Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by sysTERROR View Post
    I guess I've just been with World of Warcraft for too long.

    Mists of Pandaria just seemed...idk, too colorful for me. Although there was definately misery and sadness all around, it didn't have the atmosphere that Wrath of the Lich King, or even Burning Crusade had.

    Wrath was the epitome of what I've always felt WoW had aesthetically. Cold, dreary, and wartorn. It had that Warcraft "feel" to it, so I was always out in the world doing things.

    I find myself just hanging around Orgrimmar quite abit in Mists just because, although beautiful, and pleasing to the eyes, it just doesn't have that "feel" or warrant me to go out and kill things to the scope previous expansions had, even Cataclysm.
    Sounds like you would be better off playing the now dying Warhammer MMORPG. God if ever there was a universe that called out for a successful MMORPG its the Warhammer 40K universe, and the one coming out sounds more like Planetside with space marheens.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I disagree with basically everything you just said of MoP, but I see this thread as a flamebait simply because of your last sentence.
    And what was the purpose of this rant other than to just put your opinion out there while you could have in any established threads, which you have.
    Since you didn't provide any context or arguments for your opinion, I see this post as a flamebait simply because of your last sentence.

  3. #143
    Another uninformed MoP thread. Nice.

    I didn't like the whole panda theme, still don't. Satire comedy? Have you ever leveled through Cataclysm? That was dry humor, and poor theme. The theme is actually pretty dark, you'd see that if you paid attention even in the slightest.

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Maybe I'm biased because I really like Reign of Chaos, but what is up with everyone saying that the Lich King was a bad villain? I thought he was pretty well done in Wrath, and I thought Artha's death scene was pretty well done.
    *spits out tea and breaks his monocle*

    Sorry...what? That was the MOST hamfisted thing ever 'There must ALWAYS BE A LICH KING!' Umm...why? 'Umm...'cause...err..scourge...' you mean the ones who have lost all of their leaders, have no way of rebuilding their forces due to most of the necromancers being killed off as well as having their numbers decimated? "Yessssss?"

    Bullshit!

    I raged so much at that. It made no sense, no sense at all.

  5. #145
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    23,242
    It was *satire* to folks because of one thing.



    Pandas. If we found a different land to exploit, it would of been complimented to all heavens by the loud people in the forums(Even the official forums).
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple https://twitter.com/Aeluron1989

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    WoW has lost its tone of seriousness and with it, its immersion too.


    Cataclysm could have been great if DS wasnt a horrible raid and more focus was placed on the end-game rather than the 1-60 content BUT I cannot complain about that because I think what they did with the 1-60 content was fantastic and needed.

    Im really hoping WoD allows for a more serious tone and a stronger theme that will immerse us. They have 10 levels to do it. Hopefully they will, because I just can't take this expansion serious at all.

    After running SoO a billion times and hearing the same poorly written corny lines from Sylvanas to Lor'Themar or the Paragons or pretty much every other boss, I want to rip my eyes and ears out.

    The whole theme behind the pandaren could have been done a lot better. Its killing me. I apologize if my opinion differs from yours to the point where you feel the need to angrily disagree with me and bash me.




    EDIT: I appreciate what they are doing with the lore with the Garrosh build-up, but I really really really am agitated by the delivery of it (if that makes sense)
    I don't feel that your OP supports your thread title. The title intrigued me, your post just bores me. I feel a little cheated

  7. #147
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post

    The whole theme behind the pandaren could have been done a lot better. Its killing me. I apologize if my opinion differs from yours to the point where you feel the need to angrily disagree with me and bash me.
    Fair enough. There would probably be a point in replying if you had some arguments or examples...but thanks for sharing your opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It was *satire* to folks because of one thing.



    Pandas. If we found a different land to exploit, it would of been complimented to all heavens by the loud people in the forums(Even the official forums).
    I doubt that. Every x-pac has had some loathing, even TBC.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  8. #148
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,984
    If you don't like the theme that' s a perfect valid opinion.

    However the entirety of WC even in it's most 'serious' times is filled with satire and dry humor and corny jokes.

  9. #149
    Stood in the Fire Deithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bulgaria
    Posts
    431
    I feel that the OP is talking lorewise.
    If this is true i say that the OP is corrent and not correct at the same time.
    He is correct about the comedie that is called Jade Forest (the first half of it) and Vale of Four Winds. The quests, the theme and vibe were notin the WoW style. Some quests are indeed comedic, not fun, comedic or tragic.
    But he is incorrect too. Second half in Jade forest quests, aka the questchain witch end with the Sha and especialy Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes was totaly in WoW style. Both epic and dark stories. Especialy Townlong and the Shado-Pan chain. That was fucking epic. It really felt like a real war effort against the yangools and the mantid. And Dread Wastes well i litteraly hate it but not because its stupid or something like that - i hate it because its too dark for my taste both story and atmosphere.
    However i liked Valey of Four Winds. It offered a slice of the everyday life of the farmer, witch was somewhat refreshing from all that "fight the big bad and his minions" deal.

    But overall i think MoP was very good expansion both lore and raid wise. To the very least way way better than Cataclysm.
    Grant me the Serenety to accept the things i cannot change, the Courage to change the things i can and the Wisdom to know the diffrence.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    Sounds like you would be better off playing the now dying Warhammer MMORPG. God if ever there was a universe that called out for a successful MMORPG its the Warhammer 40K universe, and the one coming out sounds more like Planetside with space marheens.
    I dream of a warhammer 40k mmo. The one that was in production has been called off hasn't it?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I dream of a warhammer 40k mmo. The one that was in production has been called off hasn't it?
    Yeah it was killed when THQ collapsed into a screaming thrashing and bloody mess although there is a new one

    http://www.eternalcrusade.com/

    but from the sounds of it, the game will be more like Planetside rather than a MMO RPG.

