Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezmaefele View Post
    I just want to say Merry Christmas to all.

I'm a Christian. I believe in Jesus. If you don't believe he was the son of God, that's OK, I totally understand because I have had my doubts throughout my life. But regardless, I hope you can at least appreciate his message of peace and love and please forgive the all too human messengers that pass on his word in a sometimes imperfect way.

I hope Merry Christmas can convey the right message to all no matter where it comes from or how it got to your ears.
    I would be more open to this if our esteemed governor hadn't held a major rally in my hometown 2 years back to talk about how non-Christians suck.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have dramatic opinions regarding religion, culture and other humanitarian and cultural-related topics, and get offended by things like this, you shouldn't be living in Texas, or other southern states. Come to Canada! *offers poutine*
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Who gives a shit? They even celebrate Christmas in Japan and they aren't Christians. It's just one of those holidays that everyone has fun taking part in no matter what they believe or what they think it stands for. To get this upset about it is quite silly.

Deleted
    What about the jews when they celebrate Purim? well.. i think its called that..

anyway, they are so drunk most of them, and some dudes are even giving the young kids alcohol.. i think they shuldent complain over us enjoying it sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the Festivus for the Rest of Us!
    If a fat kid falls in the forrest and no one is around do the trees laugh?
    You're an insignificant speck of a person sitting on an insignificant speck of a world orbiting an insignificant speck of a star in an insignificant speck of a galaxy. Literally, no one cares what you think.

Deleted
    Funny how people argue *against* this. It's obvious and the OP's pretty much completely right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    merry christmas sounds nicer than happy holidays.
    that is my only thing to say about this topic.
    I have to agree.

I don't get why these people are so insecure about their religion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am an atheist and I love Christmas, what now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I don't get why these people are so insecure about their religion.
    Some people don't like being exposed to their privilege.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Reminds me of South Park episode when children prepared some kind of uni performance in grey costumes and meaningless songs just so they can please everyone and not offend jews and others. Im not believer myself, but I always celebrate Xmas, because it is family time for me. People should really have some kind of stop point, otherwise we will end up in society where rapers, murderers and others are justified for the sake of innovative approach to everything.

All these bits about "you guys just need to get over it" and "whats the big deal" miss the fact its that separation of church and state is the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not religious but I celebrate Christmas with my family. It isn't about Christmas though; if my family celebrated Hanukkah or Kwanzaa together I would with them as well. Christmas as a holiday just so happens to be the medium of our family coming together.

All these bits about "you guys just need to get over it" and "whats the big deal" miss the fact its that separation of church and state is the law.
    But if you want to enforce the law then you just end up with a society of rapers and murderers, apparently.

The "Christmas Tree" was a Pagan Winter Solstice thing anyway. Do you really think they had pine trees over in the middle east desert?

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not enforcing or restricting particular religions, its protecting the right of people to partake in a particular holiday. How many nonbeliever/atheist in this thread have already stated that they celebrate Christmas?

did anyone else read the part about "the nativity scene"? cause that's extremely christian...
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Christianity basically tells non-Christians that there is only one way to get into heaven and if you don't...meh they still love you anyway. It beats another religion option that actually kills people of religions other than themselves, not to mention gays. Additionally, this other option likes to oppress women and make it so they have no value in society and kill them if they deem it necessary. People are so wrapped up in worrying about what Christianity doesn't like them to do and forgets what another religion FORCES people to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Christmas has become so commercialized that you can use plenty of decorations without it being religior. just leave baby Jesus and the nativity scene out. Christmas trees and Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer are not inherently religious.

Although, I know my govenor well enough that he will use this as an underhanded way to promote Xtianity. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    did anyone else read the part about "the nativity scene"? cause that's extremely christian...
    Only if you want to slap a religious meaning onto it. Texas is viewing no different than a statue of Zeus or a picture of the Easter bunny.