Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I pretty much felt BSG was a writeoff after the first season. I'd like to burn a hole in my memory where all that New Caprica crap happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I felt Fringe was an amazing show but the ending was way too boring to live up to how cool the rest of the show was...

Oooh, X-Files. Although again, show had been in the doldrums for many seasons at that point.

Anyone remember Space: Above and Beyond? Never a great show but I watched it anyway. Ended on a cliffhanger as well before being canned. Le sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Lost had a pretty bad ending, but the writers had dug themselves into a hole seasons before that. I'm convinced that at some point they didn't really know where to take the story, and they weren't prepared for the levels of analysis fans would throw at the show.
    I get the feeling that point was about halfway through season 1. I don't think the writers EVER had a plan, they were just playing for time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Lost, Jericho, Terra Nova, Kyle XY.

Jericho, Kyle XY and Terra Nova were all cancelled but a little closure would have been nice. Ending of Jericho was just fucking dumb and rushed so they could "end" the series. Kyle XY ended in a giant cliffhanger and absolutely nothing was done about it. Terra Nova's was just set up for a season 2 which didn't happen.

The X Files. It seemed to gradually go down hill after season 4. I didn't hate the ending, but was thoroughly upset. I liked Agent Doggett and Reyes, they were good actors. But the show was nothing more then a shell of its good times by the time it made it to the end.
    My eyes were rolling wild when Reyes was new to the scene. She would immediately hop onto the paranormal bandwagon over the least little things more so than Mulder in a heartbeat, that it made it all a laughable attempt.

Just realized that there was also Star Trek Voyager. It's one of my favorite tv series ever, but the ending was just... odd. I can understand TNG's sudden ending, that was a different time. At least they had movies afterwards. But Voyager sort of just quickly wrapped things up and went out in a silent snuff. One episode we're having good times zipping around in space surviving whatever comes our way, then the next episode, uh oh those darn evil Borg - aaaaand were suddenly home! The end.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-12-10 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharikov View Post
    I'd say Dexter, but let's be honest. Seasons 1, 2, and 4 were the only real /good/ seasons. The rest were fairly mediocre to bad, especially the last. So it's basically a show I loved that started out amazing and then just went so far downhill I gave up.

Like the guy above, I was a bit disappointed with Chuck's ending too, but at least it left some hope. I can't really count shows that were cancelled and ended on a cliffhanger, really (Ie Heroes,) but there are quite a few of them.

Overall, though, I'm definitely the most disappointed with Dexter, having loved the first two seasons as much as I did.
    I really enjoyed the 3rd season, but I'm a Jimmy Smits fan. But your analysis is spot on here. I spotted the "twist" in Season 6 about 2 episodes in (whenever EJO and Colin Hanks were in the diner together). And the show was so wildly unrealistic. In that same season, Dexter is at a crime scene that hasn't been discovered yet and he calls 911 from his cell phone to report it. I mean, for real? But the last season was just terrible and the ending was like "are you fucking serious?"

OT : Lost is probably #1 despite the fact that the show was headed downhill not too long after Season 3 started. Kinda difficult to wrap up a show that asks 4 million questions without bothering to really answer any of them. I remember when the writers said that everything on the show could be answered with science. And then they made the "smoke monster" a thousand year old pissed off zombie.

Another show that kind of had an ending, but it was shit because they cancelled it was Carnivale. Loved the show and where it was going. Hated how HBO felt that Season 2 was a good enough wrap up. It still irritates me to this day.
    Last edited by notorious98; 2013-12-10 at 07:23 AM.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deadwood. I didn't hate the ending I hate that it ended!

10+ Year Old Account
    Every series I ever watched.

Except maybe Stargate SG-1. I have high hopes for Sons of Anarchy tomorrow.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The BSG end was weak, I thought. Sure, they got to Earth (is it spoilers if it's like 7 years old?) but the whole construction of the final 5 Cylons was weird, especially that one of the original 7 died and we never got to see it in the show?

I also find it improbable that they just assimilated into a tribe of homo erectus or something and gave up their technology willy-nilly. Am I supposed to believe no one snuck anything science-fictiony onto the planet? Hell, Adama had a personal cruiser at the end.

And I didn't get the whole Angel thing with Starbuck and Baltar. The show got really weirdly religious at the end.

Plus I loved Gaita and I hated how they wrote him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Every series I ever watched.

Except maybe Stargate SG-1. I have high hopes for Sons of Anarchy tomorrow.
    SoA still has one more season.

Alphas ended on a cliffhanger and was cancelled. Not the best show, but I still wanted to know what happened.

Reboot and if anyone remembers this show Exo-Squad.

Reboot ends with Megabyte in control of the CPU and declares to all of Mainframe "Let the Hunt Begin." and boom channel execs pull the plug.