  12. #152
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post

    After running SoO a billion times and hearing the same poorly written corny lines from Sylvanas to Lor'Themar or the Paragons or pretty much every other boss, I want to rip my eyes and ears out.

    Well I saw that coming a mile away. I cancelled as soon as garrosh normal was down. I mean seriously - 7+ months of clearing this w/o any patches or any new content? So, before I came to hate WoW - I cancelled and am looking forward to WoD to come back and play somemore in azeroth.

    As too the sillyness or childishness of MoP, this is a game after all. Games aren't meant to be taken too seriously and here I think they just remembered that and made a funny xpac. It's no big deal, but make sure you walk away before you tear your ears and eyes out.

  13. #153
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Why isn't the alliance conquering orgrimmar and capping up decades of warfare? Afterall orcs were a massive bulk of the horde's forces.
    And how will tensions between horde and alliance rise again? they really did leave in good terms, since you know, varian could have simply destroyed everything?
    Extremely poor writing. At times seemed improvised.
    Another guy which use "poor writing" for say "I didn't like it". But I guess that using the first statement turn the opinion in fact, and so you look smarter.

    Well, the reason is dramatically simple: the Alliance went there for remove a threat, Garrosh and his grasp over the Horde was the threat, and they arrested Garrosh and killed (probably) all his loyalists, and the Horde rebellion had a big role aswell in achieving that. The rest would have been pointless fighting for satisfy grudge and vengeance, and throw away lives just for that is not so convinient.

    But if we look at it in a deeper way, the reasons for which Varian didn't destroy or conquered everything are two:

    1) Conquering Orgrimmar would have required further bloodshed, it wasn't an easy task, achieviable, but not easy. And then, that would have required much more, because Orgrimmar is the core of the Horde's territory, and if Varian wanted to legitimate his conquest, he had to conquer the Echo Isles and Thunder Bluff aswell, and that would have required a LOT of blood.

    Wrathion states that for conquer Thunder Bluff alone would have required a year, and such a siege would have caused heavy casualities; and even if the Alliance went down this bloody path until the end, Varian admitted he had no idea how to contain, control and administrate the conquered territories, and that would have required a draining of money and resources (in a similar way the Alliance of Lordaeron suffered with the internment camps, which brought Lordaeron in not-so-good terms with Dalaran and Quel'Thalas);

    2) Since Varian had to prove to be better than Garrosh, going to slaughter and conquer the home of those who opposed Garrosh aswell, despite the risks they faced, and had a role in his defeat as much as the Alliance (in other words, the Alliance alone wouldn't have achieved such a brilliant victory) would have just proved that Nazgrim and people like him had a very good point in not joining the Rebellion and fighting for defend the city. All the shit Varian kept saying during the whole expansion, saying that he would have never "lowered" himself to Garrosh's level, would have sounded like hypocrit fluff.

    And beliving that tentions couldn't rise again and that Horde and Alliance left in "good terms" just because Varian didn't destroy the Horde but menaced its leaders of obliteration if they follow the same path of Garrosh is laughable at best. You're clearly confusing the tensions of a cold war with the bloody mess of a total one.

    All things considered, I think we don't have a case of "poor writing", but poor reading. If all these things considered you still think is "poor writing" (aka, "I don't like it") well, you have an opinion then.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-12-12 at 02:00 PM.

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by madassa648 View Post
    Yeah it was killed when THQ collapsed into a screaming thrashing and bloody mess although there is a new one

    http://www.eternalcrusade.com/

    but from the sounds of it, the game will be more like Planetside rather than a MMO RPG.
    I'd be happy even with a single player proper rpg based on such an expansive and infinite universe oh god.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrender View Post
    WoW has lost its tone of seriousness and with it, its immersion too.
    Newsflash, WoW was NEVER EVER serious!
    Remember Mario and Luigi and Donkey Kong References in Un'Goro and other vanilla gags?




  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Another guy which use "poor writing" for say "I didn't like it". But I guess that using the first statement turn the opinion in fact, and so you look smarter.

    Well, the reason is dramatically simple: the Alliance went there for remove a threat, Garrosh and his grasp over the Horde was the threat, and they arrested Garrosh and killed (probably) all his loyalists, and the Horde rebellion had a big role aswell in achieving that. The rest would have been pointless fighting for satisfy grudge and vengeance, and throw away lives just for that is not so convinient.
    Stop right here.

    Are you saying the Alliance thought it was Garrosh who was a threat and not the Horde themselves? Doesn't that strike you as ...idiotic?

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Stop right here.

    Are you saying the Alliance thought it was Garrosh who was a threat and not the Horde themselves? Doesn't that strike you as ...idiotic?
    Stop right there.

    Are we agreeing on this?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Stop right there.

    Are we agreeing on this?
    I see a brofist incoming.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Newsflash, WoW was NEVER EVER serious!
    Remember Mario and Luigi and Donkey Kong References in Un'Goro and other vanilla gags?
    *looks at gorillas dropping [empty barrel]*

    *looks at Harrison jones, goblin starter zone, valley of four winds, stormstout brewery*

    Mmmmmmh.....
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    apparently the cost of freedom, is freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroesec View Post
    I'm not a war monger.

  20. #160
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,086
    Someone enlighten me please. I fail to see how wow was satire prior to cata... There might have been these jokes around but as a complete satire some has mentioned? I fail to see it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •