Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
18
LastLast
  1. #301
    Watching Garrosh fight the Shado Pan in the 5.4 cutscene patch makes just wonder what the hell you're missing.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    Nope. Every time they want a villain faction, it's a 50/50 chance they come up with something new or have a group splinter off from the Horde and call it the _____ Horde. Old Horde, New Horde, True Horde, False Horde, Boolean Horde, Fel Horde, Iron Horde. Mongrel Horde. I could go on. The current Horde is a relatively new development that formed under Thrall when the orcs escaped from the internment camps, and doesn't have much in common with the Old Horde aside from naming things after their major figures. Arguably it started when Garrosh hit the floor at the end of Siege, because he sort of had rights to the name. Long story short, there are a ton of Hordes, and it's a pain in the neck keeping track of them.
    What a pile of nothing ahah.
    Short answer. No. He's wrong. There was a horde in Warcraft 2. With trolls, goblins and ogres.
    Reason why many play wow.

  3. #303
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Isnt that a bit hypocritical from you?
    Because I play WH40k myself? :P
    But I play Necrons mostly, they don't have skulls.
    My Blood Angels on the other hand..

    It's a game! I don't want my games to take their lore or themselves way too serious.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  4. #304
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    First time ever that I hear someone taking WH40k seriously.

    MOAR SKULLS, MOAR SKULLS! << WH40k in a nutshell.
    What are you saying exactly about warhammer 40k?

    This will be fun.
    Please explain yourself.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    What a pile of nothing ahah.
    Short answer. No. He's wrong. There was a horde in Warcraft 2. With trolls, goblins and ogres.
    Reason why many play wow.
    "The Horde" as you like to reference it (and as the "official", playable faction) did not exist in WC2. Simple as that.

    Again, you're just spouting off one falsehood after another because you want to keep on with this, "Pandas and Pokemon!" level of MoP-bashing instead of coming up with something real to critique.
    Last edited by Bovinity Divinity; 2013-12-12 at 10:53 PM.

  6. #306
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    What are you saying exactly about warhammer 40k?

    This will be fun.
    Please explain yourself.
    That I refuse to take that game too serious.
    Their way of making something 'badass' is by putting more skulls on it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  7. #307
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That I refuse to take that game too serious.
    Their way of making something 'badass' is by putting more skulls on it.
    Something dedicated to god of blood and skulls is red and covered with skulls.

    Whats next, you will say that Aztecs were funny people?
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  8. #308
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Stand-up comedians, all of them.
    But hey, you need a sense of humour if you want to field that collection of skulls.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  9. #309
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Something dedicated to god of blood and skulls is red and covered with skulls.

    Whats next, you will say that Aztecs were funny people?
    Exactly, i dont see what's wrong with skull decorations. Slaaneshi one's are much better tho.

  10. #310
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Stand-up comedians, all of them.
    But hey, you need a sense of humour if you want to field that collection of skulls.
    I wont deny that Khornate champions have some sense of humor.

    Althogh what they find funny is something that would make most of the Azeroth population scream for their blood.

    Ironicaly.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  11. #311
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Something dedicated to god of blood and skulls is red and covered with skulls.

    Whats next, you will say that Aztecs were funny people?
    The Warhammer 40k universe is hyperbole incarnate. It's not that it's unserious or not true to its principles, just that it would be impossible to make a parody of it. In order to make a parody of a work you have to make it more extreme, exaggerate aspects of it in the interest of creating humor. Create a caricature. Warhammer 40k has hit the absolute ceiling of extremity in every regard. Any attempt to exaggerate it would result in a work that looks identical to it.

    Some people find this funny. That's just the way it is.

  12. #312
    Legendary! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    6,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    The Warhammer 40k universe is hyperbole incarnate. It's not that it's unserious or not true to its principles, just that it would be impossible to make a parody of it. In order to make a parody of a work you have to make it more extreme, exaggerate aspects of it in the interest of creating humor. Create a caricature. Warhammer 40k has hit the absolute ceiling of extremity in every regard. Any attempt to exaggerate it would result in a work that looks identical to it.

    Some people find this funny. That's just the way it is.
    There is parody of warhammer 40k. Its called soulstorm.

  13. #313
    The theme for MoP was (mostly) original and fresh imo. Sure it had its ideas and concepts taken from Asian influences, and some people probably aren't used to seeing these things but I personally don't mind that - I want something different for once. I'm sure a lot of others wanted something a bit more unique also.

    The game kind of needed something new, and its previous expansion, cataclysm, was somewhat of a letdown (with the exception of FL and the release trailer perhaps). For me, I've always regarded TBC as one of my most favorite expansions to date but MoP comes close and I'm glad Blizzard worked so hard in making this expansion deliver.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    The Warhammer 40k universe is hyperbole incarnate. It's not that it's unserious or not true to its principles, just that it would be impossible to make a parody of it. In order to make a parody of a work you have to make it more extreme, exaggerate aspects of it in the interest of creating humor. Create a caricature. Warhammer 40k has hit the absolute ceiling of extremity in every regard. Any attempt to exaggerate it would result in a work that looks identical to it.

    Some people find this funny. That's just the way it is.
    To be fair, they found the sweet spot by actualy ramping the "dark" switch up to eleven.

    Also, I think it is an acurate representation of what would actualy happen if fantasy tropes were real.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  15. #315
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    WoW has lost its tone of seriousness and with it, its immersion too.
    Very much agree with this OP, well said.

  16. #316
    To the people who keep spewing the bullshit about Warcraft 3 "not taking itself" seriously:



    Warcraft 3 had HUMOR elements, but they didn't break immersion of the game MOST of the time. Things like the hidden Hydralisk were drastic examples where it did, but it was one small thing in tens of missions.

    And for fuck's sake, yes, we all know that when you click units multiple times they say really funny things, but it's only when you DECIDE to click them multiple times, they don't say that all the time.

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    There is parody of warhammer 40k. Its called soulstorm.
    I must say I got an exceptionally good laugh out of looking this up.

  18. #318
    I quite enjoyed MoP (Pretty much done with it now) The scenery of Jade Forest when I first arrived was amazing and well done.

    It's not my fav or least fav expansion. But it is definitely time for a new expansion. I did SoO about 5 times so far and that seemed like 3 times too many. Not a very fun instance for me at least.

    As for jokes as others have said, you'd be hard pressed to find a zone in WoW that didn't have some joke quest storyline. I think it adds a bit of brevity to the constant doom and gloom.

  19. #319
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,958
    If you want to talk about Warhammer 40K do it some other forum. Thanks.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

    It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

  20. #320
    Over 9000! Gheld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "The Horde" as you like to reference it (and as the "official", playable faction) did not exist in WC2. Simple as that.

    Again, you're just spouting off one falsehood after another because you want to keep on with this, "Pandas and Pokemon!" level of MoP-bashing instead of coming up with something real to critique.
    none of Warcraft from WC3 and onward existed back in WC2. WC3 is a complete and utter retcon of the original RTS games. Which is why I initially skipped wc3 and didn't give WoW a chance until summer 2006.

    To retcon the evil horde into morally ambiguous victims of circumstance was a necessary evil to pave the way for WoW though. I can admit that now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •