Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
  1. #321
    this again.. yes its ok, for a smooth run. My main was @ 565 ilvl with a ToT TF ring. The flex ring from Blackfuse is an upgrade even at that level.

    yesterday a guy was asking for 550+ for part 3. My 552 warrior is still rocking a 522 neck.
    When raid got full he invited 2-3 friends at (ballparking) 510-520 ilvl so everyone left.

    Thing is, there are high ilvl players that still have low ilvl gear they want to replace. There are people asking for high ilvl players to either be carried themself or help friends get carried.

    if you dont like, MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP.

  2. #322
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Fearin View Post

    if you dont like, MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP.
    resoundingly the above statement. you will get a lot more done, well wipes anyway, forming your own low gear group then bringing up a rant on a third party forum.





    There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

  3. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    picked up a couple of new players to the guild who had been out most of the expansion. caught them in LF"R" and had to pull a WFT? So put a flex together with 14 players who were mostly 560 or above and gotta say it went smooth as silk. The two below 550 non guild members were the only ones to die repeatedly. go figure.

    just saying.
    whats your point? the two random people died in flex? yeah, so what?

  4. #324
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    whats your point? the two random people died in flex? yeah, so what?
    the two "oh take me I am undergeared but I know the fights"----------------- their quotes, died almost every pull in both wings we did.
    that narrowing it down for you a bit?





    There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

  5. #325
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    the two "oh take me I am undergeared but I know the fights"----------------- their quotes, died almost every pull in both wings we did.
    that narrowing it down for you a bit?
    so two people lied to you about knowing tactics and were undergeared, yet you still took them and boosted them, sounds like they win to me. they done well.

    doesn't mean everyone who is undergeared will die every pull though, some players are good.

  6. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychus View Post
    The point of that: an illustrative demonstration of "but people play how they want" not being, itself, an unassailable Jedi hand-wave that makes someone a fine and upstanding, moral and ethical Warcraft citizen.
    "Some people decide to kill other people, therefore all decisions are suspect."

    There is some truth to what you're saying, but you're muddying the waters heavily.

    There's a direct & clear purpose for wanting toons who have demonstrably done the content previously and who have the capacity to do it easily.

    Personally I absolutely choose oQueue style groups with higher iLvl averages. Life's too short to be annoyed with strangers failing. 540+ or the highest my own toon can muster (e.g. my monk's at 536 so I don't typically waitlist anything below 530 unless it looks particularly good). I do base a significant part of my judgement off the armory of the raid leader tho tbh.

    When I'm running my weekly flex with friends, I'm equally happy to bring along toons in sub 500 ilvl to flex Garrosh - provided i've got enough high dps/hps in raid to balance it out. Just wiping all evening isn't fun, so once or twice I've asked a handful of the lowest performers to step out for a boss & then reinvited them afterwards. However most of the raid has normally been at 500-530 ilvl because I don't mind carrying friends, or friends of friends, and I can rely on them to be more competent & more pleasant on average.

    But carrying strangers is just obnoxious. Rarely have I met someone in a PUG & decided they were such a sparkling and charming personality that I wanted them around despite the fact their gear blew and their play was iffy.

    Cos the odds are, if your gear is low your experience is too... there are people gearing alts, but good players tend to be capable of getting good gear quite rapidly.
    Last edited by lakhesis; 2013-12-20 at 03:34 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •