Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't really like people IRL, even less in game. Not to sound edgy, but that's how it is. In fact my best time in WoW happened when all my friends quit playing.

around 3 years ago this 16 year old girl who was probably a guy liked to message me every day whenever I got on to do whatever and send pics of herself to me. will send the nudes if you pm me.

Edit Edit Edit Edit Edit: The pics are of when she was 18, she is 19 now
    Last edited by Deletedaccount1; 2013-12-10 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    around 3 years ago this 16 year old girl who was probably a guy liked to message me every day whenever I got on to do whatever and send pics of herself to me. will send the nudes if you pm me.
    Hello there Officer, sir.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I have. Plenty of times to be honest.

The first one was when I was 13 back in 2008, he was my first love. We met up when I traveled to his town (the capital of Sweden) with my family and he joined us for dinner. A year later he came down to me and things continued (note that we weren't together, but we still had our little relationship). I never told him I loved him, I thought it was obvious, we kissed. And a month after he visited me, he got a girlfriend. It broke my heart. And after he broke up with her, he kept asking me to have sex with him. Tat said, we don't talk anymore.

The next one was 2010, I met yet another guy. He wasn't from my town. But he was coming here to a dance competition he was in. So I went and looked. We talked briefly and then he went home. He removed me from his friend list and everything by the evening. I think it was something with his mother, but oh well.

I had two in 2012. The first one was/is a shy guy. We've never met or anything like that, but we still liked each other. I don't like him anymore, but I'm not so sure about him. We're still really good friends and raid multiple times a week together.

The second one was, well, he was special. I liked this guy at the same time as the other one. But I wasn't very sure with myself after the other two. So I just hinted it slightly. Apparently this guy thought I meant business. So he traveled from northern Sweden to me on the west coast for his birthday to be with me. That really freaked me out. He stayed for three days, and I met him on the first day and my mom made a fake call to make me leave. The other days I made up excuses to avoid him. That I was sick. And he offered to come home to me and tend for me. But he went home and we don't talk now either.

Lesson learned: WoW dating is not for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but I'm really an introvert when it comes to real life even though I'm much more chatty online.

Met my husband in WoW in BC, been together almost 6 years now. We talked for quite some time in game before finally meeting, then had a long distance relationship for at least another year before I moved states to live with him.

Other than that, I really don't have much desire to meet anyone in person that I know in game. I did meet one once who also played in my guild, simply because he was RL friends with my husband (they had been in the Navy together), but it was always a bit awkward. You often don't really have much in common other than WoW so you just sit there talking about it when you meet in person. I know someone else who has lived in the same city I live in for at least a year, who I've used to play with in BC and still have on my realID and talk to occasionally, but I really don't have much desire to meet him in person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody likes me, guild leaders have to put the guild first and people don't understand that.

Yes, once. It ended almost immediately, tho.
    No regrets anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    I did back in BC.. met her and all, very nice love story

but cheated with me with another players in WOTLK

Since them i took my rogue role very intense. I'm bad and i don't trust anyone anymore !
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Hello there Officer, sir.
    oh fuck you're right. shes 19 now lol

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I met my wife in WOW. We have been together for 6 years, married for 3. She was the guildleader of a guild that I randomly joined. She would give nicknames to some of the longtime guy members. I told herone day that I wanted a nickname. We talked and she gave me "lover". We started talking a lot after that. I eventually flew out to meet her. She flew back with me and decided to move in with me. About a year later we moved back to her hometown.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

Bashiok

I met my current partner in wow, we've been an item for over 6 years, lived together over 4. She moved here from her own country, a couple of thousand kilometers away (both EU countries) to be with me.

To get a little more personal, we were sort of both in a down period, as we had both just been cheated on a couple of months before.

It was a period where the officers in my guild where busy doing "progression" raiding in our newly opened BT and Sunwell, while I, the non-officer maintank, was then handling most other stuff. Since we were the only guild on the server who had unlocked those raids, we got a swarm of new recruits those days.

So that means I was maintanking and raidleading things like Karazhan, Gruul, SSC and TK for attunements basically all week long.
    And ran people through heroic Shattered Halls every day and such (I still have nightmares).
    I didn't mind it at all, gave me something to put my mind to, given my circumstances and all that.

She joined the guild at that time, trying to devote herself to raiding and forget her pain etc.
    As I was the one who handled most attunement raids, I was the obvious person to also gather information and provide the officers with feedback about trials.
    And so she was one, among many, who spent a lot of time doing instances and raids with me.

It seems I caught her interest, and she started pursuing more contact even as she no longer needed attunement runs.
    We had many chats over long nights in the big tree in the Drag of Orgrimmar (like tons of others I'm sure).

Eventually I came to view her in a different light as well, and we agreed to meet. She visited me and stayed over for a couple of days.
    Needless to say, we hit it off bigtime, and went on to visit each other as regularly as we could afford/manage, being merely university students with limited budgets.

The guild was generally very supportive about this actually, at least to me, and it caused no problems, despite the whole "almost officer - recent trial" situation.
    As it happens however, she can be a somewhat toxic person, and eventually I could not bear the drama of keeping her happy while also not causing issues for the guild.
    I took a break from raiding for a month or two, joined a new guild on an alt, and figured things would be fine then.
    That went fine until that new guild found surprising success, and eventually surpassed the original guild where she was still raiding.
    Once again suffering from drama, I eventually managed to make her quit serious raiding entirely, she really didn't need it anymore.
    She moved in with me shortly after, and things have only gotten better ever since.

In retrospec, I suppose it was largely a rebound for both of us, finding close to exactly what we needed in a time where we were vulnerable.
    A set of coincidences, and one might say we would never have been together if not for our delicate situations, but we are still happily together, talking about getting married and having babies, so I don't really worry about that.
    In the end, apart from it being virtual, it was really not so different from when I met a previous gf in the Chess Club.
    A hobby brought 2 people together at just the right time under just the right circumstances.
    I guess hundreds of millions of relationships have started that way.

As such I am not really bothered by the whole "amg you met teh gurl in WoW?!"
    She is though! Haha its always fun to see her try to worm around admitting it when asked by strangers how we met ^^

Hope you can enjoy the story.

I liked someone just once, a long time ago (back in the Burning Crusade). I was new to the game and joined a cool guild lead by a girl. She helped me learn about the game & gave me gold/items. We were friends in the game, I liked her but never told her. I don't know what happened but I think I rerolled to a PvP server and haven't seen her since. That was the only time I've ever liked someone in WoW.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    Kind of?

I realized it was more to do with me neglecting my relationship with my wife and looking to fill that hole rather than any strong interest in a person I didn't know all that well. So, you know, stopped leading them on, paid more attention to my family and pulled my head out. Stupid, I know.
    That's good though, Very good, So many people don't realize they're just hurting those they already have, in a false pursuit of happiness, then only realize once they lost it all, At least you realized before it was too late

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    Nobody likes me, guild leaders have to put the guild first and people don't understand that.
    Awww <3
    well it has a long story. I met someone back in 2007 that was. A year later we were together, he moved here. After 5 years relationship we're now separate again. Wow brought us together - and got us apart (not the main reason but a small part).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poglia View Post
    I actually met my ex girlfriend in WoW. We dated for about six years but eventually it didn't work well and we ended our relationship. We are still friends though, and sometimes we even play together.
    Same here... well being "friends" isn't that easy, it's still kind of new not being a couple anymore (for me and him, don't know about you). But he's moved back to his hometown now for the start. He also stoppped playing. It's making things easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I don't really like people IRL, even less in game. Not to sound edgy, but that's how it is. In fact my best time in WoW happened when all my friends quit playing.
    I know people live different ways. But still makes me sad…. =(

Deleted
    I've never liked one as in a romance, but I've had some great friend relationships.

I met my wife in WoW back in TBC. Will be married three years in February.

When TBC dropped I was the GM of a guild, after about 3 weeks in, while I was leveling up a new BE pally, a guild officer took the 6 other lvl 70s and moved them to a raiding guild, even though we had planned to start raiding in about a week. I found homes for the guild mates and the disbanded the guild. Took to standing outside of Kara waiting for someone to say they needed a healer.

Join a run with some people that I knew from the ZG days and ran for a few weeks with them as an unguilded. Fast forward about a month and that guild has disbanded due to some loot drama. I met my now wives Character (undead priest) on a zep going from Org to STV and offered to join her new guild to buff up the numbers. I was on most of the time anyway. I just told her that it was on the condition that I was never made an officer. By this time I had been a GM and an officer of 6 other guilds and I got sick of it.

Fast forward about a year and the guild had grown from a close knit group of 20-25 friends to a guild of about 400 accounts and about 150 people on each night. I let her make me an officer and I went from healing to tanking on my pally. We were running 2 25 man teams and 6 10 man teams for raids and since both of us had a lot of alts we were in all of them together in some capacity.

Fast forward to Wrath and I had picked up a DK and as tanking for our main progression team and loot and raid spot drama started happening. After a miserable guild meeting she threw the Guild lead to me and left the guild. I talked with her for an hour or so and just said "screw this again" and disbanded the guild. We went from hyper-raid guild members to super-casual in the space of a few mins. During this time we met in real life and got married about 7 months after.

Cata drops and we put together some of the real friends from the mega-guild and we have slowly been building it back up to 10-20 people and we've kept it small and intend to keep it small and casual. I help farm her pets, she helps me by being the guild lead while I raid lead twice a week.

It works...
    Last edited by Raeph; 2013-12-10 at 05:32 PM.

I've made lots of friends with girls and guys, but never want to meet any of them or tell them anything about my personal life. Just cool people to enjoy the game with. Keeps it simple, relationships in guilds usually seems to create division.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have some facebook friends. All non-relatives are married. I really wouldn't be with anyone that old that is still gaming that much. Unless they get paid to do it.

I guess I could say there was one. It was more of a one way street than anything else.

Definitely a low period in my life. Unemployed and lonely. There was one girl whom I would speak to that would at least make me feel better about myself at the time. Part of me knew that she was just talking to me to just pass the time but I exchanged flirtations just the same.

As time went on maybe a month or 2 I became disillusioned with the fact that this might be something at least that part of me that wanted it to be something more. Of course reality came crashing down leaving me wiser but more broken then ever before.

On the up side because of this incident I became so desperate that when my mother offered to help I accepted. Previously would not have. This lead to my current relationship with whom I am now happily married for 3 years.