View Poll Results: Do you agree with the OP?

Voters
151. This poll is closed
  • Totally Agree

29 19.21%
  • Disagree

83 54.97%
  • Hmm can't connect food to wow

39 25.83%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    This is what we call a "thought experiment".. or not even that, rather it's a lazy metaphor for a poor point you're trying to make.

The idea with a non-thought experiment being that you actually go out and do something rather than write dumb forum posts.

Deleted
    World of Warcraft have risen a lot regarding quality of mechanics and menus.

But everything else has become shitty as hell, that being community, lore, boring raids and dungeons, etc, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Hahahahah.
    Because Molten Core was such a great raid, really awesome quality, innovative mechanics and such.
    It WAS a great raid in its time, no other MMO was even competing at that time, also nobody back then had access to all the information and addons we do nowadays.

As the game evolved and became more popular, so did the PvE encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    Let's not speak for everyone. WoW has obviously seen better days.
    In terms of sub numbers and perceived community attitude, sure. In terms of gameplay and balance.....past iterations were pretty awful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuza View Post
    It WAS a great raid in its time, no other MMO was even competing at that time, also nobody back then had access to all the information and addons we do nowadays.

As the game evolved and became more popular, so did the PvE encounters.
    Boss mods were available during the MC days, even though most encounters had only one or two mechanics most raid members had to watch. Other addons really don't help performance that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I disagree...because I don't think the quality has declined. WoW is the best it has been.
    Agreed. While I don't like the restaurants current paint job (Pandaria, the island, not the content), it's still got the best food in town (content).

Some people get burnt out eating the same food over and over no matter how good it is. I, for one, am still enjoying engorging myself in it nightly

If you eat nothing but Sushi for the next ten years, I am sure you would die :P

I think an even better analogy would be to instead serve steak with Stroganoff-sauce, they offer you a steak and you can pick your own sauce (including Stroganoff).
    You have more option, even the same option as before, but you are still going to get sick of it if you eat steak every day for 9 years.
    I'd agree with this, but there are many parts of the old game that are just missing now; even if some people think that the old stuff was worthless or bad, it's still gone. So the old sauce is off the menu.

totally off topic but:
    Regarding Sushi, I think you can live off of it. While the common American usage of Sushi to mean Sashimi would leave some dietary holes, the usage of Sushi that focuses on the one necessary ingredient, rice, would be fine.

I disagree because I feel that quality is still on the upswing, even though the market is changing and eroding it's customer base.

What things are missing exactly?
    -Long 5 man dungeons.
    -hidden quest hubs.
    -talent trees (along with hybrid specs).
    -weapon procs (along with spell power coefficient procs).
    -40 man raids.
    -Non linear dungeons.
    -semi-permanent character customization
    -diverse equipment options, particularly in regards to using odd armor types

I could come up with more. Regardless of whether or not the removal of these things made some people like the game more, they really are missing from the game and represented previous available extremes that some people appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Hb View Post
    I see you dont play arena.
    Arena has never not been shit dude.

I had quit b/c
    Pandas
    Lack of content
    Lack of serious content
    LFR crap
    Too easy dungeons/heroics
    Childish silly theme
    Gimmicks all over, pokemon, reforging
    Ghostcrawler

I am coming back in WoD b/c

Orcs and Dranei
    New content
    Harder dungeons/heroics
    Outland 2.0
    LFR taking a backstage
    20-man mythic
    Ghostcrawler GONE

Personally, I could put up with most of the changes until cross realms and now connected realms. Example: I queued for LFD yesterday and got Occulus twice. Two of the people in the group did not know the fight and were from a Brazilian server (Gallywix), so they did not speak English. We could not explain the fight to them, and consequently, we failed the run twice.

WOW was always an MMORPG based on communication. I remember raiding 25-man Lich King, which we defeated by the way, and having to wait 30+ minutes before the raid so people who didn't know the fights could go watch videos. After they watched the videos, the raid leaders explained over vent how THEY were going to do the fights. You can't do that now with LFR (or LFD). People can't communicate because they don't speak the same language. When did this become a good idea in an MMORPG???

I honestly don't care if Blizz is doing it to even out the servers. The servers wouldn't be uneven if they didn't keep letting people transfer until the servers were so whacked out that they couldn't fix them. That, my friends, is pure greed. Blizz has the ability to, and has in the past, lock down servers so there are no more transfers on or off. They should have done this before the servers were unusable.

My main is on Area 52, which has about 20k ally and 180k horde. I have a 30-minute queue to get onto the server EVERY night and another 30-minute queue to get into a dungeon. Area 52 isn't even on the list to be fixed.

My other server is Garona. There are no outrageous queue times, which is why I went there, but now the groups are people who speak different languages, which makes LFD and LFR useless and VERY frustrating.

They made 204 million dollars in 2012. Their greed is out of control and now they are suffering by losing players, and they are causing us to suffer by ridiculous patches and expansions, because their pockets are not being lined as heavily. They have good game developers, who are obviously being encouraged to not care about the game but only about how they can make more money, i.e., in-game "store" button.

Before the trolls tell me I obviously need to quit playing, let me say that I am, when my subscription runs out in January.

Flamers will always flame and haters will always hate, so flame on! Peace

The game has gotten better in alot of areas. The players have changed. And your own feelings have changed.

When I first walked into Karazhan after the long attunement chain and being my first real raid, I was giddy and as excited as a school girl at prom. When SoO dropped, I was like "meh, new pixels to slay."