Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
15
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Herald of the Titans Aqua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,588
    WoW* is one giant satire comedy with a poor theme and dry humor all around


    *Fixed that for you there.

    Why is a large group suddenly being clued in on the joke just because pandas? Have people been taking this shit seriously all this time? We just thought you were all being cute. But this is actually terrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    It seems the fanboys on this forum can't find reasons to argue that MoP is good, they have to retroactively describe everything that came before it as awful in order to make it look better.
    The monk class and Pandaren race are good reasons for me that make MoP good to me.

  3. #83
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ah so we are at the "outright lies" stage already at page 4? Not bad huh?
    Cata was just as bad if not more. That has to be said.
    And so was WotLK, so was TBC and so was Classic.
    But it wasn't "just as bad" because there is nothing bad with this.
    It's how the WoW-serie is, you either like it or GTFO.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  4. #84
    Ok the hozen were pretty much all poop jokes but still i chuckled at some of the jokes. Some humor isn't misplaced in a game like wow. Also what's wrong with the scenery? I liked it.
    'T Vlaamse heir staat immer pal, Daar 't winnen of daar 't sterven zal. Alhier, Aldaar aan lange lansen de leeuwen dansen, de leeuwen dansen.... En de leeuwen dansen, de leeuwen dansen.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post
    The things that were putting me off in this expansion were the horrible lore and pathetic storywriting. Also, the entire Asian theme, pandas, and pandaland. Didn't enjoy most raids either. The initial raids in MoP were terrible. HoF, MSV, and ToES. ToT was pretty cool and SoO also has a few good parts. Dungeons were a joke. Not challenging at all, and no new dungeons at all since ToT. Instead you get annoying scenarios like Blood in the Snow on heroic. No more love for dungeons it seems. Scenarios are just a pathetic excuse cause Blizzard cant be bothered with dungeons anymore.

    Legendary quest has been a joke. A boring RNG based questline, and now you see everyone and their mothers with legendary cloaks. I am no elitist, but the legendary questline sucked donkey shit.
    Storywriting really did it for me. I don't think I've ever seen anyone writing themselves to a dead end as much as this guys did in mop. They just drove straight to a brick wall.
    Why isn't the alliance conquering orgrimmar and capping up decades of warfare? Afterall orcs were a massive bulk of the horde's forces.
    And how will tensions between horde and alliance rise again? they really did leave in good terms, since you know, varian could have simply destroyed everything?
    Extremely poor writing. At times seemed improvised.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And so was WotLK, so was TBC and so was Classic.
    But it wasn't "just as bad" because there is nothing bad with this.
    It's how the WoW-serie is, you either like it or GTFO.
    No. Not really. Vanilla, tbc and wotlk didn't have as many pop references and humor and this is simply a fact. Sure you can keep saying what you're saying but you know, it doesn't make it true.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Huh? Dont think I have seen anyone here claim that the previous stuff was auefull just to make MoP look better. 90% of the people here have largely pointed out that everyone who claims MoP is childish / not serious enough seem to have missed the fact that ALL of wow is pretty damned childish / silly when you actually sit back and look at it.

    Kind of like pointing to 5 kids movies, and harping on the fifth one for being "too childish", while ignoring the fact that they are ALL bloody kids movies.
    Are you seriously telling me that Warcraft 3 was meant to be a silly kids game with all the betrayal and genocide and well, war? Or that WoW's massive arcing plots about demonic armies and undead necromancer kings weren't meant to be taken seriously because the game had a character who's name sounded like Link, or because theres a guy who's kind of like Inidiana Jones? No, I don't buy it.

    As PCZone said in their original review for WoW, it's not called Warcraft because its light and fluffy.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Raego View Post
    There have been plenty of reasons on other threads, but we're not arguing whether mop is good or not here are we? And enough with this fanboy accusations, everyone here provided solid arguments against the op and now they're suddenly fanboys?
    It seems the haters on this forum can't find reasons to argue that MoP is bad, they have to retroactively describe everything that came before it as amazing in order to make it look worse. See what I did there?
    Yeah, you parroted what I said back at me because you think thats a super clever thing to do.

  7. #87
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    No. Not really. Vanilla, tbc and wotlk didn't have as many pop references and humor and this is simply a fact. Sure you can keep saying what you're saying but you know, it doesn't make it true.
    Want another fact? "You are wrong."

    http://wowpedia.org/List_of_pop_cult...es_in_Warcraft
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Try to boil everything down to a negative catch phrase all you want. We're still going to spend countless hours making Warlords of Draenor the most epic expansion possible.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Storywriting really did it for me. I don't think I've ever seen anyone writing themselves to a dead end as much as this guys did in mop. They just drove straight to a brick wall.
    Why isn't the alliance conquering orgrimmar and capping up decades of warfare? Afterall orcs were a massive bulk of the horde's forces.
    And how will tensions between horde and alliance rise again? they really did leave in good terms, since you know, varian could have simply destroyed everything?
    Extremely poor writing. At times seemed improvised.

    - - - Updated - - -



    No. Not really. Vanilla, tbc and wotlk didn't have as many pop references and humor and this is simply a fact. Sure you can keep saying what you're saying but you know, it doesn't make it true.
    Well they can't do that because of gameplay reasons. Gameplay trumps lore all the time. As for tensions, does it matter? Was the Horde and Alliance at war in Vanilla through WOTLK, no they weren't. Did they leave in good terms, well yes because he let the Horde be and no because he and the Alliance will crush them if they pulled another stunt. Obviously it makes sense that Org became occupied by the Alliance from a lore standpoint, but they can't. As for right now the Horde are in a weaken state compared to the Alliance and the Alliance let them be. We will find out more when WoD comes out.

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    WoW has lost its tone of seriousness and with it, its immersion too.


    Cataclysm could have been great if DS wasnt a horrible raid and more focus was placed on the end-game rather than the 1-60 content BUT I cannot complain about that because I think what they did with the 1-60 content was fantastic and needed.

    Im really hoping WoD allows for a more serious tone and a stronger theme that will immerse us. They have 10 levels to do it. Hopefully they will, because I just can't take this expansion serious at all.

    After running SoO a billion times and hearing the same poorly written corny lines from Sylvanas to Lor'Themar or the Paragons or pretty much every other boss, I want to rip my eyes and ears out.

    The whole theme behind the pandaren could have been done a lot better. Its killing me. I apologize if my opinion differs from yours to the point where you feel the need to angrily disagree with me and bash me.




    EDIT: I appreciate what they are doing with the lore with the Garrosh build-up, but I really really really am agitated by the delivery of it (if that makes sense)
    Opinions are Opinions, I find MoP to be pretty gritty and quite dark and amazing.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post

    No. Not really. Vanilla, tbc and wotlk didn't have as many pop references and humor and this is simply a fact. Sure you can keep saying what you're saying but you know, it doesn't make it true.



    MoP has vastly VASTLY less pop culture references and random jokes than ANY other expansion or vanilla

  11. #91
    They say your name was Evie
    They say you were a sweet girl.
    I never knew you... but you were family.
    May your journey in the next world be filled with joy and beauty.
    Farewell, Evie Stormstout.


    ... she looked like Li Li...

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Want another fact? "You are wrong."

    http://wowpedia.org/List_of_pop_cult...es_in_Warcraft
    So you're going to ignore the epic and dark storylines of the games because every now and then an NPC or quest has a funny name?

    Fine, MoP isn't as bad with pop culture references as some people have made out, but please don't try to argue that Warcraft is basically the Simpsons, its insulting to a decade old franchise.

  13. #93
    The Lightbringer malletin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    denmark
    Posts
    3,014
    Uldum was way more satire than this entire expansion..
    "any man shaving for a woman should relinquish ownership of his testicles aswell"

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Want another fact? "You are wrong."

    http://wowpedia.org/List_of_pop_cult...es_in_Warcraft
    Wow uh......I am really really shocked. I honestly thought the pop culture stuff was taking over in Cata. Don't get me wrong, I always knew there was a lot, but nothing compared to Cata and MoP and I was wrong.

  15. #95
    Not sure if serious?

    Wow started off as a warhammer 40k clone cause they lost the rights or some shit so they made there own orcs v humans game and they have built upon that ever since

    Blizz has loved to put in cheesy memes, injokes and shit ever since and have done so for as long as ive played the game

    and people are NOW starting to complain about the jokes jeeez!

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No!
    We are telling you up until MoP it was probably filled with twice as many corny jokes, immature scenery and poorly written dialogue.

    It seems some people don't know what Warcraft is all about.
    If you want super-serious-gaming than you should really quit this IP.
    Firstly, based on that link you posted I really don't see how MoP has less than any expansion before.

    Secondly, people don't take MoP seriously because the theme feels completely out of whack with the previous expansions.

    Thirdly, what are you talking about? How is WoW not a serious franchise. I guess I misunderstood, was all the war and genocide and racism and ancient evil portrayed in the games meant to be funny and light-hearted?

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Are you seriously telling me that Warcraft 3 was meant to be a silly kids game with all the betrayal and genocide and well, war? Or that WoW's massive arcing plots about demonic armies and undead necromancer kings weren't meant to be taken seriously because the game had a character who's name sounded like Link, or because theres a guy who's kind of like Inidiana Jones? No, I don't buy it.

    As PCZone said in their original review for WoW, it's not called Warcraft because its light and fluffy.
    I never said that. I used the kids movie thing as an analogy which appearently went completely over your head (which does not surprise me in the least). The analogy was about pointing out that complaining that MoP is not serious enough for a franchise that never took itself seriously in the first place is a really stupid arguement to try to make.

    WoW is about death and war and fighting and genocide. It is also about clicking on sheep untill they explode, about grunts who get annoyed when you click them too often. About the Darkness calling, and forgetting to leave a message. It is about Kodos eating things bigger then they are and slowly digesting them. It's about goofy oneliners and over the top emo-drama-kings who end up being raid bosses.

    For all its War and Death and Violence, WoW has NEVER taken itself as seriously as some of you people think it has. If you want bleak, grimdark, oh so serious wank, go play one of the Warhammer games. WoW is not the game you are looking for, no matter how much you want to pretend it always was and that MoP broke it with it's "childish" Panda people.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    So you're going to ignore the epic and dark storylines of the games because every now and then an NPC or quest has a funny name?

    Fine, MoP isn't as bad with pop culture references as some people have made out, but please don't try to argue that Warcraft is basically the Simpsons, its insulting to a decade old franchise.
    He ignored it because that wasn't was he was responding to. Look to what he was responding to to see WHY he said what he said. Djalil said it was a fact that MoP and Cata had more pop culture stuff, Kangodo proved him wrong. There was NOTHING in Djalil's response towards Kangodo that he was talking about epic and dark storylines. I suggest you read again why he didn't mention anything about dark and epic storylines.

    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Firstly, based on that link you posted I really don't see how MoP has less than any expansion before.

    Secondly, people don't take MoP seriously because the theme feels completely out of whack with the previous expansions.

    Thirdly, what are you talking about? How is WoW not a serious franchise. I guess I misunderstood, was all the war and genocide and racism and ancient evil portrayed in the games meant to be funny and light-hearted?
    Don't talk for me, I took MoP seriously. I bet quite a few people took MoP seriously so don't generalize. MoP has all the serious things you said, war, genocide, racism etc. You are contradicting yourself here. Oh wait a min, is it because it has Pandas? Are the Pandas themselves make the dark themes in MoP go away? How do Pandas themselves take away those themes?
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2013-12-12 at 11:11 AM.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Are you seriously telling me that Warcraft 3 was meant to be a silly kids game with all the betrayal and genocide and well, war? Or that WoW's massive arcing plots about demonic armies and undead necromancer kings weren't meant to be taken seriously because the game had a character who's name sounded like Link, or because theres a guy who's kind of like Inidiana Jones? No, I don't buy it.

    As PCZone said in their original review for WoW, it's not called Warcraft because its light and fluffy.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Yeah, you parroted what I said back at me because you think thats a super clever thing to do.
    No, I don't think it's clever, I just pointed out how your argument lacks any basis since all you did was claim that everyone who disagrees with the op is a fanboy for no apparent reason.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I never said that. I used the kids movie thing as an analogy which appearently went completely over your head (which does not surprise me in the least). The analogy was about pointing out that complaining that MoP is not serious enough for a franchise that never took itself seriously in the first place is a really stupid arguement to try to make.

    WoW is about death and war and fighting and genocide. It is also about clicking on sheep untill they explode, about grunts who get annoyed when you click them too often. About the Darkness calling, and forgetting to leave a message. It is about Kodos eating things bigger then they are and slowly digesting them. It's about goofy oneliners and over the top emo-drama-kings who end up being raid bosses.

    For all its War and Death and Violence, WoW has NEVER taken itself as seriously as some of you people think it has. If you want bleak, grimdark, oh so serious wank, go play one of the Warhammer games. WoW is not the game you are looking for, no matter how much you want to pretend it always was and that MoP broke it with it's "childish" Panda people.
    Warcraft isn't dark and gritty, but it certainly isn't silly and it definatly takes itself seriously. Its high fantasy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •