Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    P.S. What is the "correct " term, and what is "politically correct" and what is "derogatory" changes every few years/every generation.

I could be slightly inaccurate but first even they called themselves Negros. Then that was derogatory. So they where black. Then that was Derogatory. Then they where African Americans. Then that was derogatory (or at least inaccurate as Black people not from Africa didnt want to be called african). Now they are Black again.

It is the same with Midgets, Dwarves, Little People, Whatever is correct now.

It doesnt help that no one can agree on it. And by "it" I mean Anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I don't. I'm white, they're black, anyone from an asian country is asian. I don't give two shits if it's suddenly considered racist or not; it's been like that forever, people understand what it means, end of story.

You are only <country>-American if you PHYSICALLY CAME FROM THERE. Where you born on territory owned by the USA? Then you're fucking American. Did you come here from another country, but now permanently live here? Then you're <country>-American. I flat out refuse to call anyone an African-American unless they can prove to me they actually came from there. If we're going by background, them I'm a Scot-Native-Irish-English-Gods only know whatelse-American.

Also, I typically don't just use the word 'black' by itself. It's usually 'black guy' or 'black chick'. Unless you were raised in a cave, you know what I'm referring to. I am not using the word in a derogatory way or meaning, I am simply using it as a description. If I pointed at a group of guys and said, "Go talk to that dude over there", you'd look at me like I had four eyes. But of the one I was referring to was black, and I said as much, you'd know to talk to the black dude.

This wasn't even a fucking issue when I was a kid. What has gotten into you people lately? Good fucking god, people get offended at the stupidest shit now a days.
    It was an issue when you where a Kid. Maybe you didnt see it. Maybe the people in your community had a consensus. Thats what happens when people live with each other. They talk the same.

And no if someone is born from somewhere else they would be African/Asian/Whatever. There is a grammatical difference between Asian-American and an American who happens to be of Asian decent (Or American who is Asian).
    The first describes the Origins of the American's heritage, the second Lists what his Country is and then lists what his ethnic is.

Country and Ethnic are not the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never understood this. If they are African Americans, Shouldn't the other Americans be know as English Americans, French Americans, Spanish Americans etc.?
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Lots of Frenchmen who are canadian citizens then.

And british, french, puerto ricans, jaimacan's and chinese and Korean people who are american citizens.
    Doesn't Canadian French have its own accent distinct from mainland French?

If I met a Chinese person with an American accent I would consider them American.

If you have one of those half-and-half accents, like if a Korean learned US English, then I'd consider that person half-and-half Korean and American.

There are a very small number of people able to perfectly imitate a foreign accent, eg an Indian might learn to speak British English with a flawless accent, but normally that would mean they'd spent a lot of time there. And in any case, it has to be your default accent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spelle View Post
    the reason u cant joke about blacks are cuz ppl are retarded and take everything way 2 serious
    Of maybe because he isn't funny or just being a dick? Many white standup comedians tell jokes about black people all the time.

I really get sick of these threads

PEOPLE CAN CALL THEMSELVES WHATEVER THEY WANT!

it doesn't effect you in the slightest who f**king cares
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    I really get sick of these threads

PEOPLE CAN CALL THEMSELVES WHATEVER THEY WANT!

it doesn't effect you in the slightest who f**king cares
    Perhaps if your sick of these threads, you should stay out of them.

You're obviously upset by it.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

i'm not gonna lie
    I genuinely hate people on the internet who act like they never seen or talked to a black person before.

this stupid topic comes up every other week on these forums.
    I am a black person

call me a black guy or a African-American guy I nor any other black person I've known throughout my entire lifetime will actually give a F**k
    An if you people would actually get off the internet and get to actually know a person of color you would realize this
    Last edited by PlatedPriest; 2013-12-23 at 06:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post

Its really is a stupid thread that pops up every other month. Like PlatedPriest said, a culture should be allowed to be called whatever they asked to be called. Not many black people call themselves 'African American' anyway, and when they do there is a reason why (which has been brought up several times in this thread).

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i'm not gonna lie
    I genuinely hate people on the internet who act like they never seen or talked to a black person before.

this stupid topic comes up every other week on these forums.
    I am a black person

call me a black guy or a African-American guy I nor any other black person I've known throughout my entire lifetime will actually give a F**k
    An if you people would actually get off the internet and get to actually know a person of color you would realize this
    The real world is scary. That's why it's easier and more comfortable for them to stay in their "Bubble of Dumb" and listen to other equally stupid/sheltered people on the internet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I don't. I'm white, they're black, anyone from an asian country is asian. I don't give two shits if it's suddenly considered racist or not; it's been like that forever, people understand what it means, end of story.
    Funny thing is that Chinese apparently call themselves "the yellow people", and yellow has a very positive connotation in their culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone from Asia is not called Asian neither. How many brown people from Asia are called Asian? The Arabs (who get called Muslim regardless of religion), Indians, Palestinians, Armenians, etc. None of them are called 'Asian' despite their cultures, ethnicities, nationalities being from Asia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems really complicated, what if your father is Indian and English and your mother is African-American are you then Indian-English-African-American? And what about a sentance like "It is hard for me to comprehend the racism black people are subjected to" How do you know wheter you are referencing only African-Americans and should use that or all black people thus African-American would be the wrong term.

I dont think segregation even if it's verbal is really the best solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Kind of disrespectful depending on context.
    is calling someone white disrespectful?

ive never once demanded a person call me caucasian.

its a double standard if you think its disrespectul to say black but youre a white person who isnt offended by being called white

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Its really is a stupid thread that pops up every other month. Like PlatedPriest said, a culture should be allowed to be called whatever they asked to be called. Not many black people call themselves 'African American' anyway, and when they do there is a reason why (which has been brought up several times in this thread).
    I like to call myself "bronze" because of my mixed lineage.

I can has bronze on job applications and tests now?

You pale people still don't get it. *hint* It's an acronym.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    We have had multiple threads of white people complaining that black people were offended over some racist thing some white person said.
    Here we have a thread of white people offended over something some racist black person said.
    The key difference is that the white people in this thread aren't being told "shut up stop being offended get over it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dashflash890 View Post
    You pale people still don't get it. *hint* It's an acronym.
    it´s like token trying to explain the n-word to stan