I just hit 90, what do I do?

So I just came back to the game after a year or so hiatus. I saw the end of Cataclysm but my working life left me in a position where I couldn't commit the time anymore but that's changed again and I've decided to pick it back up. Because of this I haven't seen any of the changes and haven't read a patch note in well over a year. Before Pandaria I used to raid hardcore.

So what have I missed? Are there any definite factions I need rep for like Therazane or similar? Any decent mounts worth farming? Any quest chains that open up something I'll want? Any achievements I should check out? I'm open to anything and everything. I more or less haven't touched the expansion.

If you didn't play the last year what would you want someone to tell you about?

Thanks in advance!

"We know you pay your $15 a month. But the rest of the raids $375 wants you to get out of fire." - Haxzorr

Deleted
    1. Go to Timeless Isle and gear up your character.
    2. Do some raids in Raid Finder.
    3. Kill world bosses for gear (use new raid browser to quickly find groups).
    4. Every single faction on Pandaria gives you a mount at exalted so do dailies to get them.
    5. Check out Scenarios and Heroic Scenarios.
    6. Complete some Challenge mode dungeos for cool transmog items.
    7. Check out Pet Battles.
    8. Check out new solo PvE arena (Brawler's guild).
    9. Raise your professions.
    10. When you're geared enough try out Flexible, Normal and Heroic difficulty raids.
    11. And ofc don't forget about PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    certain lucrative crafting recipes are gated by faction, but luckily enchants are not like they were in Cata
    also level up your Sunsong ranch/Tiller repuation to make money by farming...

if you want you could try to work on the legendary quest line (but the whole thing takes a couple months to finish)

you can usually queue for LFR raids while wandering around the timeless isle looking for things to kill (Timeless isle exists to help recent 90s gear up to pre-(LFR) Siege of Orgrimmar quality gear...)
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-12-11 at 05:18 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Yeah as ganker said, timeless isle. You get free 496 gear. You just have to place some dps on a rare, and you get free lewt.

There's a great guide on reddit. Just google it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say, first time around you shouldn't do Timeless isle. Why? You get to experience the gearing process. I like that. Slowly grinding the gear, finally getting that last piece so you can get into LFR.

Now, if that doesn't sound like your thing: Go to Timeless Isle, loot all the chests, kill rares, kill all world bosses with focus on Oondasta, Celestials and Nalak, in no particular order. You can't do Ordos yet as he requires a legendary cloak on your account. Outside of that, dungeons, heroic scenarios, LFR, Flex, normal+ if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    4. Every single faction on Pandaria gives you a mount at exalted so do dailies to get them.
    10. When you're geared enough try out Flexible, Normal and Heroic difficulty raids.
    Sweet list! I keep forgetting there are scenarios to do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    I'd say, first time around you shouldn't do Timeless isle. Why? You get to experience the gearing process. I like that. Slowly grinding the gear, finally getting that last piece so you can get into LFR.

Now, if that doesn't sound like your thing: Go to Timeless Isle, loot all the chests, kill rares, kill all world bosses with focus on Oondasta, Celestials and Nalak, in no particular order. You can't do Ordos yet as he requires a legendary cloak on your account. Outside of that, dungeons, heroic scenarios, LFR, Flex, normal+ if you want.
    I agree with this. I usually like the first time through, I strongly dislike the catchup process. I've usually had some sort of new main for each expansion, so it felt like it was their journey and theirs alone. Slowly getting some never used alt to 90 and instantly hitting I level 500 due to timeless isle and getting insta queue to SoO as a tank was rather hilarious and obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    That's a really sweet and helpful list. Thanks, bro! I'll be back to check on this. Guess I'll aim for some reputation and maybe a little gear. I don't really see myself raiding in the next six months but who knows, stranger things have happened.

"We know you pay your $15 a month. But the rest of the raids $375 wants you to get out of fire." - Haxzorr