Thread: No Man's Sky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Most dev teams wouldn’t do what they did in the first place.
    lol have you seen greenlight lately? Fucking hundreds of dev teams pull this shit, and they abandon their games. Ubisoft have done it with even some of their more recent games. The fact that Hello games is still even working on this thing is astonishing. I am surprised that Sean didn't take the money and run.

really wish the cap on the bases was higher. Also tried out the biggest rover in creative mode, thing handles like shit and is slow as hell. Didnt try the other 2 yet.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sean is playing a longer game, they are going to release more updates to lure in as many naive people in to buy their game for $60 and then when the final update is released and the game is transformed into a master piece that will have everything missing and more - he will take all the moneys and FLEE! Dat scumbag!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    really wish the cap on the bases was higher. Also tried out the biggest rover in creative mode, thing handles like shit and is slow as hell. Didnt try the other 2 yet.
    The Colossus (biggest rover) is meant to be a slow sluggish beast for extended resource gathering trips, hence the huge inventory and default mining laser equipment. The Roamer is a more multipurpose vehicle with much better speed and handling with medium inventory size and no default equipment. The Nomad is the super agile all terrain version of the 3 and has the smallest inventory, but comes with a speed boost module by default and can glide over water.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yes, how dare people not trust a development team that has been the most dishonest and incompetent in the industry, and that's really saying something.
    It's cute how you think Hello Games is the worst it gets (and that's without throwing Greenlight in or including truly atrocious examples like Digital Homicide).
    Last edited by Berethos08; 2017-03-11 at 03:36 PM.

compared to other sandbox survival games.
    It is not sandbox survival game. It is exploration game.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Pathfinder update really does add a lot to the game. It would have been nice if it was there from the start and if it was even with other missing features most would just be blowing hot air because they like to hate. While at its core it is a exploration game they are adding more and more to the survival aspect. If you look at recent negative steam reviews they keep bringing up the price. Price doesn't change quality or anything about the actual game. It only changes what you are willing to accept. It is amusing to understand that most of these people wouldn't rate the game negative with the same exact game play at a lower cost.

Honestly anyone who thinks "normal" mode is survival is just fooling themselves. NMS is at the very core what is available in Normal mode. Survival and Permadeath modes do take it into a survival game though. Genre is such a diluted thing in modern gaming. It doesn't really have to much of a impact on the actual game because most games have elements of multiple genres. You look at the core. Just as the diehard haters don't have the actual game at the core of the hate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Supposedly this is on sale on ps4, I'll pick this up. The number of players on steam doesn't have any impact to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    It is not sandbox survival game. It is exploration game.
    It is both, but one of those things is an actual genre while the other is a feature found across many genres.

Deleted
    I dont think the game is ever going to evolve to something useful. Generic worlds always lead to generic repetetive gameplay.

And if you observed alienosaur #214, it is not really much different to observing alienosaur #215.

It's more likely to stay a sandbox for generiic game development with a academic approach.

Modding could be a great chance for that game. If people could mod in civiization, generic quests and stories, it probably would become more interesting.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-03-11 at 09:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I dont think the game is ever going to evolve to something useful. Generic worlds always lead to generic repetetive gameplay.

And if you observed alienosaur #214, it is not really much different to observing alienosaur #215.

It's more likely to stay a sandbox for generiic game development with a academic approach.

Modding could be a great chance for that game. If people could mod in civiization, generic quests and stories, it probably would become more interesting.
    It would be cool if it had the faction system and inter-faction wars. Currently (when i last played) the world felt a bit weird how dead it was. yeah you see some plants and weird animals on a planet, the odd space station with an alien in and the occasional alien inhabiting a planet, but any sort of civilization was really lacking and made the world feel dead.

Deleted
    Certainly not the worst, but probably the one that ended up by getting the most attention since how openly they did it, thus why I believe that what Sean Murray did was pure incompetence, I’m assuming he wanted to take the recognition or simply avoid wasting resources on a PR person, judging by how nervous and awkward he looked, I wouldn’t even be surprised that he wasn’t fully aware of the crap he was saying at the time =/
    Do you really need a PR person to not lie though?

'will you be able to meet other people in the game'

'no'

Doesn't seem very hard to me.

Certainly not the worst*snip*
    You make a lot of good points about the problematic behavior of the devs, and in particular Sean Murray...

But my point is simply laughing at those who think both his behavior and the development team behind the game are the worst the game industry has to offer...and seem hell bent on continuing to bitch about the bad launch 6 months later. It's amusing...but a bit troubling as well that some are so intent on hating the game for so long. Not healthy behavior, in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I believe the latest patch is laying the groundwork for Steam Workshop integration, so at least on PC they seem to be embracing the modding scene that has already appeared but isn't yet officially supported.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Is this on PC? I kinda wanna try out NMS some day but Id like to play it on my PS4 instead of PC. Dunno how it looks on the PS4 comapred to PC. If its horrible ill just skip the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Is this on PC? I kinda wanna try out NMS some day but Id like to play it on my PS4 instead of PC. Dunno how it looks on the PS4 comapred to PC. If its horrible ill just skip the game.
    I purchased it on PS4 and it runs fine IMO. I just recently started playing it again after the "car" update last weekend. Finally have something to work for in the game.

Tried the new update. I have one question...

WHERE THE FUCK IS SPODANIUM

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Tried the new update. I have one question...

WHERE THE FUCK IS SPODANIUM
    http://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Spadonium

Desert and Snow biomes have a chance to spawn the cacti containing it. The first planet I got to after the base update had it. So my home planet has an endless supply of that and lots of caves nearby for the Artium (or however you spell it)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    In case some here still care. There has been some pretty interesting things happening regarding NMS. An even is taking place called "Waking Titan" that has been happening in real life with clues and an ARG. It is all hinting at some release or update happening in August.

Reddit megathread: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...gi&sh=09db5dff

There is also an Atlas science division website: http://csd.atlas-65.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    In case some here still care. There has been some pretty interesting things happening regarding NMS. An even is taking place called "Waking Titan" that has been happening in real life with clues and an ARG. It is all hinting at some release or update happening in August.

Reddit megathread: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTh...gi&sh=09db5dff

There is also an Atlas science division website: http://csd.atlas-65.com/
    Looks like a way to get some more interest on the game. Too bad they're not publicizing it a lot.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.