Cap on items like Warforged Seals.

Why are there currency caps on items like Warforged Seals? I feel like its pretty arbitrary. I've searched a little, any info on why Blizzard does this? How does it benefit the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    There doesn't really need to be one since you can't get more than 3 a week and if you're not spending them it's hardly like you need them. But they have one anyway.

I think the idea behind the cap is so you use them as your progressing and not hoard them until your farming heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There doesn't really need to be one since you can't get more than 3 a week and if you're not spending them it's hardly like you need them. But they have one anyway.
    Pretty much simply to encourage you to spend them, actually. It matters less now, but for example, if the cap is 12, they don't want you banking all of them while you're progressing through normal then coining every boss ever as you progress through heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well I haven't had much time in the past few weeks to to raid/lfr, so I've been saving them. I am at 9 on one toon, and I'm just curious why such a silly cap exists.

I've been choosing to collect pets and level a few alts, for those wondering why I even sub without time to raid/lfr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Pretty much simply to encourage you to spend them, actually. It matters less now, but for example, if the cap is 12, they don't want you banking all of them while you're progressing through normal then coining every boss ever as you progress through heroic.
    I didn't even think of this, thanks for the insight.