Exo Squad ends with the Exo Fleet Pirate alliance defeating Phaeton and his Neo Sapien army winning back Earth, Mars, and Venus. The Exo Fleet and Earth Government are trying to figure out what to do with all the Neo Sapiens and it ends with Lt. Marsh the main character on a mission at planet Chaos home world of the pirates. He goes out to check on a disturbance where he sees the supposed destruction of Chaos and a alien fleet heading towards Earth but the series was cancelled. One of the most mature cartoon shows ever that dealt with the morality and cost of war, genocide, and the horror of racism but the damn show got cancelled.

Life
    Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Firefly
    Tera Nova

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kals View Post
    Lost, Jericho, Terra Nova, Kyle XY.

Jericho, Kyle XY and Terra Nova were all cancelled but a little closure would have been nice. Ending of Jericho was just fucking dumb and rushed so they could "end" the series. Kyle XY ended in a giant cliffhanger and absolutely nothing was done about it. Terra Nova's was just set up for a season 2 which didn't happen.
    SyFY, when it was still the Sci Fi channel tried to pick up Jericho and move it there, which is something they normally do well. Sadly CBS tossed 4 crap episodes together and killed it. Side note Jerichos fame on the their website but low ratings on TV is a major reason in why we have so many commercials on network sites episodes or places like Hulu.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soul Eater. It had the worst, most phoned in ending EVER.

Mortal Kombat Conquest.

The show basically ends with the main villain killing the entire cast and laughing over his victory. I've read online that it was intended for this to be a dream sequence, but coz the show was canceled after 1 season...its basically given the show a downer ending

I'd have agreed with LOST, but I bailed on that show when it became obvious halfway through that their conceit of all the questions having answered was a lie and that the writers were making up stuff as they went along.

I also recall being half sucked into the X-Files by Mulder's little sister, and I believe the reveal was basically "Oh she was dead. Yeah, no real interest reveals here move along".
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

10+ Year Old Account
    Stargate Universe. Cliffhanger endings are, well... No. Just. No.
    Battlestar Galactica (reimagined) Galactica deserved a better end than being sent off into the Sun. Also, the fact that the show actually ended, it was the best piece of space sci-fi on TV in ages.

Deleted
    LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST LOST

Wasted SEVEN (or was it eight I cant even remember) YEARS OF MY LIFE ON THAT SHIT!!

Wolverine and the X-Men. Cliffhanger ending. Series Cancelled. Do I need to say more ?

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

15+ Year Old Account
    Merlin (BBC series)...

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

So anyways...spoilers...you were warned! Seriously don't read this if you intend to watch the show because it's an amazing show and u shouldn't spoil yourself.

Basically the show stays true to Arthurian Legend...Arthur dies due to a mortal strike dealt by Mordred, which I didn't like, but I can accept. The real problem is that for basically THE ENTIRE SHOW Merlin is this young guy (he's not an old man in this show) who has to keep his magical powers a secret from everyone because magic is outlawed by penalty of DEATH in Camelot. He even has to keep his powers a secret from Arthur, but at the same time he has to use them to keep Arthur safe BECAUSE there's a prophecy that Arthur will bring about a golden age in which wizards will basically be able to practice magic openly and finally be accepted by society, but first Arthur has to become king, and currently Uther is king and he's a douche. So everything Merlin does is for the goal of protecting Arthur so that Arthur may bring about this golden age.

In the end...Arthur dies, and just like in the legend it's foretold he will rise again when Albion (read: England) needs him most. Now at this point if they had any freaking sense they'd show us the Albion that was foretold...an Albion where magic is practiced freely and Merlin is FINALLY able to show the world his powers and basically get the respect and props he deserves. Instead we flash forward to MODERN DAY. There's a fucking truck just driving down the road, and Merlin is just walking down the street looking like an old hobo. He passes the island where Arthur is buried and that's it. WTF. SHOW ME THE ALBION THAT WAS PROMISED. Obviously it didn't come to pass because there's not exactly a ton of magic in the modern world. So WTF? It was just a crap ending that could have been easily fixed if they just took the time to show the "magically free" Albion before skipping to the modern era. In fact...don't even show the modern era! What's the point! Just to know that Merlin is still out there, wandering the streets like a vagrant just waiting for Arthur to rise again? Yea, I don't see that as the greatest ending, it's actually pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Wolverine and the X-Men. Cliffhanger ending. Series Cancelled. Do I need to say more ?
    I'll second that. And boy, did Emma Frost get screwed-she was supposed to be brought back for the second season, but because the show ended, she just ended up dead, with the entire team thinking she was a villain when she actually wasn't.

I'll also echo everyone's sentiments about the Dexter finale.