Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Orphanage 'too white' for donations

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...tions-20121207

A Pretoria orphanage says it is no longer getting financial support from large companies as 70% of the children in its care are white.

Elzane van der Merwe of the Jacaranda children’s home said: “The only answer that the children’s home is getting is: ‘Sorry, you don’t meet the criteria for 100% black economic empowerment (BEE),” reported Beeld.

But Van der Merwe said the children’s home couldn’t choose which children to take in.

“To us a child is a child. We don’t discriminate. Here we have 250 children between 18 months and 18 years that need care, regardless of race or gender.”

She said that even though the department of trade and industry had withdrawn the new suggested BEE codes, welfare organisations countrywide were still affected.

The suggested codes award points to companies for their BEE programmes and donations.

She said their income had dropped drastically due to the BEE codes, even though there was an increase in the children that needed care.

The home only looks after children placed in its care by court order.

I've never been to SA, so I don't know if this is the norm there, to be honest.

Are things really that wacky there about racial relations?

Kinda sad and abit racism

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    A Pretoria orphanage says it is no longer getting financial support from large companies as 70% of the children in its care are white.

Elzane van der Merwe of the Jacaranda children’s home said: “The only answer that the children’s home is getting is: ‘Sorry, you don’t meet the criteria for 100% black economic empowerment (BEE),” reported Beeld.
    Well ain't that just the most loathsome fucking thing ever. This is despicable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Deleted
    Yes. It was majorly fucked up for a while, even now it's still pretty bad.

Think 1800's colonial Britain operating in 1990's. Was only like 20 years ago black people got the right to vote.

A perfect example of racism, but still not considered racism for some ridiculous reason.
    The employee put it the way the donators should have seen it too, a child in need is a child in need, color has no effect on this.

I'm sure the social justice warriors would happily declare that it can't be racism because white people aren't systemically oppressed. After all, those orphans still have white privilege.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been to SA, so I don't know if this is the norm there, to be honest.

Yes they are. My work colleagues son wanted to adopt a child after 9 years of not being able to get his wife pregnant. They wanted to adopt a white Afrikaans speaking kid (i.e. a child that spoke the same language as them). They were refused permission because black children get first priority for adoptions. In the end they had to give up on the idea entirely.

Deleted
    Thats fucked up.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What happen if a white family want to adopt a black child " nope " you have it and that my thing black people are more racist that white " read the fact " and make the child white that black

Well, at the very least this incident could gain them some seriously needed attention and donations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'm sure the social justice warriors would happily declare that it can't be racism because white people aren't systemically oppressed. After all, those orphans still have white privilege.
    I hate to make a fallacy but true justice warriors would be for equality and not "WELL CAUSE THEY OPPRESSED US FIRST SO ITS COOL THAT THEY BE OPPRESSED HUR HUR." Sad that this happened.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    What happen if a white family want to adopt a black child " nope " you have it and that my thing black people are more racist that white " read the fact " and make the child white that black
    I'm terribly sorry; I'm okay with spelling mistakes and such, but..

What does this even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I hate to make a fallacy but true justice warriors would be for equality and not "WELL CAUSE THEY OPPRESSED US FIRST SO ITS COOL THAT THEY BE OPPRESSED HUR HUR." Sad that this happened.
    I fully support pro-equality advocates. The term "social justice warrior" has a different connotation. These are often the idiotic denizens of Tumblr, but I've heard them in real life as well, claiming with complete seriousness that it's not possible for black people to be racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I fully support pro-equality advocates. The term "social justice warrior" has a different connotation. These are often the idiotic denizens of Tumblr, but I've heard them in real life as well, claiming with complete seriousness that it's not possible for black people to be racist.
    I don't even.......That's just well

It's stupid. It's stupid stupid stupid stupid.

Edit: The latter part anyways. "Black people can't be racist" Any black person that says that makes me facepalm.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    off topics

Remember back when " Russian official ban all adoption to western "

Putin signs law banning American adoption in Russia

I agree with it..............they want to make sure the child is will taken care and respect there belief and that what brother me europe have turn into a western because we shove our way of life to another system and that disgusted me !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post

I say that what happen if a white family adopt a black child " they will raise a few eyebrow "

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Edit: The latter part anyways. "Black people can't be racist" Any black person that says that makes me facepalm.
    Thats ironic if a black person says it because they bring evidence to the contrary with the statement.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-12-10 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    Yes. It was majorly fucked up for a while, even now it's still pretty bad.

Think 1800's colonial Britain operating in 1990's. Was only like 20 years ago black people got the right to vote.
    Yes, but we are talking about CHILDREN... What the hell did these white orphans do that warrant neglecting them financially.

Adults is one thing. Whatever we are out in the world getting jobs, living life, and social racial prejudice comes into play, but these are children.
    They don't even understand race, as orphans they have no history, they have no past, no one is telling them to name their children in a way
    that promotes their racial pride... they aren't competing for jobs... THEY ARE CHILDREN.

You know what this tells these children. You aren't as important as the other children in Black Orphanages. They will learn Racial hate early I suppose.
    And what about the Black Children IN this orphanage... those few will learn to hate white children, because its their fault they get less.

Why are we teaching hate? ... Empowerment is the wrong word for this, this is just plain wrong.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Gotta love the PC world we live in Racism for political correctness under the guise of non racial racism. something like that

Deleted
    this is fucking ridiculous. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post

If a white family want to adopt a black child they can't, as black people are more racist than white people. Then there is something about making children white that are black, that may or may not be a reference to Michael Jackson.
    Last edited by Kalis; 2013-12-10 at 04:29 PM.