Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Christie Golden's: War Crimes

not really sure where to put this, WoW general seemed appropriate.

anyhoo, I never really read any World of Warcraft books before, but somehow i find the game currently a lot more involving lore wise then it was before (this is not a thread to discuss that particular opinion) and therefor i have a couple of questions about this book, seeing this is the first time i would actually like to read it. I'm curious of some of you lore/book junkies know more about it.

1) Can this book be connsidered cannon?
    2) Where would i buy it in Holland?
    3) is there a digital book store?

maybe this was mention somewhere, sorry if i missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    2) Where would i buy it in Holland?
    3) is there a digital book store?
    1)Absolutely, Metzen works with her closely as well the rest of the devs on the lore team. These books are to enrich the canon. But all is subject to change.
    2)Unknown
    3)Yes, Blizzard's official online store sells all their products.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    I think you can buy it at bol.com in The Netherlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    1)Absolutely, Metzen works with her closely as well the rest of the devs on the lore team. These books are to enrich the canon. But all is subject to change.
    2)Unknown
    3)Yes, Blizzard's official online store sells all their products.
    okey thanks a lot !

quick clarification question about number 3, this is a DIGITAL copy of the book, correct? or i still get mailed/fedex'd/Amazon arialdroned/catapulted a physical copy?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess if you were to hollow it out, reinforce it, and put in enough gunpowder to propel a piece of ammunition across it... though due to its size I would call it a handgun.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I guess if you were to hollow it out, reinforce it, and put in enough gunpowder to propel a piece of ammunition across it... though due to its size I would call it a handgun.
    Shit. Im too late again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    So, essentialy, I couldn't bring it with me on an airplane then.
    Or is it ok if it's in a tiny transparent plastic container?

I like how person on US forum said about this topic

Lore happened in book doesn't exist
    c'mon books are fucking dark age, why people should spend extra money on that sheets of papers, it's a DIGITAL AGE
    I(and lots others) would rather accept a Youtube series, like Empror Shaohao one
    I'm playing game I want to know what happened in game, how it is not fucking hard to make a damn quest line and takes 30 min of work to put data in game db
    We already suffered from damn pre-cataclysm and pre-mop novels, which I still don't know what fucking happened why the fuck Rhonin dies, what's up with Kalegos and Jaina this is retarded...like a white spots in history

10+ Year Old Account
    well 1 guy writing a book instead of a whole team of animators/designers/coders is a lot cheaper. I never really bothered before, basicly for the same reason you mentioned Zstr, i just find garrosh's character and the story behind the next expension very intruiging.

Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    what's up with Kalegos and Jaina this is retarded...
    To be fair, this thing is even more retarded when you read the book.

c'mon books are fucking dark age, why people should spend extra money on that sheets of papers, it's a DIGITAL AGE
    I(and lots others) would rather accept a Youtube series, like Empror Shaohao one
    This may sound like a foreign concept from the "dark age," but books are a very good way to tell a story.

The Emperor Shaohao series played purely on the strengths of its medium, but if you were looking for any sort of depth to the story the videos failed miserably at that. The lore scrolls in-game paint a more well-rounded picture of the same thing.

well 1 guy writing a book instead of a whole team of animators/designers/coders is a lot cheaper.
    you sure? this things are included in developers payment already and it's not take much time to put it in game: models/animation is already in game and idea of this is also in lead designers's heads, you juist need to add extra texts, convert it into db format add some scripts events and cutscene in the end, which could be done 30min - 1week max with all resourses blizzard have, instead of writting a book for more then 1 year by one person, which some won't even see at all(as it need also translation which also takes huge time, and extra money paying too)

anyway blizzard want money from novels selling also, but this not remove a fact that people who don't have acsses or don't read books at all , will have an empty time line and not understanding whats going on in lore between expansions

This may sound like a foreign concept from the "dark age," but books are a very good way to tell a story.
    maybe there is reason why books are in decline nowdays, coz films, games are much interesting to interract with and have more emotions in outcome, so it's not a good way anymore to tell a story
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-12-11 at 10:36 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like how person on US forum said about this topic

I'm playing game I want to know what happened in game, how it is not fucking hard to make a damn quest line and takes 30 min of work to put data in game db
    We already suffered from damn pre-cataclysm and pre-mop novels, which I still don't know what fucking happened why the fuck Rhonin dies, what's up with Kalegos and Jaina this is retarded...like a white spots in history
    Or maybe you should try reading a book. Would probably improve that attrocious grammar and spelling of yours, too.

If you're so adverse to paper, you can always download the ebooks or audiobooks.

- - - Updated - - -

you sure? this things are included in developers payment already and it's not take much time to put it in game: models/animation is already in game and idea of this is also in lead designers's heads, you juist need to add extra texts, convert it into db format add some scripts events and cutscene in the end, which could be done 30min - 1week max with all resourses blizzard have, instead of writting a book for more then 1 year by one person, which some won't even see at all(as it need also translation which also takes huge time, and extra money paying too)

anyway blizzard want money from novels selling also, but this not remove a fact that people who don't have acsses or don't read books at all , will have an empty time line and not understanding whats going on in lore between expansions

maybe there is reason why books are in decline nowdays, coz films, games are much interesting to interract with and have more emotions in outcome
    Books are hardly in decline. I think you just don't like to read, and are projecting that opinion on the world.

10+ Year Old Account

Books provide far more information for a far lower cost. A two minute ingame cutscene can hardly convey the same content as a 400 page book.

maybe there is reason why books are in decline nowdays, coz films, games are much interesting to interract with and have more emotions in outcome, so it's not a good way anymore to tell a story
    Books often explain the character's emotions in detail, in books we're lucky if we get a face that might be similar. Books are the best way to tell a story

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Or maybe you should try reading a book. Would probably improve that attrocious grammar and spelling of yours, too.

If you're so adverse to paper, you can always download the ebooks or audiobooks.
    my bad grammar and spelling becasue english is not my primary language, it's not that I hate the books and don't read them
    ebooks are same shit as normal, just not on paper. Audio one could be a case, but still I have to pay for it and it won't give a visual feelings of what is going on and won't let me to be a part of it, how it could be in game quest line

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ratyrel View Post
    Books provide far more information for a far lower cost. A two minute ingame cutscene can hardly convey the same content as a 400 page book.
    yes it can, I can see all emotions, character display and movings in 1 sec screen of cutscene, instead of read it's description on 10 pages
    Last edited by Zstr; 2013-12-11 at 10:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    apperantly the debute is 3rd of june http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/18/ex...el-war-crimes/

i would assume they want to release this before WOD, ingame spoilers and all that, so does this mean we can expect a july WOD release?

apperantly the debute is 3rd of june http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/11/18/ex...el-war-crimes/

i would assume they want to release this before WOD, ingame spoilers and all that, so does this mean we can expect a july WOD release?
    Amazon is now listing a release date of May 6th. Of course it may not be reliable, but the fact that they changed it suggests they're going on some kind of information.

yes it can, I can see all emotions, character display and movings in 1 sec screen of cutscene, instead of read it's description on 10 pages
    Books make you use your imagination, the picture you paint in your head is far better than one a movie with flashing colors and explosions could.
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2013-12-11 at 11:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Deleted
    it won't give a visual feelings of what is going on
    God forbid you use your imagination...