Having trouble in decision about mobo !

Hello, I am going to be building a pc soon, and I am in the search of parts at this moment. Is the mobo really worth spending a lot of money on , I had an option of buying a 240 dollar mobo , and a 149 dollar one. Is there a major difference between the mobos. I would be going with an Asus or an MSI. Can someone give me tips on how to choose the best mobo performance and compatibility wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is one main thing: if you are going to be overclocking CPU you need the expensive mob with chips for OC'ing.
    I built my PC a month or so ago, I had similar issues. I went for Asus H87 Pro, it has many safety options (from electricity fluctuations) plus it supports dual video card setup and has two slots for pcie x 16. That's pretty much it.
    If you are going to be doing some OC'ing, you need a chip with Zxx.
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem Cyrops had is that he bought the incorrect chipset, not because he didn't 'spend enough'. There are rarely any reasons to spend more than $140 or so on a board.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    The problem Cyrops had is that he bought the incorrect chipset, not because he didn't 'spend enough'. There are rarely any reasons to spend more than $140 or so on a board.
    There are many reasons, IMO. Overclocking headroom via more phases, PCI lane allotment, sound quality, capacitor quality and stuff like mPCIe.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics