PC 2-4-player splitscreen games - requires more computer-power? wich games?

So I'd like to buy some Xbox controllers, and a flatscreen and kinda use my computer as a somewhat viable console option.

So does it require more PC power? Is it possible to run it on two different monitors? (currently running 2 monitors without flatscreen) or only on one?
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by warptwist View Post
    So I'd like to buy some Xbox controllers, and a flatscreen and kinda use my computer as a somewhat viable console option.

So does it require more PC power? Is it possible to run it on two different monitors? (currently running 2 monitors without flatscreen) or only on one?
    There are PC games that can be played in splitscreen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Yes there is. Isn't common knowledge. And its very new to me too.

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...een+games&sm=3
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Split screen = double the load for graphics card (unless devs use some haxor workarounds).
    I have not tried anything like this, so I am speaking purely from theoretical side:
    Most games split the screen horizontally, so you have 'bigger' picture, if you want thme to be on two monitors you would have to work a litte for that.
    IF you have a SERIOUSLY beastly PC, I believe it COULD be possible to run two instances of the game, one on each screen.
    Now, unless you have 50" TV hooked up, why on earth would you play splitscreen on 21" monitor?

Your PC will never be a 'viable' console option, were you hoping to play console games on PC without them being PC ports or something?
    PM me weird stuff :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Split screen = double the load for graphics card (unless devs use some haxor workarounds).
    Hahaha what? Also, yes it is a very viable console option. For example due to the graphics.

Anyway, I quite frequently play PC games in "couch co-op" mode with my friends. I got my PC hooked up to a telly, and I got two PS3 pads(configured to imitate Xbox 360 pads via motioninjoy and better DS3) and two Xbox 360 pads. Some of the good games for that are Blur, Sonic All Star Racing, Worms Reloaded, Monaco, Jamestown, Serious Sam 3, Trackmania 2 and Dungeonland. Latter is only for 3 players normally, but one of us uses a second PC in order to be a dungeon master.

I haven't found a feasible way to utilise multiple monitors, but my other three monitors are plugged in while we play - just set as secondary screens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandwrong View Post
    There are PC games that can be played in splitscreen?
    http://co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html

Quite a few, actually. (189 that Co-Optimus lists)