Deleted

Question Klaxxi 10man hc, ¿What to do?

Hi guys

The following week i'll begin to try klaxxi and i'm a little confused about this boss.

Today I have been doing some trys using demon, destro and affy but i'dont know what could be the best choice for this boss. The trys had a duration of 2-3 minutes and i could't make an idea about what could be better to play.

So... anybody can help my please?

Thanks everybody!

Doom x3 can be a fair amount of imps...anything more than that and you are cheesing. Demo is nice for the fight, aff probably leads the cheese if you SS more than the few times a target swap is called for but is still solid when not cheesing. (especially the opener as troll) Destro is probably lowest skada dps but very functional....it does start/stop dps well, can cleave shadowburn, and ember tap can really save your life. That said play what suits your guild's strat best.

I think Destruction(GoSac/KJC) is the best spec to play here for effective damage.

Mobs (including parasites) should be grouped most of the time allowing you to RoF for the majority of the encounter.
    Havoc filler(not consumer) also provides extra effective damage.
    You can store embers for the crucial moments of the fight and if handled correctly top damage on the important targets with CB spam (Skeer, Korven and Xaril).

Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    I think Destruction(GoSac/KJC) is the best spec to play here for effective damage.
    This^

Was destruction on our kill (granted it was 25m) because over the duration of the fight you'll see more effective dps during the fight and improved survivability. I personally had to soak aims and gosac + sac pact means I don't take damage from them so no risky deaths, destruction looks worse on short progression pulls but pulls ahead of aff once opener burst wears off and this fight is LONG so it definitely does. Bursting kunchongs and the dps checks with chaosberts is always nice and ember tap is the bees knees as always.

Demo is all around meh this tier especially after the hefty nerfs so I've yet to find a reason to spec it.

@Bacon - the main reason for me to play demo this tier is that its the least boring on the upcoming 6'ish months of farming. I always feel like there is a better parse or more I could have done in terms of using my DF better. Destro and aff feel like as long as I cover my bases/basics I pretty much did what I could baring better RNG. Might just be 100% in my head though.

My fallback is dest/gosac/KJC for progression on the later bosses...it just works well in the most situations.

I did demo for our kill on 25m - Doom x 3 is how demo was meant to be played ^^ - add in the fact that all of the aoe damage is physical, and demo has the bonus armour, makes it a bit more forgiving.

Also, you can use dark apoth glyph to help soak the terrible aim's where you get whirl down the aim line - you lose fury, but you aren't dead :P

Damage wise, we had an affi lock, destro lock, and two demo's on our first kill I think - it is hard to separate out the useful damage of the latter two, but damage to burn targets during each window seemed fairly equal - affi lost a lot of its burst because we don't lust on the pull though, ymmv.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-12-11 at 11:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    add in the fact that all of the aoe damage is physical, and demo has the bonus armour, makes it a bit more forgiving.
    If I remember correctly, the bonusarmor through meta got removed a long long time ago and is now DA only. or is there any passiv buff I don´t know about?
    edit: seems that they just removed it from the tooltip
    @3 Doom: did you use UVLS? heard thats still viable for klaxxi, but personally never played demo this content. otherway it sounds a bit like cheesing, since a big part of your damage is wasted.

I played destro on our kills together with glyph of havoc to have more burst during important parts of the fight (like korven. burn all but one embers, use havoc and refill them again. that way I can get 3 chaosbolts, 4 shadowburns + some fillerspells through during the burn phase). also destro got a WAY better survivability compared to the other speccs - since the whole boss havn´t got any "real" dps checks, it´s all about surviving. You´ll help your guild the most by just staying alive
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2013-12-12 at 11:34 PM.

Survival due to self healing of destro tends to beat a situational bit of mitigation from demo. As for trinket choice on demo some have used UVLS, I just used black blood. Pretty much with high int stacks your crit can get near 50%'ish (depending on other base stats ofc). 3x dooms is 2x of them being cheese damage but they still spawn imps which follow your kill target. Since its just 3x gcd's/minute and not a ton of DF to do it IS a single target increase. Basically get a few procs > doom x3 > keep pushing kill target. Sort of like using havoc for ember building spells as destro....it ends up a single target increase to spend 1x gcd to get the extra embers even if the havoc damage is wasted. (Note: using havoc for ember consumers is generally "padding")

add in the fact that all of the aoe damage is physical, and demo has the bonus armour, makes it a bit more forgiving.
    Aim is not mitigated by armor even though it is physical damage.

Edit: got curious about other abilities decided to skim through our logs. hiseks dmg doesn't appear to be mitigated by armor on multishot either. Reave is difficult to tell because of how the mechanic works but assuming the plate melee in my raid weren't any closer than the leather melee in my raid to the boss then that isn't being mitigated by armor either.

and no other unavoidable aoe dmg during the fight is physical.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2013-12-14 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    @3 Doom: did you use UVLS
    No, but I do have h bboy to try next week, woo ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Aim is not mitigated by armor even though it is physical damage.

Edit: got curious about other abilities decided to skim through our logs. hiseks dmg doesn't appear to be mitigated by armor on multishot either. Reave is difficult to tell because of how the mechanic works but assuming the plate melee in my raid weren't any closer than the leather melee in my raid to the boss then that isn't being mitigated by armor either.

and no other unavoidable aoe dmg during the fight is physical.
    Mmm, idk, unless there has been a change since our first week, the 'avoidable' physical damage from hisek is all modified by armour.
    My guild has 4 locks soaking aim, so there are times I have to eat whirl, and sometimes when it is really close to hisek spraying his crap - I don't deliberately eat avoidable damage, but I can't say I perfectly avoid while making it to the guy in aim on the far side of hisek during a dance, etc. In DA, you take ~300k from hisek's aoe. Demo leap, and that sort of survival safety net is just really nice for me
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-12-15 at 11:22 PM.

demo - padding, armor hasn't reduced any raid damage at all in this expansion, it's ok to get carried :P

Mmm, idk, unless there has been a change since our first week, the 'avoidable' physical damage from hisek is all modified by armour.
    My guild has 4 locks soaking aim, so there are times I have to eat whirl, and sometimes when it is really close to hisek spraying his crap - I don't deliberately eat avoidable damage, but I can't say I perfectly avoid while making it to the guy in aim on the far side of hisek during a dance, etc. In DA, you take ~300k from hisek's aoe. Demo leap, and that sort of survival safety net is just really nice for me
    DA has % damage reduction that scales with mastery. Physical damage reduction =/= armors effect on physical damage.

Can't speak on the avoidable mechanics as I haven't bothered looking them up since being able to mitigate avoidable damage is not really a good argument for a spec. I'm a human on top of being a warlock so between unbound will and human trinket I personally have a hard time ever having to eat whirling. Honestly with unbound will alone I don't imagine you should often get into a situation where you should have to eat whirling. (If by some miracle your guild doesn't control dps at all and has timings that end up making aim line up with whirling or something besides rapid fire)

In a worst case scenario where you do absolutely have to eat whirling or rapid fire and can't avoid it because you're the aim target my guild has people call for a bop. I do miss leap sometimes, bout the only thing demonology has that I miss when playing other specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    demo - padding, armor hasn't reduced any raid damage at all in this expansion, it's ok to get carried :P
    at least the bombs on IJ while not raid wide having armor helps out a lot. Not sure about thok, seeing the tanks take close to no damage, but might be due to active mitigation, and usually having issues with priest and mages, but happens that pala has issues too, so cant really tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    DA has % damage reduction that scales with mastery. Physical damage reduction =/= armors effect on physical damage.

Can't speak on the avoidable mechanics as I haven't bothered looking them up since being able to mitigate avoidable damage is not really a good argument for a spec. I'm a human on top of being a warlock so between unbound will and human trinket I personally have a hard time ever having to eat whirling. Honestly with unbound will alone I don't imagine you should often get into a situation where you should have to eat whirling. (If by some miracle your guild doesn't control dps at all and has timings that end up making aim line up with whirling or something besides rapid fire)

In a worst case scenario where you do absolutely have to eat whirling or rapid fire and can't avoid it because you're the aim target my guild has people call for a bop. I do miss leap sometimes, bout the only thing demonology has that I miss when playing other specs.
    I did not say DA gives bonus armour, I said it is a nice oshi button when required. Running 10% mitig / SL, it gives on-demand survival at a dps cost, which is acceptable to me vs using a brez. I don't know if 10m has the same problem, but ~8 targets in a row has a very high chance of at least one whirl-dash going down the aim line. This isn't innately fatal, but you can't call a bop on the whole soak team.

As to unbound will, it would be okay if you only soak nearby aims with whoever else is around, but I am in every aim. This is also the reason I wouldn't want to give up demo leap - I need to be able to cover 180degrees of the room within the aim window, even when amber/rapid fire is happening at the same time (ie, I am ~70-80 yards away from where I want to be, and someone put amber on my demon port again). I might be overly survival/mobility focused, but the main wipe causes before we killed it were early brez attrition (largely not enough soakers making it to aim) and people feeling sorry for hungry kunchongs. I can control one of these things

As to 'controlling' damage - say that again? Hiseks abilities, and whirl are on timers, occasionally delayed by higher priority abilities the boss wishes to cast at the time. You can't decide to hold off so that aim doesn't line up with amber / dance / whirl. The only time we want to hold off on murdering bugs is to wait for the third scorpion cast.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-12-17 at 12:55 AM.

When you kill the bosses determines when bosses spawn and when they use different abilities.... It's a controlled dps fight...