Poll: Do you choose your friends based on looks?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Do you choose your friends based on looks?

Why or why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    I choose my friends based on whether they're good people and we share any interests. My friends run the spectrum from gorgeous to down right freakishly hideous, but they're all nice people.
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

In case of females - unfortunatelly yes, I do and I can't help it, I am addicted to aesthetics and beauty (my love has the same problem and we just can't help it), although, if any of female I am friend with loses her beauty, I will still love them, because they have beautiful souls and minds.
    In case of males - I am done with meeting new ones, I am not interested in new male-male colleguing or whatever is the world, males bore me, I even have problems with listeninig to them besides the ones I have relation with for years.

Of course, my method goes this way:
    are you a nice and good person?
    if yes -> are you a great looking female?
    if yes -> we can continue, pleased to meet you, I would love to hear your life story and have some great time together (reminds me of Trinity).
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-12-10 at 05:39 AM.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i only surround myself with beautiful people.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Deleted
    I most definitely do not. Because if they would choose friends based on looks, I wouldn't have my friends. They're all good looking, while I'm a chubby WoW nerd.

Deleted
    No, it's beyond shallow.

You could be the most deformed motherfucker in the world, but if you were a good friend to me; I'd reciprocate that.

Picking friends purely on aesthetic purposes will see you living a very alienated life.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. But I focus more on voice than looks when interacting with people. Which, in this case, is also a no, because my friends have some really bad voices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    i only surround myself with beautiful people.
    Welcome to the island of beautiful men! I can tell you`re gonna feel like home here

10+ Year Old Account
    God no lol. I couldn't care less what my friends look like.

I think people subconsciously enjoy being around more attractive people. I don't think many go and try to choose friends based on looks specifically though. My friends are just people I enjoy being around. I can't stand talking to ugly women though.

15+ Year Old Account
    In my experience, beautiful people overall are shallow, egocentric, drama llamas, and in a few cases kind of boring & one dimensional.

I can handle the ego problem and their drama goes in one ear and out the other (my sister falls into this category... and yes, I can't walk 5ft down a sidewalk with her without males ages 15-65 looking at her) but its the boring personalities that bug me. Total turn off, and if they have a valley girl accent its like nails on a chalkboard.

Now I have met some beautiful women that have the most down home, loving, easy going personality (and the brains to go with it) this side of the Mississippi but they are like a diamond in the rough. Usually they're girls who eventually got tired of other females in their "clique" and found that guys are more fun and friendly. sometimes the 2 I am referring too are more fun to be around than my fellow guy friends.

I know one guy who is of the beautiful variety. He has that channing Tatum look going on and I hate him for it. I literally counted one time and he almost got close my gay friend for the quickness of picking up women (and by picking up, I really mean my gay friend hagged them... what is up with women and wanting to be a gay's hag? its like a mutant super power gays have to lure straight women to their grasp lol). Gay friend was 26sec and mr tatum over here was just shy of 60sec.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, definitely not. In the case of guys, I really don't know looking at my guy friends if they're attractive or not, I can't tell.
    In the case of girls, it's probably easier to be friends with the ones I'm not attracted to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, I usually prefer to be friends with non-shitbags for the most part I don't give a shit what they look like.

What a stupid idea.
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    No, its not really important.

No. TBH though, I prefer people who aren't butt ugly. Usually am friends with people who have similar interests, want to hang out and actually listen.
    Stay salty my friends.

This isn't the kind of question some of us should be honest about. The answer is simply yes.

Absolutely not, and I think less of people that do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

I don't think I have ever chosen not to be someones friend because of their looks, if I get on with someone I get on with someone. I may have tried to become friends with someone based on their looks though.