Timey Whimey Shenanigans - Possible Work Arounds

I was thinking about the character duplicate issue that comes with the alternate timeline premise of WoD, and devised in my head a potential method of damage control.

First off, to prevent problems like having 2 Kil'jaedens and 2 versions of Sargaras, our timeline cannot maintain a connection with the alternate universe.
    To solve this, instead of the "Dark Portal turning red" just enabling travel to alternate Draenor, which remains in its alternate universe, the very act of establishing the portal connection to our Azeroth actually pulls the whole planet completely into our universe, cutting it off from its native one.

That limits all instances of time(line) travel to two events: sending Garrosh into the past and bringing Draenor to our present. Also, the can of worms that is having a whole other universe available is closed for good.

In terms more personal to the Horde and Alliance, introductory quests lines could be structured and end in such ways that duplicates are removed, narratives are dramatically moved forward, and the "Yeah, we're from the future... of another timeline" conversation can be rendered less awkward.

Alliance

Khadgar, Maraad and the player start out disguised, helping defend the Temple of Karabor as "helpful strangers" to prevent shocking the locals, especially after Maraad finds out his alternate self was killed in a previous attack.
    In the climactic finale where the Iron Horde are repelled and the temple is secured, our version of Velen reveals that he also traveled to alternate Draenor in secret, stating he followed a vision he had shortly after the Iron Horde attacked Azeroth. He discards his own disguise at the most desperate moment, and dies of exhaustion casting a supremely epic spell that turns the tide, perhaps while alternate Velen is away securing the Ata'mal Crystal. In the aftermath, Maraad explains the situation and the Draenei rally behind the Alliance in honor of our Velen's sacrifice.

Horde

Thrall, Drek'thar and the player intend to contact Durotan under guise of an unaffiliated orc clan disgruntled by Gul'dan tainting them against their will (to explain why they're friendly but green).
    Over the course of claiming Bladespire Fortress, a younger Drek'thar is blinded by the fortress's Ogre lord and Draka, Thrall's mother, is cornered. As the ogre lord is about to deliver a killing blow, Thrall cries out for her, revealing his identity as her son. Thrall slays the ogre lord in vengeance, and as he mourns Draka, our version of Drek'thar asks the earth and the orcish ancestors to revive her in exchange for his life. The pact is sealed, bringing Draka back to life and leaving our older Drek'thar to fall dead.
    The closing quest text notes that Thrall and his parents will later convene in private to discuss the issue of timelines.

I realize asking for these specific events is a pipe dream, but I hope Blizzard handles these issues using at least similar dynamics. What do you guys think?
    What suggestions would you make to the Blizzard writing team for WoD?
    Behold my unintentional Thread Necromancy.

Deleted
    Wibbly Wobbly Timey Whimey...

Let's just enjoy the moment.

You lore fans are really torn up about this. How do you sleep at night?

Well, a google search for "wildstar timetravel" returns 1 result.

Soon to be two, I guess.

Anyway, there's that.

The WoW plot is generally poor. The orc-arina of time is pretty much the worst thing possible, but GIVEN that the were GOING to do SOMETHING to bring back the past- because remember, the movie is coming out, and it will take place in this general era, and they want the movie era folks to be around if someone sees the movie, buys the game, gets a free pass over a decade of story and content with their level 90, and then immediately starts fighting the movie-relevant content....

The point is, it was either this or they actually unmake everything WoW ever did. At least they didn't choose the second, and they can get back on track with Wrathion and all the stuff that was supposed to happen after MoP but instead will wait a year or so.