H Jugger 10, s.priest help

Hi Everyone,

Our guild just got to Juggernaut last night, and my DPS on the fight is simply pathetic. While we didn't get the kill, at the end of most attempts my DPS was either last or second to last. I tried going through the logs, but I'm not that talented with looking at them and I couldn't figure out how to isolate the first phase(s). We cheese phase 2 by outranging mortar barrage, so this obviously skews my MB usage, DoT uptime, etc. Could an experienced log reader help me out? I'm at work right now and both the Armory and WoL are firewalled, so I'll just have to give you my info. If someone else could post the links, that would be fantastic.

Jelopudinpop
    US-Lightbringer
    Guild: Renshai

Thank you all for your help, and apologies for not being able to provide proper links.
    CPU: Intel i7 3770K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V PRO GPU: 2X Asus GTX 770 OC SLI Heatsink: Hyper 212 EVO RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1600mhz SSD: 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO HDD: WD 2tb Caviar Black PSU: Corsair HX850 Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced

Deleted
    Hey, so the most significant thing you should try to improve is usage of Mind Flay: Insanity during Devouring Plague uptime. Yours is usually 10% MFI with 21% DP and from what I see on the graph you often didn't casted more than 1 Mind Flay during DP and almost never cast the "last second" Mind Flay that should exceed DP duration. I think u should be able to cast 50% more MFI than u do now. Mine ratios are 21% MFI, 29% DP, and there are many lucky DI procs and SW: D counted in which you didnt have yet.

If you think it's caused by movement then you should try to find some good spot, where you wont have to move if any nearby player is affected by one of three abilites (I don't remember the names but they were some ground spikes, cannon ball, and some saw traveling in halfcircle), also the further you stay from boss's head the less you will have to move from ground spikes. If your raid doesn't want to allow you stay further because of Mines spawning on you, tell them that u will either use Leap of faith to grip the tank there or soak it yourself with Dispersion.

And the lesser think to improve:, you are well over hit cap so change 2 expertise gems to Reckless ones

PS: If you aren't damaging the boss during groundshaking/mortar phase, don't forget to save orbs, because you will have pretty high chance to get trinket procs when you return to boss.
    Last edited by mmoc8a27148bc4; 2013-12-10 at 03:56 PM.

Stand at max range from the boss (it looks much farther than 40 yards) and you'll only ever have to move for the red circle in p1 (unless you soak a bomb).
    I'm a boomkin though, so that's bout as much help as I can give yah

Finding a good location to stand that is max range makes a world of difference. If you can cut down how much you have to move for borer drills the better. I would suggest dropping your psychic scream glyph for mind flay glyph. The added movement speed if you do need to kite drill for a bit really helps. That should help you with your uptimes and maximizing your MF:I usage. Make sure to refresh DoTs right before the first knockbacks.

Yup, play max range, it'll make your life so much easier. Just make sure you're within healing range. I run juggernaut with DI and Divine Star, less dps than halo but way more healing during siege phase. VE unglyphed so it still tics with your DoTs when you get bumped by the first shock pulse (and try and save a DP for right before the pulse). We stay at max range during siege mode, but if you're feeling brave enough, you can run through the minefield and DoT the boss before the next pulse. I don't do it because I know i'm too prone to dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Yup, play max range, it'll make your life so much easier. Just make sure you're within healing range. I run juggernaut with DI and Divine Star, less dps than halo but way more healing during siege phase. VE unglyphed so it still tics with your DoTs when you get bumped by the first shock pulse (and try and save a DP for right before the pulse). We stay at max range during siege mode, but if you're feeling brave enough, you can run through the minefield and DoT the boss before the next pulse. I don't do it because I know i'm too prone to dying.
    You'll also have a chance at dropping a mine way further up than your raid leader will appreciate. (I've learned this the hard way.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You'll also have a chance at dropping a mine way further up than your raid leader will appreciate. (I've learned this the hard way.)
    You also have life grip and/or dispersion, so that doesn't matter.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Something we've noticed, if you all stay way in the back, the mines get dropped out of range of the boss, by you. When they explode, they deal no damage to the raid. We ignore the mines during siege phase and just chill in the back. If someone runs forward and a mine ends up closer to the boss, it will hit the raid on explosion and would need to be soaked. If everyone remains in the back, you can ignore them during siege. It's worked for us every lockout thus far (10 man).