5.4.2. Mage-Only Fishing Raft!

Somehow I missed this in the patch notes, and haven't seen anyone here point it out yet.

Who needs green fire when you have this beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebs View Post
    Somehow I missed this in the patch notes, and haven't seen anyone here point it out yet.

Who needs green fire when you have this beauty.
    That is....sorta stupid....dont see the point in taking an item and making an almost exact copy of the item, but only for a single class.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracbane View Post
    That is....sorta stupid....dont see the point in taking an item and making an almost exact copy of the item, but only for a single class.
    not stupid at all, always nice to have some fun additions added to the game
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    not stupid at all, always nice to have some fun additions added to the game
    It's a cosmetic redundancy... eh, I'm okay with it, but I'm also in one of those camps of "Blizz spent time working on X, when they could have been working on Y?"... this is definitely an X type of issue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    It's a cosmetic redundancy... eh, I'm okay with it, but I'm also in one of those camps of "Blizz spent time working on X, when they could have been working on Y?"... this is definitely an X type of issue.
    I doubt this took them any time to make at all

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL this is awesome.

It's little flavoured titbits like this that makes an RPG an RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromelter View Post
    Sure, suck out all of the fun from the game. >.>

Why bother with character models? Different coloured cubes would work just as well.

Everything should be purely functional and "dry".

Quote Originally Posted by Fiscality View Post
    I doubt this took them any time to make at all
    It's just a simple model swap. All the "code" powering it has already been written for the Fishing Raft and I don't think that piece of ice took all that much time to model give a 3 year old could probably knock out something similar in 3D Max under 5 mins.

Thats cool, although my only char that is exalted (or even revered there) is my mage.

The name obviously is a reference to Bibi Blocksberg, a well-known audio theatre series in Germany. I was not aware it is known beyond Germany's borders.

yay -.-

Redesign the Specs AND the Visuals - thats what we need and want

Have some fun and cast both the raft and ice at the same time and watch your Mage freak out on the water.

To clarify, when you cast both, the buffs (at the moment) start competing against each other, so the ice cast keeps going off and your Mage looks like he's having a small stroke standing up.

Warning: this thing is MUCH slower than the raft - if the wowhead comment is to be believed, it tops out at 144% movement speed vs 270% for the raft.

I bought one and retired it after about 30 seconds of testing. No sellback allowed either - purchase at your own risk

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glorious icebergs. We've always wanted path of frost for ourselves, we sorta got it.

Looks bugged, though. It reads the same as the raft, I can't imagine it's supposed to cap out at 130% without boot enchant. Give it a week and see if it gets hotfixed.
    Last edited by Kuni Zyrekai; 2013-12-11 at 09:54 AM.

Deleted
    Looks awesome!

I tried it out last night as well, and it did seem a lot slower than the normal raft. I thought this was due to the fact that it's a different model or something, such as when you use something to increase your character's size and you seem to be running slower, when, in fact, you're running at the same exact speed. However, seeing as other people have noticed it as well, it seems that it is actually slower. Hopefully it's just a bug and will be hot-fixed within a reasonable time.