Community Editable OP

Something I'd like to see:

An editable OP that can be edited by anyone. This would be very useful for things such as the Humble Bundle thread, X Steam Holiday Sale, threads that are started by people who don't regularly contribute to the thread, etc.

There's one other thing that I wanted to suggest, but now I can't recall what it was. :|

Also, any chance we can update the avatar and signature size (both pixel and kb size)? 100x100 and 500x100 doesn't give much room for creativity.

Deleted
    Doubt that will ever happen, I hope it doesn't, because something like that can't be controlled, it would be abused(I don't want even to imagine how Gen OT would go). There also would be no way to get a notification on when the thread was edited by X user, meaning that people could just go years back on forums and edit all that stuff with whatever they want and we wouldn't know about it. Relying on people to report said bad edits also doesn't seem good to me and to be honest, editing posts that aren't your's is a moderator, and above, thing only, so even if the admins wanted to implement this, I don't think if it would even be possible to just restrict it to OPs.

Though, if you want an OP edited, report the post and put there what you want the mod to change. If it contains images, like the Humble Thread, you can just put the images, already in tags, and text in [noparse][/noparse] tags so it won't clutter the report.

Obviously, the moderator might not always change to what you want for reasons such as the current OP being better, etc; really depends.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-12-11 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Doubt that will ever happen, I hope it doesn't, because something like that can't be controlled, it would be abused(I don't want even to imagine how Gen OT would go). If you want an OP edited, report the post and put there what you want the mod to change. If it contains images, like the Humble Thread, you can just put the images, already in tags, and text in [noparse][/noparse] tags so it won't clutter the report.

Obviously, the moderator might not always change to what you want for reasons such as the current OP being better, etc; really depends.
    Sure it can be controlled, it'd just take some work.

Cheapassgamer does this feature quite well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Sure it can be controlled, it'd just take some work.

Cheapassgamer does this feature quite well.
    I edited my post with some more stuff.

Anyway, I'm not going to start reading that forum to see if it actually works, how it is, etc. I was just giving you some cons on why I believe it shouldn't be implemented.

15+ Year Old Account
    Like Majad said, if you ever have edits to the OP of a thread you are more than welcome to PM a mod

Easiest way for us:

-"Quote" the thread to get the code and make the appropriate changes to it
    -PM us a link to the thread along with the edited code inside of [noparse][/noparse] tags so we can copy-paste it directly into the main post
    -whala!
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

American political threads are my only excuse as to why this would cause SO much drama.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Why on earth would you enable that on that type of a thread? I envisioned it bein used on threads that makes sense.

We will keep this feature in mind for the next time we add new features to the site.