Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxex1909 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks 'With or Without You' is going to be the Hunter's equivalent of 'Grimoire of Sacrifice' ? I can see posts about hunters losing utility/RoS, I mean seriously guys Blizz isn't that dumb (atleast I hope they're not D: )

Also Snipe might be a good for MM if the next tier isn't as movement intensive as this one. The 2.77 sec cast will most likely be affected by haste so that might come down to 1.8ish secs if we stack haste as MM so that might not be so bad. Since Snipe replaces Steady Shot I'm pretty sure that its going to proc MMM too, probably with a slightly higher chance than what Steady Shot has now.

Bola Shot brings much needed cleave to non-BM specs. Multi-Dotting as SV isn't the same as cleaving, so Bola Shot might be a pretty decent change. Since no one knows what the DPS numbers will be, the actual damage this shot does might be debatable.
    Main complaint to them is the fact that it's further homogenizing our specs. Snipe, something that suits the Marks tree, is a class universal talent. Bola Shot, a new explosive, is a class universal instead of being a unique Survival skill. Our specs are already near identical in playstyle and these new talents muddy the waters even further between what makes a Beast Master or a Marksman or a Survivalist unique from one another. Our specs need more identity, not less.

With or Without You is solid, though pet sac will require them to rework part of the Focus gen on Fervor, Master's Call, Roar of Sacrifice, Blink Strikes, and Lynx Rush. Pet buffs I don't think are surviving into the expansion as they're no longer needed when they're not balancing around 10H content as well. They can give us Attack Speed or Critical Strike to go with Trueshot and put us in line with other classes.

But overall, WoWY seems solid as an option but would rather see more broad appeal passives at the end in place of the other two. Maybe the revival of Sniper Training in an improved format like the Heroic Majordomo buff for one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I think WoWy should be changed to Spirit of the Beast where you take on the spirit of your pet and gain some of your pets abilities. Any talent or ability that buffs your pet now buffs you instead.

I'd also like Quiver back or something along those lines bring me back VOLLEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Main complaint to them is the fact that it's further homogenizing our specs. Snipe, something that suits the Marks tree, is a class universal talent. Bola Shot, a new explosive, is a class universal instead of being a unique Survival skill. Our specs are already near identical in playstyle and these new talents muddy the waters even further between what makes a Beast Master or a Marksman or a Survivalist unique from one another. Our specs need more identity, not less.

With or Without You is solid, though pet sac will require them to rework part of the Focus gen on Fervor, Master's Call, Roar of Sacrifice, Blink Strikes, and Lynx Rush. Pet buffs I don't think are surviving into the expansion as they're no longer needed when they're not balancing around 10H content as well. They can give us Attack Speed or Critical Strike to go with Trueshot and put us in line with other classes.

But overall, WoWY seems solid as an option but would rather see more broad appeal passives at the end in place of the other two. Maybe the revival of Sniper Training in an improved format like the Heroic Majordomo buff for one.
    Valid point about spec homogenization. I was hoping that warlords would make each of our specs have a particular specialization in terms of dealing damage. That being said MM will still be different from BM and SV in terms of playstyle no matter what talent you choose. But it looks BM and SV will still stay the same "replace KC with ES or vice-versa".

Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    I think WoWy should be changed to Spirit of the Beast where you take on the spirit of your pet and gain some of your pets abilities. Any talent or ability that buffs your pet now buffs you instead.
    But that would only affect BM since niether MM nor SV provide any buffs to pet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whyabadi View Post
    The whole point of the ww-you skill is to remove the pet from Surv/MM and improve it as BM, how would either of those two work with the pet buffing the player? I could agree some kind of "Aspect of the beast" cooldown could be interesting, but it shouldn't be related to ww-you (and there is a striking similarity with TBW).

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Ï like the way you think amigo, ww-you feels like the general idea is cemented already, it's just tuning left. Snipe has some flavour to it but it will be hard to make attractive without making it mandatory, and vice versa. Bola shot looks fun on paper but if the single target damage outperforms Arcane it risks being mandatory (depending how the other two talents are balanced), if it doesn't outperform arcane then the cleave will be its only use and that will make the skill very situational.

All in all ww-you feels like a well designed talent that just needs some tweaking and ironing out the details of pet buffs. The other two need some work... or complete overhauls...

Quote Originally Posted by Dphotog View Post
    I'd also like Quiver back or something along those lines bring me back VOLLEY!
    Barrage IS Volley, but can be channeled on the move and has a different area of effect(able to hit a wider range of mobs than Volley ever could). I know it's not the same as a no cooldown AoE channel, but we do have a channeled volley of arrows ability in Barrage at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranoch View Post
    The whole point of the ww-you skill is to remove the pet from Surv/MM and improve it as BM, how would either of those two work with the pet buffing the player? I could agree some kind of "Aspect of the beast" cooldown could be interesting, but it shouldn't be related to ww-you (and there is a striking similarity with TBW).

Ï like the way you think amigo, ww-you feels like the general idea is cemented already, it's just tuning left. Snipe has some flavour to it but it will be hard to make attractive without making it mandatory, and vice versa. Bola shot looks fun on paper but if the single target damage outperforms Arcane it risks being mandatory (depending how the other two talents are balanced), if it doesn't outperform arcane then the cleave will be its only use and that will make the skill very situational.

All in all ww-you feels like a well designed talent that just needs some tweaking and ironing out the details of pet buffs. The other two need some work... or complete overhauls...
    There's room for an AoE talent, however Bola Shot blatantly fits the Survival tree and believe it should be given to them in order to add some more spec distinction and identity. Snipe and Bola are two skills that should not be talents and could add a lot of playstyle flavor to Marks and Survival respectively. Our entire class is a bland homogenized mess, both in playstyle and thematically, and we need more distinction between specs and not less. Giving Beast Mastery a sniper skill when that's supposed to be Marksmanship's theme or giving Marks an explosive when that's Survival's theme just makes the issue worse.

Instead, put in wide appeal passive effectives that are pretty Hunter generic that fill the same niches. With or Without You as the superior mobility/target swap talent, bring back Sniper Training in a similar form to the Heroic Domo meter to cover the stationary/single target talent, and have another talent for certain shots to ricochet or split for the AoE talent. Those would have wider class appeal and accomplish the same end goal without further homogenizing us.

Those are just ideas off the top of my head as well. Pretty sure Blizzard can come up with SOMETHING.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-12-19 at 07:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

There should be a talent like this:

(Passive) IMPULSIVE MOTION: when the hunter HP went 20% or less, all of his skills stops to cost focus, for ten seconds, and all of its skills have a chance to recover 20%HP of the damage done, just for 8 seconds.

Cooldown: 5 minutes after it happens

IMO there is a a theme behind every tier and for T100 the theme is "Damage increase by filler abilities with a possible tradeoff" - tradeoff being good because it makes choice meaningful.

Obviously, its still a work in progress and Holinka has indicated via tweets that some class talents have been revamped after receiving feedback (so hunter talents could be different)

My views:
    Bola shot: Modifies Arcane Shot - you get cleave; tradeoff: detonation time
    The concern that it will break cc does not worry me; in fact, it should work like cleave rating / multistrike - which Holinka has also confirmed that these will not hit CCd mobs
    It sounds like a boring copy/paste from D3 and I am not a fan of detonation time. Could provide some good aoe use though and will function as a talent for hunters not wanting cleave on their gearset to have a aoe ability or hunters wanting too much maxed out cleave damage. Useful for add fights and cleaving in Bgs (including interrupting ninja flag capping)
    They should change the damage to fire damage for flavor reasons.

Snipe: Replace focus regen shot: tradeoff: Movement while casting
    Interesting talent; will be great for patchwork fights; focus return is very high and will have to looked into by the devs; can be very useful with AMOC. Limited use on PvP, though playstyle will be like older versions of hunters; will be very useful for fights that requires burst dps.

WoWY: straight passive damage increase for all specs with some utility; tradeoff: for BM there is none.. for MM + SV there is a removal of pet utility.
    Imo this is a bland option because it literally does not bring anything new to the hunter in terms of rotation / ability usage / gear usage. It also requires a rework of some previous talents to work with the petless option as well.
    Someone in the class design team was prolly not paying attention and listening to U2 songs :P.
    Imo they should change the talent to be a dps increase but in a more interesting way:
    BM: Kill command summons a second pet (every 24 Sec) from your stable that does some amount of damage and cleaves 1-2 extra mobs (but it breaks cc)
    MM: your pet critical hits have a chance to reset chimera shot cd but it does not heal you
    SV: Snake trap becomes a viable dps single target cd; not shared with black arrow

So with this the specs get some bonus based on their pet (which is a passive and mandatory damage source) at some cost
    BM: can break CC
    MM: no real loss, just no heal on a signature attack and is rng based
    SV: get one extra button for single target dps and need extra management

This way we get an interesting talent and retain the original flavor of the class.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2013-12-31 at 08:42 AM. Reason: corrections

Wondering how Steady Focus might change since 2 Snipes in a row is completely overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Wondering how Steady Focus might change since 2 Snipes in a row is completely overkill.
    Snipe refreshes Steady Focus on each cast.