Caster Multistrike trinket

Will the multistrike component of this trinket work for me as WW? Our guild has been shafted on the Agi trinket and the caster one is now going to offspec.

What are you using currently? The loss of an agi proc is rarely worth it.

Thok's Tail Tip (Str amp) barely passes TED because the passive is ~6% extra damage (heroic WF) between the crit amp and extra haste/mastery, and that has a Strength proc to somewhat make up for not having an Agi one (still grants 1 AP per 1 Str). I can't see the Int amp trinket being any good, and Multistrike is a worse passive than amp, so I don't think it would even be close.

I believe he was asking if the caster's multistrike trinket, http://www.wowhead.com/item=105540/, would work as a melee. While I dont know if it would (I doubt it because of all the restrictions placed on role specific trinkets this tier), it may be a dps gain over something like a normal mode AoC. The proc would be useless, but the multistrike should still function the same way.

If you have the trinket for your healer spec- go windwalker and attack a training dummy with it equip, look at skada, and if you see "multistrike" listed, it's easy to presume it works.

as for it being viable- hell no, if you're having problems getting a trinket (considering you have 3 trinkets spread out from LFR/Flex/Normals(Or Heroics)) you should be running H ToT and at least coining JinRokh right away for H WF Renataki's. Council also drops Bad Juju. At least look for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Arathirius View Post
    I believe he was asking if the caster's multistrike trinket, http://www.wowhead.com/item=105540/, would work as a melee. While I dont know if it would (I doubt it because of all the restrictions placed on role specific trinkets this tier), it may be a dps gain over something like a normal mode AoC. The proc would be useless, but the multistrike should still function the same way.
    That is exactly what I'm thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Arathirius View Post
    Except it wouldn't even be close. Lacking an Agility proc entirely is a huge chunk of damage missing from the trinket. Multistrike is a good passive but it's not even close to good enough to outweigh essentially having 0 proc.

A 580 multistrike proc should account for an average of 6% dps (18% chance to proc 33%). While losing an agi proc is major it could be worth the tradeoff considering how large of a chunk of dps that gain actually becomes. If you get one no reason not to at least play with it some and find out on farm bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    That is exactly what I'm thinking
    The loss of the proc would put this far below AoC.