Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

You ever like someone in WoW?

So,

reading some of the "Deepest WoW confessions" thread I saw a couple posts about their tales of romance in WoW. And I found that I enjoyed reading them.

I thought I make a thread asking if you have such a tale? Have you ever liked someone in WoW? Did you ever tell them, if so how did it turn out?

Be it good or bad, I find your stories fun to read.

Please entertain us with your story!

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I might have liked someone in WoW, but I don't know if I've ever *like* liked someone in WoW.

Of course, I'm married and my wife plays, but I met her long before WoW.

I met a woman over world of warcraft, I moved states to be with her. We have been together for 5+ years.

There is a long sappy version but I really don't want to tell it. But I can give you the World of Warcraft version. Burning Crusade has just been released. We were both level 70.

There once was a female night elf warrior who hung out in goldshire. One day she saw an draenei shaman dueling anything that moved. She mooed at the space cow. It mooed back. They became friends and lovers.
    Last edited by Gasper; 2013-12-10 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    I met a woman over world of warcraft, I moved states to be with her. We have been together for 5+ years.
    How did you meet?

Was there some in-game story?

10+ Year Old Account
    There has to be more to that than this...do tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    How did you meet?

Was there some in-game story?
    Edited for some story.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked a lot of people over time... Liked....
    Never had any romantic feelings towards someone. A girl once had some towards me though. We've talked about it like adults, and concluded how friendship would be the better choice.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

There is a long sappy version but I really don't want to tell it. But I can give you the World of Warcraft version. Burning Crusade has just been released. We were both level 70.

There once was a female night elf warrior who hung out in goldshire. One day she saw an draenei shaman dueling anything that moved. She mooed at the space cow. It mooed back. They became friends and lovers.
    That's sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    That's sweet!
    Its hard telling someone that you met over a video game... especially world of warcraft... usually its easiest to say "through a friend" or "internet" but its weird to find that people are more understanding that you'd think.

Two cases, for me. The first one was someone I already knew from real life, but our experiences together in game were what made us get a lot closer and feel more for each other than simple friendship. It blew out of control and nearly ruined our lives. The second was a girl that lives in a different country. We still talk and flirt a lot, and for a brief time we talked about me possibly moving there or at least visiting, but we accepted the reality that it would never happen and just enjoy the online companionship. At least, when I play; I rarely do anymore.

i found a girl back in wotlk when we were running toc all of my friends were excited that she was from the same country and all and living near us, noone got to see her until authenticator came out. she couldnt order it online cause there was a bug with the site which i actually found out how to solve it, and so i order the authenticator for her. We met up, she was WOW hot omgad, i didnt belived in my eyes that a chick like her playing wow. She was asking for it as well as we met on her house on our own she had her gstring popping out. Well cool

10+ Year Old Account
    twice. one turned out well (althouth the long distance relationship was hard) and one didn't^^

I met someone in WoW. me being a pally tank, and she being a NE Priestess. we talked for about 3 years, she moved across the country for us to be together, and 5 years after meeting each other ingame, we got married this past October.

its always good for a chuckle when people ask how we met, and we tell them World of Warcraft. my Father inlaw even plays as a gnome mage - my personal ball of destruction.

Deleted
    I had been within the same gaming community for 4 years split between different games. I had just finished my 2nd year of uni and it was around the time 4.2 was in full swing. My community was about fun rather than progress, real life meets for weekends of debauchery etc. Anyway, I was considered the best healer in our guild and started helping them clear 4.0 content. During an afternoon, I got a message from a Mage in my guild called Deily, my eyes are bad and I thought it said Delly and she wanted me to help with a Bastion of Twilight run (I still call her Delly to this day). I said yes and we carried on talking afterwards. Eventually we added each other's Battle net and soon Email addresses.

She had a concern about appearances and didn't want to share pictures. By around New Year we installed Whatsapp on our phones and we were averaging around 200 messages a day. We told each other everything, we were and still are best friends. By the next summer, 2 months before MoP going live, I invited her over to hang out. I had seen pictures of her at this point but we essentially had been having an emotional relationship for a while. We spent two weeks together in Northern England (it didn't rain once) and we still raided together, during downtime in raids we had a cheeky cuddle on my bed, it was great!

She left England and we both felt a bit down, two weeks later I was on a plane to Sweden to visit her. No raids, just me and her (and her dog, Kajza). I left after a bittersweet 4 days but we knew what we felt. It took two weeks of planning and searching, even calling in favours, but I moved over to Sweden to be with her. That was 15 months ago and we are still together, not raiding but still active in WoW together.

tl;dr met a girl on wow, talked for year, now living together.
    Last edited by mmoc0ec4842983; 2013-12-10 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Clarification

Kind of?

I realized it was more to do with me neglecting my relationship with my wife and looking to fill that hole rather than any strong interest in a person I didn't know all that well. So, you know, stopped leading them on, paid more attention to my family and pulled my head out. Stupid, I know.

Deleted
    I never had any romance with another WoW player.
    But the first time I met my actual best friend was on WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by songare View Post
    For me, it started back in BC. I and this other person were both playing female night elf hunters, and me being a bit naive with wow and guys playing female characters, I was probably more friendly that I would have been otherwise, lol. Lots of /dance and /silly, etc. Eventually someone in the guild told me that the person I was being friendly with was a guy. At that point it didn't see a reason to change how I was acting, so I didn't. We started talking on vent a lot while gaming and eventually it came up that I was gonna be flying out near where he lived, so he offered me a place to stay while I was out there and I took him up on it. We got a long great IRL also, and after a few more trips between us, him flying out to meet my family (me giving him a Claddagh ring before he left, and him taking it as a proposal), me staying a month with him to "trial" moving in, lol, I ended up moving in with him. We planned on getting married at a much later date, but finding out I was pregnant sped things up, lol, so we ended up eloping. I can't say I'm sorry about it watching all the things my sister is now going through planning a wedding, lol. Eloping was so much easier. Any way, we've been married four years now and our son is 3. Best years of my life so far.

tl;dr: Met a guy in BC, we eloped during wrath and had our son during ICC.
    I'm sorry, but what is eloping?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Didn't turn out well. Woo.

Quote Originally Posted by songare View Post
    For me, it started back in BC. I and this other person were both playing female night elf hunters, and me being a bit naive with wow and guys playing female characters, I was probably more friendly that I would have been otherwise, lol. Lots of /dance and /silly, etc. Eventually someone in the guild told me that the person I was being friendly with was a guy. At that point it didn't see a reason to change how I was acting, so I didn't. We started talking on vent a lot while gaming and eventually it came up that I was gonna be flying out near where he lived, so he offered me a place to stay while I was out there and I took him up on it. We got a long great IRL also, and after a few more trips between us, him flying out to meet my family (me giving him a Claddagh ring before he left, and him taking it as a proposal), me staying a month with him to "trial" moving in, lol, I ended up moving in with him. We planned on getting married at a much later date, but finding out I was pregnant sped things up, lol, so we ended up eloping. I can't say I'm sorry about it watching all the things my sister is now going through planning a wedding, lol. Eloping was so much easier. Any way, we've been married four years now and our son is 3. Best years of my life so far.

tl;dr: Met a guy in BC, we eloped during wrath and had our son during ICC.
    Was your raid leader pretty pissed that you were delivering a baby during the raid?
    Hey

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I think it was during TBC or early Wrath... I was pretty depressed at the time, and my memories from those years are kinda fuzzy, so I can't remember how we met. But it was a russian guy, a fair bit older than me, who I felt I could relate and open up to. So we did dungeons, talked on Skype, he managed to force me into some arenas... I eventually broke it off, though, I didn't believe it would ever lead to anything more than an internet romance, I was terrified by the thought of it becoming a kind of "meet-in-real-life" relationship, and I was just a general mess at the time. He got pretty mad, I guess, and threatened to kill me. But to be fair, I understand that he lost it, considering I broke up via e-mail, without giving him explanations.

In all, a regrettable experience... Wish it had gone differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    I'm sorry, but what is eloping?
    "lets run away together, just you and me!"

As for me, I met my ex through WoW. It didnt work out in the end, but I cant say I'm bitter... especially since we're still guilded together 'cause we're both friggin' adults.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.