Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenofreak View Post
    Wait, since when is standing in front of someone's car while they're driving, forcing them to stop, and then dumping snow over the windshield so they can't see out of it a snowball fight?

...snip...
    That's what I was thinking. That isn't a snowball fight, that is a bunch of hoodlums bullying a teacher.

Deleted
    I think criminal charges is grossly overshooting the seriousness of the situation, i'd of thought it should be dealt with in-house rather than out...

Just my 2 cents of course, but if the person feels like pressing charges it's up to him.

Expel every one of them, then film their crying sad faces as they take grey hound back home. Now that would make me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Someone who "snaps" doesn't sound like the most mentally healthy person to begin with.
    So what?

People are fucked up. Do you go through life assuming that everyone is a perfectly balanced individual who can take a bit (or a lot) of teasing and never fight back?

This shit is going to catch up to them one of these days. They're lucky he was just a professor and not the town nutter who would've floored it.

I've been in snowball fights, this doesn't even remotely resemble a snowball fight... There are about a hundred people there not throwing snowballs at each other...

I don't think anybody cares if you throw a snowball at a car, but if you block the car or throw trashcans full of snow on the windscreen so the driver can't see anything, you're definitely crossing the line.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    I expected the black kids to start the "knockout game".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Someone who "snaps" doesn't sound like the most mentally healthy person to begin with.
    You've clearly never been bullied or harassed for any prolonged period of time, people "snapping" is a perfectly NORMAL response after being put under the pressure of harassment and bullying, there is no mentally sane person who will put up with that kind of treatment for any prolonged period of time, I can assure you if situations reversed and the kids got the same treatment, they would be far less level-headed about it.

And when someone do snaps, and someone gets hurt because they didn't think that the person they were bothering was another human being, with feelings and somewhere to be. I mean driving home of a snowy day you probably just can't wait to get home and get warm, and then this happens? The professor was damn level-headed, that is for sure.

The ignorance in this thread is astounding, if they had the misfortune of picking someone with a background of abuse, they could easily have been run over, because these people have had ENOUGH of people bullying and harassing them already.

And when you do snap, and people call you aggressive, insane, crazy, claiming it was all a joke, that's when you really get to see how detached these kind of people are from reality. Even the most timid and peaceful creature/individual, will attack if poked enough times.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    So what?

People are fucked up. Do you go through life assuming that everyone is a perfectly balanced individual who can take a bit (or a lot) of teasing and never fight back?

This shit is going to catch up to them one of these days. They're lucky he was just a professor and not the town nutter who would've floored it.
    I remember back when I was just a kid, I "got in a snowball fight" with some guy in a pickup truck. He then proceeded to get out of the pickup truck with his shotgun and chased us through the woods shooting into the air(at least I think it was the air, nobody got hit and we weren't looking to see where he aimed it).

I think it's an interesting illustration of how close a lot of people are to mob mentality. Just because it's snowed this seems to give them "permission" in their minds to not only block the path of someone else but to effectively prevent them from leaving and pelt them with snowballs.. which can actually hurt if they hit raw skin.

Would these students stop him from leaving a classroom or stop him in a hall way? No they wouldn't. Yet it snows and they seem to think they can do what the hell they like to him just because it's snowed. Interesting. I'm not saying it's wrong what they did as such.. it was probably meant for fun, although it's no fun when you're on the receiving end. But I just find it very curious.

A sort of "well if i'm not with them, they're against me" sort of vibe going on too perhaps.
    Last edited by Collected; 2013-12-10 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    Sure as hell not a friendly snowball fight, drunk college dumbasses acting big... maybe a according punishment might cool them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Expel every one of them, then film their crying sad faces as they take grey hound back home. Now that would make me happy.
    If they dont get charged with anything else this is what I would do. They have shown that they are not intelligent enough to be college graduates. Also I would have run over the idiots blocking my car, not fast just enough to push my way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    There goes that college's reputation...
    Oregon never had a good reputation to begin with. It's a joke of a school.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imuhdude View Post
    Something tells me only the black guys will get arrested and then 1 token white guy/girl along with them.
    The snowball fight was organized by the Oregon football team. They are primadonnas and the school pretty much wipes their asses for them, nothing will be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    60 Days of detention would be a perfect punishment for those.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Its fun until someone loses an eye because a stick or stone got stuck in the ball.

That was at least the excuse why it was banned at my school back then.
    My cousin got hit in the eye with a peach that some other kids were throwing around for "fun". For 2 weeks it was uncertain whether he would lose the eye. Luckily he didn't, although his vision in that eye has been weak ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    Yes, kill them for throwing snow balls.
    Then they should not be standing in middle of the road.And what if one those snowballs hit his glasses and they shattered and he got some of it in his eyes?