Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The sha are a result of the pandaren on pandaria, the other races seem to be pay no attention to them until we arrived.

    And for the record I hate brann too, he's just the previous lorewalker cho
    The sha are the result of the titans killing the old god Y'shaarj, corrupting the land with this embodiment of negative emotion. The pandaren didn't cause it, the sha were there long before they ever did anything significant on Pandaria.

    They had it fairly decently under control, till we came along and brought anger and hatred and violence and every other kind of emotion the sha feed upon to Pandaria... en masse.

    That the sha appeared when we did is evidence of this. Hell, Zhu explicitly said such. You'd have to close your eyes and plug your ears to miss it.
    Last edited by The Madgod; 2013-12-13 at 05:20 PM.

  2. #342
    Bloodsail Admiral Teebone's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    "Sunny" Florida
    Posts
    1,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    So you're going to tell me everything up until MoP was filled with as many corny jokes, immature scenery, and poorly written dialogue?
    Wow. You really haven't been paying much attention all these years, have you?

  3. #343
    Pandaren Monk Mukki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    ANC! ANC! ANC!
    Posts
    1,938
    OP:

    Define immature scenery? I googled the term and found two relevant results:
    http://amongthelivingthings.blogspot...e-scenery.html
    This website with some dude who has a crush on his cousin.

    and this thread.

    Seems like desperation to have a complaint when you have to make up a term that means nothing?

  4. #344
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,565
    guys guys guys please OP is entitled to his opinion. We may disagree with him but why bother keep arguing and trying to get him to see our point of view. Wasted effort.

    Honestly nothing needs to be said with besides "I disagree with everything you said....good day."
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  5. #345
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    What do you mean by "serious"?
    It's a bit vague how can anyone answer that question?
    Some people are claiming that they never had silly stuff, memes and other references before Cataclysm.
    Or that the amount of those things was minimal.

    A small list easily proves how wrong they are.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    Warcraft has never been about being lighthearted. The very name implies war. And the craft of said war.

    The big reason, big lore characters were big to begin with wasn't because they were lighthearted nor because they were comical or Silly. They were individuals who made tough choises, went through tragedies and turned from having a very good outlook, to the complete opposite (i.e Arthas)

    Now, you could try to argue that it's "fresh" - But if you don't like what is in essence YEARS of doing and YEARS of Thematic.. When A LOT of people follow that theme that has been around for YEARS... Yeah. You're probably not a majority then. WoD supports this idea. Because the developers themselves said they want to go back to what feels as "Warcraft".

    Pandas being portrayed as light hearted, silly alcoholics - at least as far as i am concerned.. Does NOT fit the earlier theme that has been Warcraft in any aspect whatsoever. It would be a pretty hard argument to make as well that it would not break off TOO hard from that running theme of you know, people you come to love and apprechiate who then turn to destroy everything they ever had.

    TL;DR - Silly Alcoholic Pandas does not match up to lengthy lore-heavy and lore-enriched characters who meet their fate.
    because "me not that kind of orc" wasn't from w2 or anything

    goblin sappers, dwarfs, pop references every mission, ect ya; warcraft has "never" had lighthearted moments...

    tldr, dwarfs are far more alcholic then pandas, spaceships, talking cows, murlocs, ect ect. LK and DW where reduced to bad Saturday mourning cartoon villans and you call them enriched characters...now that is comical.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I don't think the issue is that WoW has silly stuff. It was nice to break things up in vanilla. The problem is with the amount of silly stuff. I could easily go a week if not a whole month without seeing anything silly in vanilla. In MoP you cannot go a single day. Hell even in BC and wrath there was silly stuff here and there but you weren't constantly running into it.
    You also had 60 levels and 4 different areas per level range to quest in. Of course every expansion seems like it has ramped up the cheese if you will. Not to mention since the release of TBC we have all been in a race to get to the end to see the end game content instead of being content with the journey that was Vanilla.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    At least they advance the story, all be it badly at times or with all the grace and dignity of a whale trying handgliding.
    Most of these fools would rather we kill off all the main villains or lore figures left from the RTS games, never add anything new, then complain about killing off all the lore and not doing anything new.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Want another fact? "You are wrong."

    http://wowpedia.org/List_of_pop_cult...es_in_Warcraft
    Looks like Vanilla and TBC are culprits. Looks like Blizz tried to correct the childishness and pulp culture references starting with Cata. :P

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Not sure if serious?

    Wow started off as a warhammer 40k clone cause they lost the rights or some shit so they made there own orcs v humans game and they have built upon that ever since

    Blizz has loved to put in cheesy memes, injokes and shit ever since and have done so for as long as ive played the game

    and people are NOW starting to complain about the jokes jeeez!
    That rumor was debunked a while ago. http://kotaku.com/5929161/how-warcraft-was-almost-a-warhammer-game-and-how-that-saved-wow
    While they wanted to do a Warhammer game, they got no traction and wanted to control their own IP, the decided to make Warcraft on their own and used Warhammer as an influence. It never started off as a clone at all.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    what's even worse then bad lines is the stupid, in-your-face pop culture references. cata 1-60 is the biggest offender here (CSI Westfall still makes me wanna cry). yes, wow never took itself seriously but they went overboard with some of this shit.
    Vanilla is the biggest offender, followed by TBC, WotLK, Cata then MoP. Just look at the link http://wowpedia.org/List_of_pop_cult...es_in_Warcraft

  8. #348
    Hello! I am Lorewalker Cho!

  9. #349
    I find it funny when people think Warcraft needs to be like Warhammer-super-grimdark-srsbsnss when that's NEVER been it's selling point.

    But to be more constructive: WoW has never and will never follow a 100% serious theme, people seem to forget that classic WoW was -loaded- with corny jokes, references (Nintendo Crater anyone?) and even poor writing (Since when did WoW hold a candle to the likes of LOTR and so on?).

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    I find it funny when people think Warcraft needs to be like Warhammer-super-grimdark-srsbsnss when that's NEVER been it's selling point.

    But to be more constructive: WoW has never and will never follow a 100% serious theme, people seem to forget that classic WoW was -loaded- with corny jokes, references (Nintendo Crater anyone?) and even poor writing (Since when did WoW hold a candle to the likes of LOTR and so on?).
    At least they tried. In Eastern Plaguelands of old, we didnt have to escort bunch of idealistic rookies and their horribly-accented furry friend on their way to become paladins through entire zone and save one of them from turning into the lamest Death Knight seen since Koltira.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranorack View Post
    I find it funny when people think Warcraft needs to be like Warhammer-super-grimdark-srsbsnss when that's NEVER been it's selling point.

    But to be more constructive: WoW has never and will never follow a 100% serious theme, people seem to forget that classic WoW was -loaded- with corny jokes, references (Nintendo Crater anyone?) and even poor writing (Since when did WoW hold a candle to the likes of LOTR and so on?).
    There are shades between warhammer and uldum.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •