10+ Year Old Account

Mr Robot and Enhancement, Help needed.

Hi, suddenly as in the last hour, Mr Robot has me reforging away all my haste and going full out Mastery, OK I can accept that.
    But it wants me to gem away a whooping -1941 Agility in favour of Expertise+Mastery gems.

Would anyone mind loading me in Mr Robot and having a look?

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/argent_dawn/psilo
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

Have you tried simming yourself? I get much more accurate results with that over mr.robot. He is a good starting point but if you really want to fine tune your gear you will want to learn to sim.

As for the expertise gems, I believe that practice is so you can reforge more mastery as opposed to having to hit that exp cap.

Looks roughly correct. You really have to sim yourself to get the right stat weights (and use reforge plots to get where to cap your haste). There is a threshold where 2 points of mastery are worth more DPS than one agility. You're at the gear level where that starts to be true, depending on how your secondary stats balance out.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

If 2 mastery > 1 agi (which is normal) then yes, you can gem expertise so you can reforge into more mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

All I can say is with current gear (558) and play-style I set the weights as:

MH DPS: 5
    OH DPS: 4
    Hit (to 7.5%):6.75
    Expertise (to 7.5%): 6.35
    Agility: 6.3
    Haste (to 12750 [30%]): 3.31
    Mastery: 3.3
    Haste (12750+): 3.29
    Crit: 2.95
    Str: 2.5
    Hit (7.5-26.5%): 2

Mastery total with my gear about 65%
    Haste total with my gear about 30%

My sims come pretty close to that being my ideal build (EM+PE) and I WOL rank in top 150.

AMR using their default setup says I should go ALL mastery (drops my Haste to 22% and mastery up to 75%)...but I did that, and my DPS over the course of a raid weekend was lower than the week before
    And while that is only anecdotal evidence...I switched back to my setup over the default as it makes ME do more damage.

I feel you need to find a Haste "sweet spot" before you can go all Mastery....and for me, that's 30%
    Last edited by jayinjersey; 2013-12-11 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the replies!
    In game I have 33% Haste and 72% Mastery now, will give it a proper spin tomorrow.
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*