Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is it just me or are these MoP dungeons ubearable?

I've been running chain heroics to gear up my lesser used alts for the upcoming expansion, and I have to say the heroics in this expansion are unbearable. I'm talking Stormstout Brewery, Mogu'Shan Palace, Shado-Pan Monastary, Siege of Niuzao Temple. Basically every one except the classic dungeons. I used to think doing Culling of Strat 4 times a day was rough back in Wrath, but jesus I miss those days. It could be due to the low volume of heroics introduced with this patch.

Anyone else agree dungeons are a bit weak this time around?
    Last edited by Bloodninja; 2013-12-12 at 01:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post
    I've been running chain heroics to gear up my lesser used alts for the upcoming expansion, and I have to say the heroics in this expansion are unbearable. I'm talking Stormstout Brewery, Mogu'Shan Palace, Shado-Pan Monastary, Siege of Niuzao Temple. Basically every one except the classic dungeons. I used to think doing Culling of Strat 4 times a day was rough back in Wrath, but jesus I miss those days. It could be due to the low volume of heroics introduced with this patch.

Only ones I don't sigh when I see are Gate of the Setting Sun, and Mogu'Shan Palace. The one I think is the most weak out of all, is Siege. such a slow dungeon. And when you're grinding justice points on a geared healer, you feel like falling asleep.

Deleted
    i don't mind them to be honest. if you get a good group most mechanics can be cheated, so bosses that are meant to have 2-3 phases only have 1, speeds it up a lot. i prefer MoP dungeons to some wrath ones though.... fucking halls of stone

I don't mind most of them, and i'm actually relatively fond of Temple of the Jade Serpent.

I loathe Stormstout Brewery, though. It has hozen and virmen, neither of which needed to exist in the game for any reason, both of which I will be well glad to be rid of come WoD. Hell, I almost went back to the Alliance for MoP just because the Horde is forced to ally with the Hozen in Jade Forest, while the Alliance get to ally with Jinyu. Only the facts that I do love my current guild and there are hozen you have to work with on the farm for both factions stayed my hand.

(On my druid, I'm planning on not completing the Jade Forest quest line. I will get far enough to make the hozen flee in terror, then find other ways to level until I can move on; the forest hozen will forever run in terror from me, as it should be)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Back in BC people complained saying, "Shattered Halls is too hard and its annoying and its a waste of time, Magister's terrace sucks. I hate the underbog. Why is slave pens required? Do you remember Scholomance and Sunken Temple? Those were great.
    For the record...
    During Vanilla: Liked most dungeons, never got to finish BRD, wasn't max level before TBC came out.
    During TBC: Loved heroics, favorites being Shattered Halls and Shadow Labyrinth (with good groups), and Magister's Terrace (with a guild group)
    During Wrath: Enjoyed heroics, loved the ICC heroics at the end, but found all others absurdly easy (got the speed run in Culling of Stratholme the day I hit 80, with a group of other people who had also just hit 80, none of us having done any other heroics and thus using only leveling gear). Disliked Halls of Stone for the stupid RP boss, disliked pugging Halls of Reflection, didn't mind any others.
    During Cataclysm: Enjoyed Deadmines, enjoyed Vortex Pinnacle, enjoyed Halls of Origination, didn't like any others (maybe Zul'Aman, but it made me sad to see it as a 5-man instead of a raid).
    During MoP: See my last post.

So.... if I had to rank the expansions from best to worst for heroics in my personal opinion, it would be TBC > WotLK >= MoP > Cataclysm.

Back in Wrath people bitched about Wrath dungeons and were like, "Remember Magister's Terrace? That was a great place. I use'd to love underbog and slave pens! Oh shattered halls was great."

Back in BC people complained saying, "Shattered Halls is too hard and its annoying and its a waste of time, Magister's terrace sucks. I hate the underbog. Why is slave pens required? Do you remember Scholomance and Sunken Temple? Those were great.

In short; nothings wrong except your rose tinted glasses.
    I doubt you ever heard a single people say many of these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I doubt you ever heard a single people say many of these things.
    I've heard lots of people say that about Scholomance and other Vanilla dungeons. Maybe not Sunken Temple, but yeah, I have heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I've heard lots of people say that about Scholomance and other Vanilla dungeons. Maybe not Sunken Temple, but yeah, I have heard it.
    I didn't say ALL, I said MANY. Yeah, I have personally said a few, and there is nothing wrong with that. I loved MGT. I know 50% of MMO-C seems to think liking ANYTHING that is a little older or not current makes you some kind of filthy, mentally challenged nostalgia fiend that has glued rose tinted goggles to your face.... but seriously?

Ralgarog needs to get real.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodninja View Post

I have to agree with you on this. MoP dungeons/heroics have got to be the most uninspiring piece of work in the game yet. The Brewery is probably one of the most annoying dungeons with some stupid boss fights. I can't believe it but when I did play the game, I actually skipped the entire heroic gearing process. Well I was on a break at the launch of the game. So when I game back, I had a bit of an easier time so that helped a bit, but I barely ran any of the Heroic Dungeons. I probably did around 5-6 in total.

I came back after 5.2 was out but I just couldn't be bothered to do the dungeons since it the whole design with Justice Points was flawed.

Back in Wrath people bitched about Wrath dungeons and were like, "Remember Magister's Terrace? That was a great place. I use'd to love underbog and slave pens! Oh shattered halls was great."

I don't really know what you talking about, but I was one of those that greatly enjoyed the WTLK dungeons. The atmosphere, design, boss fights, everything you could possibly name was unique. Utgrade Pinnacle felt amazing. I loved the whole Viking feel to the place and Proto Dragons. And coming to see that you actually got to see some of the bosses from these dungeons in ICC, was even more amazing.

I started in Wrath, so I didn't focus a lot on raiding. I mostly simply spent all my time running Heroics and they were a lot of fun. Sure there may be few, but their reasoning pretty much was that it was "face roll". Still the WTLK heroics/dungeons were miles and I mean a million times better than what we have.

I would even go out and say that the WTLK dungeons probably had some of the best dungeons in the game. I just couldn't get into the whole "alien" "sci-fi" crap TBC had going with it with those mutant plants, naga and stuff. I totally loved the Vikings, Trolls, Undead, Nerubian, and Dragons thing they had going for it. Even the ICC heroics were so much fun. I simply did those like a hundred times and not once was I ever bored with them.

I get what you're saying, but I'm not convinced. Back in vanilla I used to do tribute runs and strat, scholo, Dire Maul, ubrs, lbrs and BRD just for fun. In tbc I used to do MgT heroic runs after every raid night with guildies just for fun (though I suppose some of the guildies I did them with may have needed something) and I ran karazhan every week even though it had been months since I needed any gear. I haven't done anything like that since. I don't remember doing anything like that since wotlk launched. Something must have changed (and it may be me) but it certainly isn't just nostalgia.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, they are really bad. The same goes for the questing experience in Pandaria.

heh pandaland dungeons unbearable

Not only are they way to easy tuning wise ... the bosses aren't even fun; the mechanics are sooooooooooo straight forward and boring. Hoping that they do better in WoD.

Actually, in BC I thought Shattered Halls and Slab were a blast, and MGT was a quick face roll for trinkets and mount.

Most heroics since have been crap, except for the Culling of Stratholme, but that was mostly due to the story.
    Last edited by Buttfear; 2013-12-12 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Not only are they way to easy tuning wise ... the bosses aren't even fun; the mechanics are sooooooooooo straight forward and boring. Hoping that they do better in WoD.
    I agree. I appreciate the art and story, but the mechanics are dull, the boss way too easy..

They are cheesy and bad. I know WoW does cheesy from time to time, but the developers did bad in MoP when it came to cheesy. Oh yeah and a bloody joke from the get go making WotLK normals seem hard. The MoP heroics was actually easier for me than the normals at appropriate level. I am not sure what the developers was thinking when shooting for WotLK heroic difficulty.

They are still pretty cool. The visuals and voice acting are fun, and the encounters are fun.

I like them. I wish they were harder. I wish they gave more XP while leveling. But I like them because I like 5-mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has, in the past several expansions, survived end-game solely on heroics, I am at a complete loss for words on how terribad these are. I mean, seriously. I was in one (I think Mogu'shan palace?) where there are two ways to go, a boss on either side. Routinely the tank would go kill the water dude, and the rest of the party would go kill the guys in the library (I'm sorry, I'm on sleeping pills, I'm having a hell of a time remembering names atm). WTF is that? There's just no challenge to this. At the end of Wrath, those three instances, Pit, Halls, and I forget the other...Forge or something? I freaking LOVED those. They were actually challenging even if you only sort of out-geared them. Granted, raiders could faceroll them. But in the 1,000+ times I ran those instances, I actually felt like I accomplished something when we completed them.

Was the same way in Cata. Those three epic instances were absolutely amazing. Murazond or w/e his name was was a real challenge if your tank was undergeared and you didn't figure out the fight. Same fighting Azshara. I can't tell you how many times people would forget to interrupt her, we'd all get MC'd, and down we go. I loved those instances more than any others. They weren't exactly hard, but you couldn't just faceroll through them. You had to pay attention.

Then we get to MoP...where are those instances? Right, there aren't any. We get nothing new at all, we're stuck with just the regular old heroics of instances we got bored with leveling in the first place. They basically force us into LFR, and then to say they're sorry, they give us Timeless Isle where you can completely outgear most of the LFR raids. And then, of course, you either hop into raids, or you do...well, nothing, really.

Not everyone likes doing raids, and prefers to stick to 5-mans. I do. It pissed me off so much when I found out they weren't releasing that last trio of instances. All 12 or so of my 90s are completely geared in Timeless Isle gear (except necklaces...fuck, those things NEVER drop), I did LFR a couple of times on 3 or 4 chars just to see what it was like, and said thanks but no fucking thanks. I don't spend enough time online to get into a raid group/guild, which is why I like sticking to 5-mans.

The questing in MoP was only so-so; Jade Forest was awesome, and it just went downhill from there. Then for most of the expansion, they expected us to grind out rep to gear up. Then they basically just dropped VP vendors all together and forced us into TI/LFR/raiding. Many of my chars are VP capped, my one friend who actually raids is VP capped. After upgrading gear, there's just nothing to use it on at all, so you sit at cap. Good job, Blizzard. And before, when there WERE vendors to spend it on, you had to spend days and days doing fucking dailies to get your rep high enough with them in order to buy from them. Fuck that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait.. why in the hell would you run heroics for gear now? Heroics will drop 463 blues. Your alts can ride around Timeless and in 30 minutes grab a bunch of 496 gear. Plus, well, gearing for expansions never makes sense as the initial quests drop great gear compared to the stuff a non-raiding alt will have.

And the heroics are fine. They're too easy, but they're fine.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't understand the point of setting foot in a L90 heroic except maybe to grind panda rep.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Wait.. why in the hell would you run heroics for gear now? Heroics will drop 463 blues. Your alts can ride around Timeless and in 30 minutes grab a bunch of 496 gear. Plus, well, gearing for expansions never makes sense as the initial quests drop great gear compared to the stuff a non-raiding alt will have.

And the heroics are fine. They're too easy, but they're fine.
    The valor gear is a big upgrade for my alts I'm not planning on raiding with.