Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Tbqh, I think someone in the NSA/FBI/Etc. did this purposefully just so they could have an entire department that plays WoW all day and gets paid for it.

NSA Raiding Guilds.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    Well I guess it does do make some sense, you know, how islamic terrorists do like to be surrounded by 72 virgins.

Haha

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Horns iam sure of it.
    he is not draenei!
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

I think it´s neither funny nor offensive. Conan´s "clueless gamer" is 20 times better.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusrules View Post
    Man oh man , I could not have had a better waking up today

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo..._121013_tds_12

I mean yeah its offensive to us players but hey , its daily show and I laughed a lot so
    Not offensive in any way. I just find it hillarious how bad they've been at making the parody. He's an indian dwarf paladin with priest abilities standing in the Pandaren starting zone. I don't think I've ever heard anyone making gaming jokes or parodies on TV that haven't been embarrasingly inaccurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Not offensive in any way. I just find it hillarious how bad they've been at making the parody. He's an indian dwarf paladin with priest abilities standing in the Pandaren starting zone. I don't think I've ever heard anyone making gaming jokes or parodies on TV that haven't been embarrasingly inaccurate.
    To be fair, South Park's WoW episode was pretty accurate in a sense.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

15+ Year Old Account
    maybe that´s part of the parody, i mean at least one must be playing wow at comedy central...
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    You know they were right when after a parody all some WoW players can talk about is how inaccurate they were on the specific gaming details...

Deleted
    They obviously heard that Garrosh was creating weapons of mass destruction and already bombed a city called Theramore.

As for the sketch, I really like it despite the inaccuracy, doesn't matter for 99% of the viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    How was it offensive to players? I thought the bit about how silly it was that people aren't who they say they are in an online game spot on.
    Well, the typical " you play games your a virgin" arguments :P but as I said, its a satire and iam ok with it hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Yeah, the reasoning isn't that wow players will become terrorists, the reason the NSA tracks WoW is simple.

It can be used as a safe line to convey orders through whispers. I know it sounds insane, but I can see where they're coming from. Why would someone from lets exagerate Afghanistan play on US servers? It might just be that he relays orders to sleeper cells in code.
    That is totally not an exaggeration tho.
    I played with a kid from Egypt when the servers were still shut down in that part of the world and they were not meant to hop on. He would constantly be up to funky shit like scamming server xfers, gold, PVP ranks, fake accounts and whatnot. We used to get min by min info on the riots and drama over there over vent, when we were just shooting the shit and all. Thing is, other then abusing the game he had no malicious intent but you know, I/we had access to a person in that part of the world, telling us directly what was happening there. It's totally realistic for spies to look at WOW or any other international game like that for potential threats or information.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    He's an indian dwarf paladin with priest abilities standing in the Pandaren starting zone.
    Seriously? You care about that? That doesn't even remotely matter here. Well I guess some of us find it funny, others just get to pick on details.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roest View Post
    Seriously? You care about that? That doesn't even remotely matter here. Well I guess some of us find it funny, others just get to pick on details.
    i´m waiting for the guy that knows what equippment he´s wearing and that it´s not meant for a paladin

Deleted
    The whole sketch was pretty bad IMO. I thought we'd moved past the whole "people who play computer games are virgins HAHAHAHAHA" thing.

I think the glaring inaccuracies are part of the satire. At least, because the things they were accurate on would seem to me more obscure for the uninformed than what they didn't get right. Clearly someone in the writing staff plays enough to have fed them that accurate information about elves and such. Also John knew that as a Dwarf (even though he looked more like an elf) Greychalk would have hailed from Dun Morogh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    The whole sketch was pretty bad IMO. I thought we'd moved past the whole "people who play computer games are virgins HAHAHAHAHA" thing.
    I've seen way better WoW playing parodies. I.e. Make Love not Warcraft, or Conan O'Brien at Blizzcon 2013.

But wouldn't it be crazy if all the bads on LFR were actually NSA agents? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I found this pretty unfunny. Also, why does every line need to be yelled?

It's more noisy than funny.
    Jon Stewart lost me when Obama was elected to be honest.

Back when Bush was president he was all edgy and anti-establishment. And then because he liked Obama he suddenly became all pro-establishment. So his show went from making fun of the establishment, to making fun of people who question the establishment. Now he's trying to be all anti-establishment again. Sorry Jon, you just not funny anymore.

I am more interested in the first second of that clip..
    tentacles and a schoolgirl.

"What have I done with my life, Jon?"

Reason why to quit, right there.

Its not ment to be accurate, it meant to be funny. Learn to take a joke.
    Strangely enough it validates their stereotype that gamers take their game way to serious.