H Dark Shaman 10 recommended strat?

We're 6/14H, going straight to Shaman tomorrow using an extended lockout, was just wondering what the recommended split was using the 3 tank strategy? I remember seeing a thread with a ton of suggestions, but I couldn't find it. I remember people stating that the strat they used made the boss anywhere from easier than Heroic Immerseus to still the hardest of the first 8.

Our likely comp:

Resto Druid
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest

Ret Paladin
    Mage
    Hunter
    Warlock

Prot Warrior
    Blood DK x 2 (one of these will be tanking in reforged DPS gear but has a ton of tanking experience)

Our average ilvl is 564 ish. Every other boss kill has taken us under a night of attempts, hoping to keep that rolling.

Thanks in advance!

Disc priest on bottom with Blood DK
    Holy paladin/Resto druid on top with Prot warrior and Blood DK

Disc trivializes the Iron Prison, and Blood DK is very self-sustainable and can rotate CDs very easily at bottom. In fact, we used this exact set up, just swapping the DK with a monk at top.

Put all the range at bottom obviously. I'm unsure where to put the Ret Paladin, since we used an all range comp. I'd imagine you'd put it at top though. Hand of Purity for the DoT on the healers would be immensely helpful.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2013-12-10 at 12:00 AM.

As above but I'd put the hunter and lock down there too.

Lock can do his shield thingy every min to negate the prison debuff expiring and the hunter can deterrence a lot of them. While its possible just to kite the adds about we dealt with it by having some ranged downstairs just to kill them. Locks and hunters also excel at slowing / stunning the adds.

The real key to this fight is having the boss hit 50% at the correct time. This is when they cast falling ash and iirc its a 15 sec "cast" before it hits. You need to stagger this and the iron prisons or you're likely fucked. If they sync its prison dealing 100% health less CD's less absorbs and then falling ash dealing ~350k damage. Staggering them gives you time to heal people back up.

Just put two tanks and one non-disc healer up with the male shaman. Adding more people up there greatly increases the healing requirements and doesn't really buy you anything. Have one tank, the disc priest, and the rest of the raid down with the female shaman and just move around the room so you have space to put the storms and spawn blobs. I'd drop to two healers if you can; you don't need three and killing the fight faster with more DPS makes it way easier.

We killed it like this in 4 attempts at like 3am with everyone half asleep. It makes the fight really easy.

We had some attempts on this last week, and I think 8/2 is the easiest way to go, especially if you have 2+ melee. Basically, you put everyone up top with Haromm, and have 1 tank and healer downstairs with Kardris, kiting him and the slimes around. You can use any tank for this, as the slimes are very slow, but your warrior is probably the best due to mobility. Also, the warrior can spell reflect on cooldown to mitigate the Frostbolts that Kardris casts, and save mass-spell reflect if/when the Frostbolt coincides with Iron Prison. With the healers you have, you can pretty much put any of them on the bottom. The Disc and paladin can use absorbs for Iron Prison, and the Resto should have barkskin/ironbark to use on himself and the tank for it.

Having all of the DPS up top increases overall DPS as they don't have to worry about slimes and there is generally very little movement required up there.

Possibly will 2 heal it, but both non disc healers are melee DPS offspec.
    Have an ele shaman too but he's not around this week unfortunately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    We're 6/14H, going straight to Shaman tomorrow using an extended lockout, was just wondering what the recommended split was using the 3 tank strategy? I remember seeing a thread with a ton of suggestions, but I couldn't find it. I remember people stating that the strat they used made the boss anywhere from easier than Heroic Immerseus to still the hardest of the first 8.

Our likely comp:

Resto Druid
    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest

Ret Paladin
    Mage
    Hunter
    Warlock

Prot Warrior
    Blood DK x 2 (one of these will be tanking in reforged DPS gear but has a ton of tanking experience)

Our average ilvl is 564 ish. Every other boss kill has taken us under a night of attempts, hoping to keep that rolling.

Thanks in advance!
    May I ask two questions?

1: Why, if you have three healers are you skipping iron juggernaught?

2: Why, if you have killed all other bosses in one night of progress are you extending the lockout for a boss midway through the instance? Everything shoul be a one shot to there.

OT you have same healing comp as us. We have our paladin and priest healers on tank duty and our druid down bottom. This has changed three times since our first kill though. Our first kill we two healed it (with our rogue using his dk alt) with our drood tank healing and pala raid healing. Then once we had the kill our warrior took over as 3rd tank and because he was undergeared we changed to to 3 heals (with drood and priest doing tank heals) and now we do it as I first mentioned.

I tell you all this to show that you can pretty much do it any way you like as long as your raid healer is capable of throwing out externals to people with prison who may have already used their personals.

This fight is incredibly easy when 3 tanking. I believe we've had around 20 wipes total on this boss including progress

So our split is 6/4 with the 4 man team taking iron tomb guy up the ramp and our 6 man team taking iron prison guy in the main area.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nebs View Post
    We had some attempts on this last week, and I think 8/2 is the easiest way to go, especially if you have 2+ melee. Basically, you put everyone up top with Haromm, and have 1 tank and healer downstairs with Kardris, kiting him and the slimes around. You can use any tank for this, as the slimes are very slow, but your warrior is probably the best due to mobility. Also, the warrior can spell reflect on cooldown to mitigate the Frostbolts that Kardris casts, and save mass-spell reflect if/when the Frostbolt coincides with Iron Prison. With the healers you have, you can pretty much put any of them on the bottom. The Disc and paladin can use absorbs for Iron Prison, and the Resto should have barkskin/ironbark to use on himself and the tank for it.

