dodge (usually) because of Scent of Blood and parry haste. Therefore, the minor diminished effect of imbalanced parry to dodge is more than offset by the extra benefits of higher parry.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more damage the better, and the only way you're getting that is with riposte. The changes to pets/guardians that allow them to be buffed by the debuff does help though, so it's not as bad as it was.

Basically if you can, killing your shredder before the 4th AoE attack will make it a lot easier on your healers.

Just expertise (soft) and hit cap. Blow your load on parry > dodge > then whatever.

I'm seeing targets for mastery being reccomended between 180-225% ish when fully buffed.

If I want to set up a reforge template in say reforge lite what number of mastery would that translate to unbuffed approx?

I could then set a profile to go for hit/exp cap then mastery to a comfy level then parry

Quote Originally Posted by myeviltwin View Post
    I'm seeing targets for mastery being reccomended between 180-225% ish when fully buffed.

If I want to set up a reforge template in say reforge lite what number of mastery would that translate to unbuffed approx?

I could then set a profile to go for hit/exp cap then mastery to a comfy level then parry
    150% unbuffed Mastery is 181.25 buffed.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

for siegecrafter you absolutely want avoidance > mastery because of the increased dmg you need on the shredders, youre basically a dps on that fight

if the bosses magic attack is hitting you hard neither will help, only more stamina