Having all of the DPS up top increases overall DPS as they don't have to worry about slimes and there is generally very little movement required up there.
    So you have eight people on the ramp having to deal with the ashen wall? That sounds like a real ball ache
    Last edited by mmocf1f1b25833; 2013-12-10 at 05:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Disc priest on bottom with Blood DK
    Holy paladin/Resto druid on top with Prot warrior and Blood DK

Disc trivializes the Iron Prison, and Blood DK is very self-sustainable and can rotate CDs very easily at bottom. In fact, we used this exact set up, just swapping the DK with a monk at top.

Put all the range at bottom obviously. I'm unsure where to put the Ret Paladin, since we used an all range comp. I'd imagine you'd put it at top though. Hand of Purity for the DoT on the healers would be immensely helpful.
    Pretty much this. The ret would indeed go up top (we had a rogue, and I imagine a pallies utility up there would be much appreciated). We had a holy paladin on bottom and resto druid up top, but Disc on bottom and 2 healers up top is a far superior setup for survivability. I will say though, the amount of extra time this fight takes using 3 healers ups the difficulty a pretty good amount. It leads to quite a few more falling ashes during a time where your solo bottom healer could very well be struggling for mana and cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    May I ask two questions?

1: Why, if you have three healers are you skipping iron juggernaught?
    We've killed Juggernaut. We've been going in order.

2: Why, if you have killed all other bosses in one night of progress are you extending the lockout for a boss midway through the instance? Everything shoul be a one shot to there.
    We only raid 6 hours a week and haven't been one shotting much of anything on farm. Farm usually takes us a little too long, for a variety of reasons. If we had another raid night to push us to 9 hours a week we wouldn't even consider extending, but we don't. Want to focus on progression and possibly get both Shaman and Nazgrim down this week, then go back to farming the week after.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, thanks for your help everyone. Still not certain what strat we'll be using, but I'm the Disc healer and I doubt I'll have trouble healing through the damage. I'd consider 2 healing but again, would just mean we're adding a melee. We'll see how the attempts go, I suppose.

We only raid 6 hours a week and haven't been one shotting much of anything on farm. Farm usually takes us a little too long, for a variety of reasons. If we had another raid night to push us to 9 hours a week we wouldn't even consider extending, but we don't. Want to focus on progression and possibly get both Shaman and Nazgrim down this week, then go back to farming the week after.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, thanks for your help everyone. Still not certain what strat we'll be using, but I'm the Disc healer and I doubt I'll have trouble healing through the damage. I'd consider 2 healing but again, would just mean we're adding a melee. We'll see how the attempts go, I suppose.
    Speaking from recent experience, that extra week (or two) of heroic gear for your raid helps quite a lot more than bashing your face in to the lockout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Send Disco+Tanky DK with all the ranged at bottom, the DPS geared DK with the Warrior and melees/2 other healers up top. Both ends have to learn to deal with the heroic mechanics but as other people said Disco kinda trivializes Kardris' hc mechanic. We even tried 2 tanks normal tactic once.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Speaking from recent experience, that extra week (or two) of heroic gear for your raid helps quite a lot more than bashing your face in to the lockout.
    I agree to an extent but with our schedule we'll be left with 3 hours or less for progression if we don't have an efficient farm night.
    We don't extend often, this will be the first time we've done so since we started Heroics.

I agree to an extent but with our schedule we'll be left with 3 hours or less for progression if we don't have an efficient farm night.
    We don't extend often, this will be the first time we've done so since we started Heroics.
    The problem is you're really going to want all the gear you can get for Malkorok and onwards, where you will actually need to extend lockouts occasionnally to be able to progress on your schedule.

Also, with your schedule, it would've been better to do Nazgrim before shamans as it's trivial to get down in <10 pulls.

Deleted
    We raid similar hours and sometimes you just have to extend to get a good block of attempts on a boss, otherwise, even with a pretty good clear you are only looking at one progress night. Ilvls for most guilds who have killed a few heroics each week are up around 565 - 570 which is plenty to kill up to thok. (we got there with 565 average) A farm every 2 weeks strategy is almost essential when you raid so little.

In answer to yr question, disc at bottom is amazing. Other 2 healers, 2 tanks + pal upstairs. Rest down. Make sure to call ashen bombs for top group, rest is pretty easy

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    The problem is you're really going to want all the gear you can get for Malkorok and onwards, where you will actually need to extend lockouts occasionnally to be able to progress on your schedule.

Also, with your schedule, it would've been better to do Nazgrim before shamans as it's trivial to get down in <10 pulls.
    Considered doing Nazgrim first, but last time we didn't go in order was doing Galakras before Sha of Pride because most considered Sha harder, but for some reason Sha went down in far fewer pulls (something like 8 vs 22).

Not too worried about gear.. we have a lot of time left. If we're to kill H Garrosh (which honestly on our schedule not expecting to) a few extended lockouts isn't going to make up the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    So you have eight people on the ramp having to deal with the ashen wall? That sounds like a real ball ache
    Although we haven't killed it yet, we've had fairly long attempts and the wall did not seem to be a problem at all. The tanks simply stack it in parallel lines at the top of the ramp, and all of the DPS and healers are lined up on both sides of the ramp. The only possible issue I see in terms of spacing is too many iron tombs spawning because of how many players are up there. However, as long as people are dropping them right next to each other, it did not seem to cause any issues. Besides, even if you ran out of room, you can always just move down the ramp.

Deleted

Yeh apologies I got it in my head that shamans are number 8. Also if you're not one//two shotting the farm stuff, that extra lockout of loot could be really helpful in the long run. Immerseus trinket for casters, sha trinket for healers etc